Early booking discount

wii fit mama

Mouseketeer
We missed the early booking discount for our trip next year because our travel agent was out of town & they were gone when she returned on the 5th. Is there any chance that Disney will restore the discounts if people cancel at 14 days?

Just curious but what trip were you thinking of choosing? Are there any discounts on the trip before or after the date you chose? I hope things can work out for you.

We wanted to go on the June 20th Southwest Splendors trip, but had to leave a week later on June 27th to get the discount.

This many not help this time, but for the future...

Book it yourself and then when your Travel agent is back in town
turn the reservation over to her.
It will require 2 phone call...1 from you telling ABD that you are turning the reservation over to your Travel Agent and a 2nd from your travel agent.

I WOULD MAKE MY AGENT PAY THE DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!

And yes, if people cancel with early booking discounts that will reopen up those spots. You will need to be one the phone with them and ask for a
supervisor, early in the day.

Yep, it could be restored but I'd certainly consider other dates.

My understanding of the early booking discount has nothing to do with how early you book. It's the allocation of discounted 'slots' that each adventure has. Once those slots are filled, no more early booking discount.

It's similar to airline seat pricing, you see a fare sale, check out the available seats, once those seats are sold the sale is gone. You can still fly on that flight but you'll pay more than the guy sitting next to you. You'd be amazed at how many different price points there are on any given aircraft, and they each have a specific number of seats allocated to each one of those fares. Once those seats are sold at that price, the only thing left are seats at more expensive fares.

Sounds like ABD has now implemented a similar model. Once the EBD is gone the 'fare' changes and once there are only a certain number of slots left on any given tour they are going to increase the 'fare' yet again starting in 2009. Certainly encourages "early booking" doesn't it?

So...as usual, timing is everything! :)

I was too late to get the EBD on the date I wanted too. One thing you may consider if you are planning on visiting WDW sometime in the next year is an annual pass. This gets you 10% off the ABD trips. Almost as much a discount as EBD.

One thing you may consider if you are planning on visiting WDW sometime in the next year is an annual pass. This gets you 10% off the ABD trips. Almost as much a discount as EBD.

Hello ABD Mom,

Do you know if you can get both the EBD and an annual pass discount for the same trip? I booked my trip on 8/5/08 and received the EBD, but didn't know about the annual pass discount so I didn't ask for it.

Kathy

Hi

I called up ABD and asked that question back in July. The EBD and the annual pass discount are NOT combinable.

Wow, I didn't know there was an annual pass discount. That's GREAT news! I've been panicking about missing out on the EB discount because I want to book the Emerald Isle trip for next summer, but can't be sure of our dates yet. I feel much better knowing I can get the AP discount if I'm too late for early booking. Does everyone in the party need an AP, or just the person booking?

Thanks for passing along this tip! :)

And don't forget about Costco Card. THe EBD, Costco Card and previous ABD loyalty discount ARE combinable! :banana:

Thanks for the info ABD mom. I'm happy that I got the EBD and I will get a Costco gift card after the trip thanks to the helpful advice I got on the DIS boards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter