Early entry soft opening

Isn't early entry a perk for all on-site guests? Isn't the deluxe perk an after-hours thing?

At the early entry lines this week, the cast members have been yelling "This line is for Disney Resort Guests Only." They haven't been specifying any resort levels, from what I've heard.

I'm currently staying AKL.
The sign only said designated resorts and I had heard earlier reports that it was going to be for deluxe resorts. I changed my post to delete "deluxe". :)

Has anyone tried the early entry for AK yet? We travel tomorrow and we have park reservations for AK on Thursday. I thought I read the whole thread but I might have missed something...

Last edited:

Historically have photopass photographers been available during early entry?
Yes.
I very specifically remember an EMH at Hollyweird where both TOT and RNR were down. Instead of hightailing it to TSL, we went to 2 of the 3 photopass cm's in the area to wait it out so we would watch for the queues to open.

How are they handling those who are both on-site and choose to drive to MK for early entry?

I read that recently they were delaying the ferry and monorail to MK from the TTC to give on-site guests a head-start and to spread out the crowds. I hope now if they still do that, they check to see if you are on-site.

The line was wrapped all the way down beyond the Little Mermaid ride.
It really depends on the spacing of people in line. We were there in April, the line was that far back for 7DMT and it was 40 minutes. If people were not spaced apart, would have easily been 75+

It really depends on the spacing of people in line. We were there in April, the line was that far back for 7DMT and it was 40 minutes. If people were not spaced apart, would have easily been 75+

Yes! It also depends on how much of the queue itself is open. If most of the switchbacks were closed, the line could look a lot longer than it is. I believe TP Lines were reporting an actual 20 minute (ish) wait at 8:55am-ish that day, as was my client.

How are they handling those who are both on-site and choose to drive to MK for early entry?

I read that recently they were delaying the ferry and monorail to MK from the TTC to give on-site guests a head-start and to spread out the crowds. I hope now if they still do that, they check to see if you are on-site.
We experienced this yesterday, 9/27. We arrived by Uber,from a Disney Springs Resort that has access to early entry, at 7:30am. We were held at the TTC security until 7:50. First monorail to MK at 8:04 and guest were entering the turnstiles as we were unloading. There is a cast member with a sign in the hub directing Disney resort guest to the right for early entry. We were probably 100 people deep at the right side of the castle waiting on entry at 8:30. We went straight to SDMT and were off the ride by approx 8:50.

We experienced this yesterday, 9/27. We arrived by Uber,from a Disney Springs Resort that has access to early entry, at 7:30am. We were held at the TTC security until 7:50. First monorail to MK at 8:04 and guest were entering the turnstiles as we were unloading. There is a cast member with a sign in the hub directing Disney resort guest to the right for early entry. We were probably 100 people deep at the right side of the castle waiting on entry at 8:30. We went straight to SDMT and were off the ride by approx 8:50.

So, you were delayed a bit, but not by too much?

We could take the boat from the campgrounds. But, I was hoping to start MK the way Walt planned it. But, if it delays us, then maybe we could do that later.

I am here now with a 2 year old and a 7 years old as well as my wife. Got to MK yesterday at 830 yesterday and pretty much had the half the park done by 11. Today we did Hollywood at 830 and skipped the star wars side and by 10am had slinky coaster, toy story mania (twice) and the mickey and Minnie runaway railroad done. Still isn't the same as the old extra magic hours which upsets me but the half hour is better then nothing.

Thanks for writing how it works. I expected they would have an area where you could enter early. In the past, they had CMs inside the park that scanned your band and let you into the full park. This approach seems easier.

Were they checking eligibility at the TTC or letting everyone over to the MK at 7:50?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter