Early entry question

NorthernCalMom

Compulsive Touring Planner
We got a room at the DLH booked for late July but haven’t yet gotten our tickets/reservations. Last time we went, early entry wasn’t back yet. Anything we should know about EE to maximize that time (I did read DLRExpert’s pinned rope thread and saw that we need to be there early to get to the front of the turnstiles)? We’ll probably get single park tickets from Monday to Thursday, alternating parks, and we were not planning on getting Genie+. Any patterns these days as to which of the parks gets more crowded on which days? Anything else we should be aware of?

30 mins seems painfully short in comparison to the one hour of the olden days…
🙁

You need to be at your respective security checkpoint (dtd gate for dlh) by 7 and be in the park by 720 and lined up in the ee line. It’ll take you about 10 mins to walk from dlh to dtd and another 5-10 to get through the turnstiles.

DL is almost always the most crowded and you can physically see when you approach the gate which is more busy.

Good news is if all the ee rides are working you can get 2-3 rides done in DL given the close proximity the make your way to non ee rides as the main crowd opens. DCA wise you want to go toward Spider-Man as radiator and Toy Story frequently is down and if they are there are no other good rides around to jump on and you would’ve spent most of your ee time walking around.

May the odds be ever be in your favor!

By the time you do standby on Guardians and/or WEB Slingers and/or Incredicoaster, it will be 8 a.m. and TSMM should be up and running.

Toy Story Mania isn’t open?!

That is a pretty paltry list of attractions that are open for EE. 😕

Yeah especially with Radiator often being down. If you have park hoppers always hit EE at DL. But EE is still better then nothing at DCA. Can get some good pictures (no lines for photopass!) enjoy the tranquility of Pixar Pier (before it literally becomes a carnival), and ride your favorite rides 2-3 times before the main crowd descends.

I did Spider, Mater, and made my way to TSMM (which ended up being down until 930) for my last DCA as well as got coffee and a photopass pic all with no wait (and with a toddler!) so I feel there is still value there. Able to also utilize genie plus better as you got a few rides in and you can see how you want the rest of your day to shape up.

I do remember the one hour EE, I was literraly done with the parks by 1030!

By the time you do standby on Guardians and/or WEB Slingers and/or Incredicoaster, it will be 8 a.m. and TSMM should be up and running
I miss the “before times.” We would usually use our early admission hour to go against the masses who speed walked towards RSR and go straight to (what was then) Paradise Pier. One morning we rode TSMM nine times in a row! Good times…

I sound like a crotchety old lady reminiscing about the “good old days,” am I?

I miss the “before times.” We would usually use our early admission hour to go against the masses who speed walked towards RSR and go straight to (what was then) Paradise Pier. One morning we rode TSMM nine times in a row! Good times…

I sound like a crotchety old lady reminiscing about the “good old days,” am I?
Hey, I'm right there with you, shaking my fist in anger! 🤣

I agree and also miss the whole hour in general. The half hour goes sooo quick!

100% agree, 30 minutes felt like nothing. Anyone know why they changed it from an hour?

My only tip is to keep your hotel key even if you check out, or have your reservation pulled up on the app as they'll need to scan it to grant you entry.

100% agree, 30 minutes felt like nothing. Anyone know why they changed it from an hour?

My only tip is to keep your hotel key even if you check out, or have your reservation pulled up on the app as they'll need to scan it to grant you entry.
It matches the early entry offering at WDW. It's also being offered daily in both parks. Pre pandemic morning EMH would rotate dates between the parks.

It matches the early entry offering at WDW. It's also being offered daily in both parks. Pre pandemic morning EMH would rotate dates between the parks.
Thank you, I remember having to figure out which park had it which day and I began looking into that for our upcoming trip and realized it's changed now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter