Early December crowd levels

emmagator

out west...
Could anyone comment on crowd levels and ride closures during the first couple weeks of December? We've been going the week of Presidents Day in Feb and are considering changing to December. We've never seen the park in the holidays. Thanks.

Crowds on Main Street can be bad on the first weekend of December due to the Candlelight Processional.

I've gone in the first half of December a couple of times and I found it a pretty good time to go. The weekends (Fri evening through Sun) tend to be busy, but the weekdays were manageable. There weren't many scheduled ride closures that I can recall and the parks were generally operating on fairly long hours and full entertainment. The first weekend in Dec tends to be when Candelight Processional occurs, so there will be large crowds for that (especially depending on the celebrity narrator). CP can also impact some attractions (while it's going on) and there is some infrastructure that gets set-up that can impact Town Square.

fantastic choice...but only for 2018....there is a whole extra week of post Thanksgiving Christmas weeks....2018 is the earliest date for Thanksgiving and will be for a long time.......so those first two weeks in December ( not including weekends) will be the best five days of the week in 2018 for a fully operational ( at this point in the refurb year) Disneyland, more attractions, more CMs, more street entertainment, ( though hours could be shorter) but hey, being your first Christmas at Disneyland, you can forget all about that, because Christmas at Disneyland will be beyond your expectations in Disney Magic.

I think it varies. I went December 11 (early/mid December), and I honestly thought crowds were amazing. I’m not sure if it’s because I mentally prepared myself for it to be insane (at this point no AP were blocked), but we got so much done! When I was checking maxpass options, I noticed rides didn’t run out of passes until about 3 or 4 pm.

I am going 12/6-10 this year. I don't care too much about crowds. It's when I can go. Other than concern of gate closures (which shoudln't be an issue in early December) it's always busy so, go when it's best for your schedule.

Great info all, I had the same question as planning on going early Dec 2018.
On another note, is there a MVMCP or any other hard ticket events to worry about like World has?

Great info all, I had the same question as planning on going early Dec 2018.
On another note, is there a MVMCP or any other hard ticket events to worry about like World has?
No DL does not have the Christmas parties like the Florida park does. Unless they drastically change something this year, but I doubt it lol Enough is going on trying to add Star Wars

We got married at the DLH on 12/7/97, and love that time of year. I think there are CM parties and the processional the very first week?, but we have enjoyed manageable crowds on the times we've gone back around our anniversary. And this post is making me think we need to go for our 21st. HA!

Our anniversary is in early December so we've gone a few times at that time, and crowds were never a problem. The place isn't deserted, but it isn't packed either. This last time was great - we were trying to get FP for the second WoC show on a Saturday, and we actually couldn't because every time we came back all afternoon they were still distributing for the first show. So we ended up going to the first show and there were only a half dozen people in our whole section (granted, it was the "wet zone"). The closest person was about 10 feet away from us. One year we went during Candlelight Processional and during the processional main street was a mess (it didn't help that they were still showing Paint the Night back then, so in addition to the processional crowd there were people camped out for the parade), but they had CM's out enforcing one-way traffic and once you got off of main street the rest of the park was fine. After the processional a ton of people left and all of fantasyland (except Peter Pan) was walk-on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter