• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Early hours one park only in Feb -- what will we miss?

ChimCher-ee

There's been a change of plans.
We'll be staying at Royal Pacific for four days this week and I was just looking at early park hours. IoA says 8 am for all of Feb, but Universal Studios says no early hours are available. Is this usual? What strategy would you suggest, to maximize Harry Potter related attractions?

(It's been a few years, and last time we were there, I think the parks alternated early hours and only on Universal's early day could we get to Gringotts before the lines built up.)

From what I’ve seen it’s almost always only IOA with early admission. The Harry Potter rides have unlimited express pass now so you don’t really need much strategy any more. If you want to walk through the queues for the Potter rides then go first thing in the morning. And the area is lovely and less crowded at night. Eat at Leaky Cauldron and Three Broomsticks at off times. Otherwise, express pass makes it a breeze.

From what I’ve seen it’s almost always only IOA with early admission. The Harry Potter rides have unlimited express pass now so you don’t really need much strategy any more. If you want to do walk through the queues then go first thing in the morning. And the area is lovely and less crowded at night. Eat at Leaky Cauldron and Three Broomsticks at off times. Otherwise, express pass makes it a breeze.
Thank you! I didn't realize the HP rides were express now. That makes it easier.

Yes, the HP rides are all EP now, so it's easy to get several rides on each one every day if you have Express Passes.

We've found the HP lines to be longer during EE than any other time of the day, due to Universal only opening the HP lands for EE. I wish they would open the entire park up like Disney does for EE.

Last edited:

It's usually only during the busiest times (i.e. Summer, Christmas break) of the year that both parks have EE. But with Unlimited Express that you have, it's a bit of a moot point in terms of the Potter Attractions now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter