Early Dining Wait List

esmiles

Earning My Ears
Those who wait listed early dining and got it- when did you find out? We booked right at 60 days prior to sailing and of course are on the wait list. I know that if we don't get it in advance I can try when we board, but I wasn't sure when I may see a change on our dining preference if the wait list works. We have an 11 month old that typically goes to bed at 7pm so we are really hoping we can get it switched... Our sailing still appears to have quite a bit of space open.

Those who wait listed early dining and got it- when did you find out? We booked right at 60 days prior to sailing and of course are on the wait list. I know that if we don't get it in advance I can try when we board, but I wasn't sure when I may see a change on our dining preference if the wait list works. We have an 11 month old that typically goes to bed at 7pm so we are really hoping we can get it switched... Our sailing still appears to have quite a bit of space open.
When we've been on the wait list, we've been changed to early dining anywhere from a couple of months out, up to 3 days prior. No way of knowing how long it will be, if it happens at all.

We found out we were moved to main dining 1 week before our cruise, we were a party of 5. I just booked a cruise for next year in November for a party of 10, and we are currently wait listed for main dining.

We've been wait listed a few times and found out several months prior to sailing. The only time we didn't move to main dining is when we booked about 3 months prior to the cruise. A key date is PIF. Many people will cancel right before that date and it opens a ton of slots.

We booked a March 2018 cruise during the first week of November, and were waitlisted for main dining. We found out about a few days before PIF that we were switched to main. I noticed it on our confirmation email at the same time they processed a port tax & fee refund (we were already PIF at that point).

I was once moved onboard in the 2nd morning for a similar situation. (We booked that one very last minute.) the key is if they haven’t moved you by the cruise, which they often do, then go right to the dining change people first when you board and get your name on the list. They appear to go in order of the list when you are requesting to change it onboard, at least from my experience. (I saw the list with changes.)

Last edited:
We are WL for main seating. We just did a Very Merrytime cruise and we had second seating. We had no problem getting to the early shows but sometimes these meals dragged on so late. And for the $249 photo price, we had a whole 37 pictures. We missed absolutely every photo op because they shut down before we got out of dinner.

Is first seating better/faster?

We were just on a 4 day Merrytime cruise on the Dream. We booked last minute - about 18 days - prior to sailing and waitlisted main seating. About 3 days prior to sailing I noticed on the website we had been changed to main.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter