Early April Disneyland Discounts

Communicore1991

Mouseketeer
Other threads seem to be looking for WDW, but I'm planning on going to Disneyland staying at one of the resorts the first half of April. I didn't see anything posted on Disneyland's website but was wondering where else I could look/find discounts or codes to use?

There most likely won't be any kind of on property discount for that time period as it is considered a peak time, spring break.

Really? I thought Spring Break ended at the end of March with Easter. I figured right after Spring Break would be prime time to go as everyone would be back to school.

Really? I thought Spring Break ended at the end of March with Easter. I figured right after Spring Break would be prime time to go as everyone would be back to school.
We, along with many other schools in Washington (not saying all of them), have spring break the first week of April no matter when Easter falls. I think that a lot of public schools don't focus on the Easter aspect of it anymore.

Many of the public districts in my area (NorCal) no longer tie spring break particularly closely to Easter- our spring break is almost always the first or second week of April. This year it's the first week of April, right after Easter. That said, from the MK blockout calendar you can tell that Disney is expecting peak spring break this year to be last week of March (which is when LA unified has their break), right before Easter as you said.

So there is definitely a possibility they will release a spring discount (last year they actually had a discount even through spring break season). It probably won't come out until mid-February though. Also expect it to follow a similar pattern to the winter discount that goes thru March 7 (only valid Sun-Thurs). You can always book your room now and then rebook or call and have the promotion rate applied once it is released if your room qualifies.

As a side note, DLR generally doesn't have discount "codes". They do sometimes send targeted promo codes by mail or email but those are one time use and non-transferable if someone does get one.

We, along with many other schools in Washington (not saying all of them), have spring break the first week of April no matter when Easter falls. I think that a lot of public schools don't focus on the Easter aspect of it anymore.
Agreed. When we used to go on my son's school break, it seemed like all of Washington state was there along with us.

Spring break for colleges tends to be done in March, but many K-12 districts around the country are in the first half of April.

Other threads seem to be looking for WDW, but I'm planning on going to Disneyland staying at one of the resorts the first half of April. I didn't see anything posted on Disneyland's website but was wondering where else I could look/find discounts or codes to use?
What dates are you looking for? The Disneyland site shows Disneyland hotel for $466 and the Grand for $585 for April 8-12.* Those are good rates even though it isn't a sale. Other nights around the same time are almost $700-$1,000.

*(Rates as of Jan. 18)

Dapper Day has good rates for DLH and GCH, also. I believe the DD dates are the same as Pluto468 found so maybe that's why.

Edited to say that no, Dapper Day rates are a little different. You can book DLH between the dates of April 3-10 for $419 plus tax and GCH same dates for $509 + tax if you book through the Dapper Day site. If you do that, please consider buying a ticket to their Expo at the DLH. It's pretty cool and I like to suppport them.
https://dapperday.com/pages/spring-2024-disneyland-resort-1

Last edited:

There was a sale last year. Announced on 2/21/23. I suspect Disneyland will follow the 2022 dates for the 2024 sale.

3/12/23-6/8/23Save up to 15% on most premium and standard rooms Sun-Thur at Grand Californian & Disneyland Hotel and up to 10% on most rooms Sun-Thur at Paradise Pier2/21/23, exp 6/5/23
3/12/23-6/8/23Disney Visa cardholders save up to 25% on select premium rooms Sun-Thur at Grand Californian & Disneyland Hotel and up to 20% on most premium rooms Sun-Thur at Paradise Pier2/21/23, exp 6/5/23
3/12/23-6/8/23Magic Key Annual Passholders save 20% on most premium rooms and standard rooms Sun-Thur at Disneyland Hotel & Grand Californian and 15% on most premium rooms Sun-Thur at Paradise Pier???, exp 6/5/23
See for a history and 2022 dates

4/11/22-6/9/22Save up to 25% on select rooms Sun-Thur at Grand Californian; up to 20% on select rooms Sun-Thur at Disneyland Hotel and up to 10% on most rooms Sun-Thur at Paradise Pier3/22/22, exp 6/6/22
4/11/22-6/9/22Disney Visa cardholders save up to 25% on select rooms at Grand Californian; up to 20% on select rooms at Disneyland Hotel and up to 10% on most rooms at Paradise Pier3/22/22, exp 6/6/22
4/11/22-6/9/22Magic Key Annual Passholders save up to 30% on most premium rooms and up to 20% on most standard rooms at Disneyland Hotel & Grand Californian and up to 15% on most premium rooms at Paradise Pier??, exp 6/6/22

https://www.mousesavers.com/disneyl...sked-questions-about-disneyland/#newdiscounts

What dates are you looking for? The Disneyland site shows Disneyland hotel for $466 and the Grand for $585 for April 8-12.* Those are good rates even though it isn't a sale. Other nights around the same time are almost $700-$1,000.

*(Rates as of Jan. 18)
I'm looking at April 7-11 so this falls in that range. I think one of the days at the Grand Californian it jumped up to $650 a night but I didn't realize that was a lower rate than normal.
There was a sale last year. Announced on 2/21/23. I suspect Disneyland will follow the 2022 dates for the 2024 sale.

3/12/23-6/8/23Save up to 15% on most premium and standard rooms Sun-Thur at Grand Californian & Disneyland Hotel and up to 10% on most rooms Sun-Thur at Paradise Pier2/21/23, exp 6/5/23
3/12/23-6/8/23Disney Visa cardholders save up to 25% on select premium rooms Sun-Thur at Grand Californian & Disneyland Hotel and up to 20% on most premium rooms Sun-Thur at Paradise Pier2/21/23, exp 6/5/23
3/12/23-6/8/23Magic Key Annual Passholders save 20% on most premium rooms and standard rooms Sun-Thur at Disneyland Hotel & Grand Californian and 15% on most premium rooms Sun-Thur at Paradise Pier???, exp 6/5/23
See for a history and 2022 dates

4/11/22-6/9/22Save up to 25% on select rooms Sun-Thur at Grand Californian; up to 20% on select rooms Sun-Thur at Disneyland Hotel and up to 10% on most rooms Sun-Thur at Paradise Pier3/22/22, exp 6/6/22
4/11/22-6/9/22Disney Visa cardholders save up to 25% on select rooms at Grand Californian; up to 20% on select rooms at Disneyland Hotel and up to 10% on most rooms at Paradise Pier3/22/22, exp 6/6/22
4/11/22-6/9/22Magic Key Annual Passholders save up to 30% on most premium rooms and up to 20% on most standard rooms at Disneyland Hotel & Grand Californian and up to 15% on most premium rooms at Paradise Pier??, exp 6/6/22

https://www.mousesavers.com/disneyl...sked-questions-about-disneyland/#newdiscounts
Thank you for posting these historic deals and dates! It sounds like I'll just book my hotel now and can always call in if a better rate comes out along the way.

Is there any advantage or reason I should buy park tickets through Disney when making my hotel reservation? I was thinking of using Undercover Tourist to save some money on tickets.

I'm looking at April 7-11 so this falls in that range. I think one of the days at the Grand Californian it jumped up to $650 a night but I didn't realize that was a lower rate than normal.

Thank you for posting these historic deals and dates! It sounds like I'll just book my hotel now and can always call in if a better rate comes out along the way.

Is there any advantage or reason I should buy park tickets through Disney when making my hotel reservation? I was thinking of using Undercover Tourist to save some money on tickets.
Book your hotel. On the day the sale hits, call Disney ASAP and ask for the same to be applied to your hotel reservation. You are a resort hotel guest and you are guaranteed a park reservation. If you can save money go for it! The only thing I would say make your park reservations immediately after your purchase.

I always book through Undercover Tourist because the tickets are refundable and usually cost less than going through Disney. Since you're going in April, I'd buy your tickets and make your reservations right away, as @joseph821 said.

I'm going that same week and will be at the Grand. Crowds seem like they'll be decent. Can't wait :)

Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter