Early Entry Gate Question

jlindley9

Permanecer sentados, por favor
What time do they start letting people through the turnstiles with EE? What time do they start letting guests through security from the GCH? Thanks!

I was just there last week. They open up GCH security at exactly 7 AM. We walked up around 6:30 each morning and were about 5 families from the front. I would say arrive no later than 6:45 so you’re not too far back in the security line.

Disneyland opened their gates around 7:15, and the EE rope was dropped at exactly 7:30.

I was just there last week. They open up GCH security at exactly 7 AM. We walked up around 6:30 each morning and were about 5 families from the front. I would say arrive no later than 6:45 so you’re not too far back in the security line.

Disneyland opened their gates around 7:15, and the EE rope was dropped at exactly 7:30.
Thank you!

To piggyback on the OPs question, do the DLH security stations also open at 7am? And if so, is the line as nuts as GCH can get?

I'm hoping more security stations open = less of a horrid line. We made a mistake at GCH by getting there about 6:50 and the line was wrapping back to the courtyard. I hadn't been since COVID at that point so I was used to the old school days of DtD being open earlier!

It is my understanding that all the security lines (GCH, DTD, and Harbor) all open at 7 o’clock.

I know the Harbor one doesn’t open until then when the 1st busses come from the Toy Story parking lot. I believe the first trams arrive then as well. I know this from getting in line for Candy Canes every year at Christmastime.

To piggyback on the OPs question, do the DLH security stations also open at 7am? And if so, is the line as nuts as GCH can get?

I'm hoping more security stations open = less of a horrid line. We made a mistake at GCH by getting there about 6:50 and the line was wrapping back to the courtyard. I hadn't been since COVID at that point so I was used to the old school days of DtD being open earlier!

I'm not sure, but there were definitely people in the GCH security line who were staying at the DLH, so maybe it's common practice for some DLH guests to use the GCH entrance? The family behind us one morning had DLH pool bracelets on. I'm not sure if it was because security opens later at the DLH, lines are longer at the DLH, or if these folks just wanted to be marginally closer to the Esplanade at 7:00 when all security opens.

So if we wanted to use early entry is the Pixar Entrance open as well as the GCH entrance? We are staying at DLH and believe we can have access to either option. Just want to make sure we don’t walk to a closed one

We were staying at PP but chose the DLH Security line each morning of our stay. We got in line between 6:20 and 6:30 and were typically the 4th family/group in line. The PP entry line and GCH were too unpredictable for us in our experience in the past.

So if we wanted to use early entry is the Pixar Entrance open as well as the GCH entrance? We are staying at DLH and believe we can have access to either option. Just want to make sure we don’t walk to a closed one
Yes, the PPH entrance is open and nice because once you are in you are already on the park and don’t need to do anything extra for EE.

I'm not sure, but there were definitely people in the GCH security line who were staying at the DLH, so maybe it's common practice for some DLH guests to use the GCH entrance? The family behind us one morning had DLH pool bracelets on. I'm not sure if it was because security opens later at the DLH, lines are longer at the DLH, or if these folks just wanted to be marginally closer to the Esplanade at 7:00 when all security opens.
Huh, that’s interesting. I’ve never been issued a pool bracelet at the DLH. Is that a new thing? Or maybe they were PPH guests using the DLH pool while PPH pool was being renovated?

Huh, that’s interesting. I’ve never been issued a pool bracelet at the DLH. Is that a new thing? Or maybe they were PPH guests using the DLH pool while PPH pool was being renovated?

I have no idea since this was our first Disneyland trip, but every day we went to the pool at the grand cal we had to show our room keys and were given brightly colored bracelets that said “disneys grand Californian hotel and spa.” I saw different colored DLH bracelets on the family we chatted with in line.

We were at the GCH a few weeks ago, and they did have us show the room keys and get pool bracelets when getting our initial towels. Each day was a different colored bracelet. I wish my younger DD was still young enough to want to wear every bracelet throughout the trip (by the end of our Aulani trip about 7 years ago, I think she had 9 different pool bracelets on at the same time!)

As a guest at CGH and you enter DCA from CGH for EE: where do they line the hotel guests up? I have read by Ariels: is this still the case? Trying to strategies, front gates vs this entry point.

Hey! Extra Magic Hour usually lets you in around 30 minutes before the park's regular opening time. For security at the Grand Californian Hotel entrance, it generally opens around the same time as Extra Magic Hour, so you can head on in and make the most of your early start. Have a magical time at the parks! 🏰✨
security at the GCH opens up before that and lets you get your bags checked and scan in and they hold you off in front on the hotel between grizzly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter