• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Early AM Bus from CR to HS?

Erica Ladd

DIS Veteran
Anyone have any very recent experiences riding the bus from contemporary to Hollywood studios in the morning to get there before opening? We have an early ADR at Chef Mickey’s but planned on going to HS that day... will an uber be ‘necessary’???

depending on the time, CR buses may share routes with nearby MK resorts so the bus may be slow compared to ubering to HS. i wouldn't say it would be necessary to uber to HS, but it would be more reliable if you wanted to get there before opening

We stayed at Cr 8/19-23. We ate at Kona on our HS day. There were so many people at 9:10 for the bus we did grab an Uber.
FYI there are taxis at each resort. The resort will hail one for you. The cm at poly actually approached us and said I have a taxi around the corner if needed let me know when we said waiting for ride.

The 1st uber was doing circles in the MK parking lot. Dd was livid and canceled it after 10 mins of frustration. The next one was so thankful for the work. It was maybe $13 to get to DS.

@Erica Ladd The buses were wonderful. Most times we were the only ones on it. Sometimes just one other party.

With the plastic barriers and spread out sections it was very safe and easy. When we left a park a bus always just showed up. It was like they were watching and sent a bus as people arrived, we never waited more than 2 minutes to leave.

For MK we walked to it but usually mono back midday in the heat. Mono was pretty empty most times and we usually had our own car,

I figure we will walk out and see the bus times at CR and if they are too long we will just uber or taxi. If we are on site can I see bus times for CR in my app? or is that just for people staying at CR?

No experience since reopening but the bus service to HS and AK last year was horrendous from CR.
I told my sister if we stay there again we will Uber to those 2 parks.

You said

There isn't any need to get there because most days they aren't allowing people to enter the park early. You will stuck outside with everyone else

I thought I read people were on rides before 10am or were on line for rides already when they tried for their boarding groups? If they do BG's at 10 it seems like you would HAVE to be in a park?!?!?!

@Erica Ladd you are correct you must be in the park before 10 AM to actually have a chance at getting a BG.

And yes rides begin to open about 30 minutes before the 10 AM official park opening and BG VQ Window opens.

Yes you want to be in the park at least 10-15 minutes before 10 AM. And yes you will be able to enter the park well before that time. The is currently no "rope drop", guests are allowed to start temp screening and security checks around 9:15 AM each morning.

So if you are at the CR and want to decide which mode of transport to choose just check the bus line shortly before about 8:50 AM. The MDE app does not show how long the line for the reduced capacity bus service. If you chose Lyft / Uber don't plan to arrive at the HS parking entrance before about 9:05 AM.

Dave

Have they eliminated the second boarding group drop of the day? (The one at 1 or 2?) Why the obsession with the 10am one if they haven't? Or is it that everyone tries for both of them?

The second VQ opens at 2 PM and the amount of BGs available at that time depend on how the attraction is operating for the day. So on some days there are no BGs or only Backup BGs that may never be called that day.

If you get one at 10 AM you can't get another one at 2 PM but if you miss out at 10 AM you do have an opportunity try again at 2 PM.

Dave

The second VQ opens at 2 PM and the amount of BGs available at that time depend on how the attraction is operating for the day. So on some days there are no BGs or only Backup BGs that may never be called that day.

If you get one at 10 AM you can't get another one at 2 PM but if you miss out at 10 AM you do have an opportunity try again at 2 PM.

Dave

Gotcha. It's a moot point for me as I don't do Star Wars, but it's good to know for others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter