Early Booking Online

We're gold and didn't get the email, either.

Have you allowed notifications?

Beyond that, unfortunately, this would not be the first time DCL emails never arrive for some people.

Yes, and double checked to make sure it's still set to allow.

Is there another place I should check besides My Disney Cruise > My Profile > Communication Preferences > and checking "yes" to Marketing Permission? I get Disney email all the time...AbD, DVC, D23, Disney Interactive, DMR, etc but I haven't gotten anything from Castaway Club since after my first cruise in 2014. I've even logged into my Castaway Club account to check and there's no setting there that I can find. I wouldn't put it past Disney to not have their tech ducks in order though. Ugh.

We are gold and never got it either. I'm in Canada and I think my ISP provider has something set to filter out Disney because I never get anything from them and all my permissions are set. I'm DVC as well and never get those emails either other than reservation confirmations.

This is great news but like other posters I think the system will get overwhelmed and there will be many website crashes on opening day!

We are platinum and didn't receive an email.
I really hope they have added a way to incorporate onboard bookings to the new reservations.
The DCL blog is reporting that you will still need to call if you want to use your placeholder. I loved his comment about how Starbucks seems to have figured this out but it still stumps DCL.:rotfl2:

Baby steps.

I wonder if this announcement, as well as being a nice change, is in anticipation of the next set of dates coming out very soon? It can't be long, now, surely?

Even some system crashes has GOT to be better than the current system of holding on the phone for hours. Plus, for those that still have to go on the phone for placeholders, etc. I don't think it is too much to hope that the wait times might be SOMEWHAT shorter as some people will book online or just be wanting to check prices and do that online. Even those that call should have shorter calls because they can check out 10 options online as they wait on hold and then when they get through just say, "I'd like to book..." instead of asking about the price and details of 10 options.

Plus, it shows that they are moving in the right direction. Adding capacity to their online system over time is more promising than hoping the wait time on the phone goes down over time.

Last edited:
I loved his comment about how Starbucks seems to have figured this out but it still stumps DCL.:rotfl2:

Baby steps.

Disney's tech is horrible, unreliable, and spades behind everyone else, especially for the size of the company. Just their ShopDisney site alone is ancient despite the revamp. I recently placed an order for 3 of the same item. Their site shows I ordered 1 and charged for 1. I had to call to confirm my order, which on their end shows the right amount ordered. I don't know how someone does business like that, in 2018 with such an inaccurate, and basic merchant website. I know mom and pop businesses with a better, more accurate and tech current site than Disney.

I'm gold and no email either... I am going to be optimistic about it not crashing as I REALLY hate having to call but.. yeah. This might not be pretty crashing wise...

We are gold and did not receive the email. However I went to the Castaway Club webpage and the announcement is there:

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/castaway-club/

COMING SOON: Early Online Booking for New Itineraries
For our next itinerary announcement, members will be able to book online during a designated early booking window. If you're an existing member, simply log in to your account now to verify your Castaway Club status, so that you'll be ready to book when the new itineraries become available.

If you have any questions about your Castaway Club status, please contact Disney Cruise Line at (800) 449-3380.

END QUOTE

Add me to the never get a DCL e-mail club. I've called and talked to numerous people and I've tried everything they've recommend to try, no luck. I've also changed e-mail addresses using different domains and still nothing. But no problem getting e-mails from other Disney departments.

Disney's tech is horrible, unreliable, and spades behind everyone else, especially for the size of the company. Just their ShopDisney site alone is ancient despite the revamp. I recently placed an order for 3 of the same item. Their site shows I ordered 1 and charged for 1. I had to call to confirm my order, which on their end shows the right amount ordered. I don't know how someone does business like that, in 2018 with such an inaccurate, and basic merchant website. I know mom and pop businesses with a better, more accurate and tech current site than Disney.

I actually have had better experiences with the DCL site than with RCL. I recently booked my first cruise for them and later had issues with it even showing on their site. Then I found it but they didn't show what my remaining payment was. It was a mess! A month later I was finally able to see the information I needed again.

I actually have had better experiences with the DCL site than with RCL. I recently booked my first cruise for them and later had issues with it even showing on their site. Then I found it but they didn't show what my remaining payment was. It was a mess! A month later I was finally able to see the information I needed again.

Oy! What a pain!
I booked Palo for my upcoming cruise. It's not showing up in my daily itinerary, nor did I get an email confirmation. It does show up in my full, printable itinerary or I'd be freaking out a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter