Early Docking in Port Canaveral

aliceinvunderland

Mouseketeer
I am currently on the Disney Wonder and we just docked at Port Canaveral, surprising most of the passengers by arriving so early. On our other cruises, we have sailed all night and arrived at port early in the morning. Any ideas as to why we would return to Port Canaveral so early?

Hmm, that is a bit odd. I can't say for your sailing specifically, but could be a lot of possibilities. An emergency situation could be at play, or there could be some weather coming that would have made it difficult to dock in the morning. It could just be a planned early docking to do some maintenance that will require more than the few hours they normally dock for. It would be interesting to find out, but as long as they haven't said anything to the passengers then it debarkation probably won't be any different then normal.

I know once back in 2011 when we cruised the Dream for a Back-2-Back the one cruise docked at 12:00am because of fog that would affect it in the morning

looking MarineTraffic.com and at the track for previous 12 hours or so b4 parking, it does not appear as tho they were in a hurry ... Given the natural kick a northbound ship gets when going north in this area they were virtually dragging the anchor part of the time!

Option would have been to do some donuts but given that the gulf stream can also cause the seas to be bouncy (not as noticable when going 'with' the current) ... I suspect the early arrival allowed a better night sleep!

looking MarineTraffic.com and at the track for previous 12 hours or so b4 parking, it does not appear as tho they were in a hurry ... Given the natural kick a northbound ship gets when going north in this area they were virtually dragging the anchor part of the time!

Option would have been to do some donuts but given that the gulf stream can also cause the seas to be bouncy (not as noticable when going 'with' the current) ... I suspect the early arrival allowed a better night sleep!

I love to hear your analysis of things like this @Capt_BJ . It really is great to be able to hear from someone that is obviously knowledgeable on these sorts of topics.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter