Early December or Christmas week?

KalamityJane

DIS Veteran
I’m piecing together an early Dec resort only stay (we LOVE the Fort!) and I’m only missing 1 night but I’ve been watching Christmas week and scored a tent site for 12/25-12/30! So now I’m wondering about coming for Christmas…

We’ve done early Dec before and love it, but have never been for Christmas. My family all lives in Orlando and would be camping with us. If you’ve camped both times, which do you prefer and why?

We will NOT be braving the parks if we go at Christmas, so that’s a non issue. I’m mainly wondering if there’s more extra activities on the holiday or around it, like the golf cart parade, or if the scavenger hunt is extra busy, etc.

My wife and I have been spending Christmas at the Fort for the last few years. So I will take a stab at this one.
The Ride of Shame AKA Disney's Holiday Golf Cart Parade , TRADITIONALY taken place on Christmas Eve. Last year the nightly Lighting of the Settlement Tree was changed from a nightly celebration with a lucky family chosen to press the button to an automatic timer occurrence. There was in the past a Pet Parade on the 24th. For that last 2 years that has been suspended. Disney , if , memory serves me has done some special events at the Meadows Pool. There has been a SPECIAL Movie at the Campfire Movie Program on both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. The Carriage Ride will be a presented as a Sleigh Ride and tour some of the more heavily decorated loops.
Non DISNEY Sponsored events
Some private groups will be conducting scavenger hunts. Hints are given the various groups' FB pages.
The Crazy Goat Lady from Kentucky is rumored to be returning to Ft Wilderness this year and bringing her UNDERGROUND GOAT YOGA STUDIO , with her. She is also reported to planning to renew her Flashlight Trash Can Tours.
If you are extremely lucky, during your stay you may get to witness our own Amcc's son training to defend his Donut Eating Championship Title. I am still negotiating with the SAVAGE SISTERS' manager , My Wife, to reopen a Kissing Booth with our Katie.
We are unhappy to announce that due to Prior Family Commitments ( No their wives haven't had them institutionalized , YET) Bama Ed will not be present to provide his International Renown Lecture Series " THE JOY OF SCRAPPLE " . Nor will TIGGERDAD be available to conduct his NSS Training Camp for Beginners
Hope this helped

If there is no difference in the cost, I would snag the Christmas dates so you know you will not have to keep looking for that elusive reservation cancellation. But that's only my opinion.

When I booked my Dec, 2024 into Jan 2025 I needed to make 4 reservations to get the dates we wanted. No Problem, I've been here before. I call Disney and get an agent who understood what I wanted to do. IE consolidate all 4 into 1.
Apparently Disney has changed their policy about doing this for Ft. Wilderness ONLY. Where these reservations , for any other resort it can/could be accomplished. At Ft Wilderness the best they can do is link all of them together.

When I booked my Dec, 2024 into Jan 2025 I needed to make 4 reservations to get the dates we wanted. No Problem, I've been here before. I call Disney and get an agent who understood what I wanted to do. IE consolidate all 4 into 1.
Apparently Disney has changed their policy about doing this for Ft. Wilderness ONLY. Where these reservations , for any other resort it can/could be accomplished. At Ft Wilderness the best they can do is link all of them together.
We have been doing the same thing for over 15 years with no problem consolidating them. We do not understand why the Fort of all resorts will not do this. Definitely making our stay in an RV over Christmas difficult by not only moving our RV and car but also our decorations. And why does Disney want to add unnecessary traffic on the Fort's roads?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter