Early June?

Hillbeans

I told them I like Michael Bolton
Anyone planning on going the first or second week of June? We were supposed to go down March 9-15th, but I had a skiing accident and need ACL surgery next week. I'm hoping to reschedule for sometime in June as long as the surgery is successful.

Is anyone else going down sometime during those days? Anyone know what the weather and crowds may be like?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sorry about your accident. :( We are going the last week/first few days of June. I have read that it can rain a lot during that time. We are excited about going when it's warm though. We have always gone in Dec or Jan. Gaydays is at the beginning of June, but we don't worry about that. I would imagine the crowds getting larger toward the middle of June since schools will be out by then.

We are but We've never been . I suggest keeping track of the weather on the net. Also, I've been reading the 'boards' and they say the first week of June is 'Gay' week and not to wear red color clothing.

I don't mind that the Gay Days will be going on there, and we're not planning on going to the attractions on the busy weekend days either so i'm not too worried about crowds. Didn't know anything about wearing red though???

I usually go last week of may/first week of June. The weather is usually very warm, and can be very humid. Afternoon thunderstorms are common, but usually blow through fairly quickly. In general, I'd much rather go in May/June than later in the season when it can get VERY, VERY hot and humid. One thing, and it doesn't always happen, a couple of years there were brush fires in the area during this time, and the smoke (especially in the mornings) was quite heavy - it usually cleared out around 11am when a hint of a breeze came up.

We will be there 5/31 to 6/7. This will be our third time there during this week since 1999. We were there last year at the same time.

Weather- we've been very lucky and only had one day with rain on each of our previous trips. Temps will be between at least 90 degrees and very humid (just like my home in Houston!).

Crowds - aren't too bad. We've always managed to do exactly what we wanted and more without long lines. Make sure to go to the parks early and USE FASTPASS. Get a fastpass and wait in line for another ride that is close by. You get two rides for one line!

Hello neighbor (Cranford here). We are also going early June. I had a friend who had ACL surgery last year. Took about 6 weeks till she could walk again.

We have gone the first week of June once before (and this coming June will be the second!!). I remember it being very, very hot - holding my DD and the sweat was dripping down my back.

It was Gay days last time and I didn't even know it and wouldn't have known it either. I never noticed anyone/thing different.

All I know is not to go to MK on 6/7 and not because of Gay Day (they have every right to be there too), but because of the crowds!!! It will be very, very crowded.

I checked the Gay website. They have many different activities planned - not just being in parks every day. They do plan Sat. at MK so that's why MK will be very crowded.

Hope this helps and good luck with surgery.

Anna:Pinkbounc :bounce:

We are going June 8-14....this will be our first trip to Disney and to Florida too for that matter! :p We had hoped to go earlier but with all the snow days the kiddos have had they won't be out of school till May 28th. I was hoping we would still be early enough into June to avoid the worst crowds though!

Cutecatcar/Anna - I'm in Somerset, so we're virturally neighbors! I have some friends in Cranford too! Anyway, thanks for the tips on your friends ACL surgery. I'm just afraid if I change my airline tickets from March 9th to June ?, I may still not be able to walk enough to enjoy the parks. Perhaps we'll wait and go in the fall, but I just can't wait that long to get back to Disney.

We will be at WDW and US/IOA June 13-21. We always go in June. We take a break at the hottest part of the day. It does rain for a short time most afternoons. I don't think the crowds are that bad the first 2 weeks of June (went in July once...That was bad). Last year we did have one MK day that was very crowded, I think it had alot to do with no early entry days. It was crowded at opening and got worse as the day went on, so we hopped over to Epcot. (I think that was June 11 last year) When we went to AK at opening we went to Dinoland first instead of KS and my 2DS were able to ride PW 3 times without getting off. (once was enough for me!)

Hope to see ya in June,
Tracie

We'll be there June 6-11 in what's becoming an annual trip due to business (followed by monkey business!). Being someone who primarily goes in the second week of June and/or the fall value season (late September or late October), the weather's the same as September (hot and afternoon rains, but manageable), the crowds are heavier than September, but far, far better than July (20 minute waits max, usually), as long as you go after the Memorial Day weekend and before around June 15th.

As for Gay Days, here's an amazing thought: In September, I think there might actually be gay people who aren't wearing red. My wife and I will wear red shirts, green shirts, blue shirts, and pink shirts while there. Gay Day participants all wear red as a sign of pride and solidarity. Since red is one of my favorite colors, I've worn it at least once two years in a row and have failed to be propositioned, harrassed, or otherwise psychologically disturbed. It's just not a big deal.

In all seriousness, the affects I've noticed from Gay Days is A) the celebrants tend to be younger and younger=louder, regardless of one's orientation; and B) Friday and Saturday night (June 6-7), if my memory serves me, will be berserk at PI. Sort of like a contained Marti Gras. It's actually fun to watch, but dangerous to those with intense crowd allergies (me).

Ok, CuteKatCar/Anna & Hillbeans, it looks like a NJ reunion in June! We will be down there 6/2-6/12! We're in Westfield which is right next door to Cranford and I lived in Somerset for 6 years!

We're just planning on staying away from the parks with the crowds, like Sat 6/7 at MK. We usually go in Sept, so June is already going to feel crowded to us no matter what.

We are going June 2-9! I'm so excited! We usually go in July, so I'm looking forward to it being a little less crowded except for MK on that Saturday, so we'll do another park that day. I always like the rain down there. It such a huge relief from that heat and humidity! I guess I'm a low maintenance gal who doesn't mind getting a little wet!;)

We are going June 1-7, but since it is our first trip I don't really know much. Whatever it's like, it's gotta be better than not going! :teeth:

Small world here in New Jersey!!!!

We'll be at CR from 5/30 to 6/2 and then Poly from 6/2 to 6/7.

When I was planning our last trip, there was another woman planning also and she lived a couple blocks away from me! We didn't know each other, but we found these boards.

Wear your green ribbons. Although I have and have never seen anyone else wearing them.

Anna

Wow, imagine that! That someone on these boards lives right down the street from you! Thanks everyone for your advice. I have to re-book my E-Ticket before next sunday so I have to decide for real this weekend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter