• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Early Admission (MM/EMH/APEE) Super Thread

one more quick ?...is MM for Disney California adventure too, or only for disneyland park

It's all on the first post of this thread. Here's a quote:

Is MM offered at California Adventure also?
Different from WDW, MM is only offered at Disneyland Park. However, DCA frequently opens half an hour early to allow guests to ride Soarin (only) and line up for rope drop.

Here is a little time saving tip if you are in a hurry to get into the parks first on these mornings:
If you are one of the first to be waiting at the gates, a cast member will be choosing a family to be Honorary Citizens, sign the guest book and officially open the park. You get a button for each memeber of your family and it seems like a big thrill, right? Well, if you are not in a rush, yes. But if you are in a rush, and chosen you might want to defer to a different family, because this process takes a while and will DEFINATELY hold you up.
We saw this one day and that family was there forever. The next day we were chosen and we were trying to get to Nemo, so we said "Thank you, but no, thank you". I think we were the first to ever decline!
Lo and behold, we were sitting waiting for the parade that day and a cast member came up to us to give us buttons and make us "Honorary Citizens"!
Ironic!

We will be staying at DLH June 2-7 and visiting the two parks Tuesday-Friday. We arrive late on a Monday and early afternoon on Saturday.

The last grad night will take place on Thursday June 5th. Anyone know how far in advance the changes to MM will be available? I was hoping for 2 days of MM, but who know if that will happen now!

I'm still trying to figure out if the parking lots are open before EE/MM so that we can get there, park (which we're still figuring out if we're doing), and still get time for the extra hour. Anyone know? :)

I'm still trying to figure out if the parking lots are open before EE/MM so that we can get there, park (which we're still figuring out if we're doing), and still get time for the extra hour. Anyone know? :)
They open 30 minutes before MM.

FYI for those wanting MM at DCA. Last time we were there DCA's gates opened about 30 mins prior to posted opening (meaning 9:30, when it is scheduled for 10am) and Sorain' over Califronia is open.

FYI for those wanting MM at DCA. Last time we were there DCA's gates opened about 30 mins prior to posted opening (meaning 9:30, when it is scheduled for 10am) and Sorain' over Califronia is open.
It is not really MM but you are right it does open early most days. The OP discusses this already so it is covered.

I just wanted to add for those that ordered their Park hoppers by using their airmiles instead of buying them that your tickets DO have one MM entry. Also the shipping for those park hoppers is really quick!

Here is a little time saving tip if you are in a hurry to get into the parks first on these mornings:
If you are one of the first to be waiting at the gates, a cast member will be choosing a family to be Honorary Citizens, sign the guest book and officially open the park. You get a button for each memeber of your family and it seems like a big thrill, right? Well, if you are not in a rush, yes. But if you are in a rush, and chosen you might want to defer to a different family, because this process takes a while and will DEFINATELY hold you up.
We saw this one day and that family was there forever. The next day we were chosen and we were trying to get to Nemo, so we said "Thank you, but no, thank you". I think we were the first to ever decline!
Lo and behold, we were sitting waiting for the parade that day and a cast member came up to us to give us buttons and make us "Honorary Citizens"!
Ironic!

I doubt you're the first to turn it down...many people have no clue what the YOMD thing is all about, and think they are being sold something. :)

As for the HC buttons, I hate to burst a bubble, but they hand those things out like candy. DS has something like 4. Now, why they gave them to you I don't know, but DS gets 'em all the time. Were you especially adorable at that moment? Had someone knocked you down and you were crying? (2 reasons DS has gotten them) teehee, just kidding. (can't do smilies right now, there's something wrong with my computer!)

Had someone knocked you down and you were crying?
I really want one of those buttons, so thanks for suggesting a technique to increase my chances of getting one! (This should work for a 30-something solo female Guest, right???)

I really want one of those buttons, so thanks for suggesting a technique to increase my chances of getting one! (This should work for a 30-something solo female Guest, right???)

It might! Make a big huge snorfly deal, and look really sad. :) :lmao:

But if they are out of the buttons, you might just get a Mickey sticker, so be prepared for the Mickey sticker.

And if you go to Seaworld, they also hand out stickers, but those gave DS a rash (he sticks all stickers on his wrists for about 10 minutes then takes them off), but the DLR stickers did not. You've been warned. :upsidedow

I have a question. Last time I was at DL (myself in March, and my sister in September) the Early entry days were every day except Wednesday and Sunday. (I am pretty sure we used it on Monday and Tuesday, but I am not sure about Fridays since we were not there then.) Since when did they change it to taking off another day of the week???
Is it true that EE or MM is not available at all on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays even in the summer?? I want to make sure, because it might make the difference of staying onsite or not. If we are opening the park up on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, then no use staying onsite!

Just clarifying before making reservations... Thanks in advance!

I have a question. Last time I was at DL (myself in March, and my sister in September) the Early entry days were every day except Wednesday and Sunday. (I am pretty sure we used it on Monday and Tuesday, but I am not sure about Fridays since we were not there then.) Since when did they change it to taking off another day of the week???
Is it true that EE or MM is not available at all on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays even in the summer?? I want to make sure, because it might make the difference of staying onsite or not. If we are opening the park up on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, then no use staying onsite!

Just clarifying before making reservations... Thanks in advance!

Back in March and September the MM days were: M, T, Th, Sa.
As of Jan 1, 08 the MM days are: Su, T, Th, Sa.
MM days do not change based on the season.

With the caveat you mention yourself in the OP about special events - grad nights being one of them.

Thanks, I knew I wasn't imagining things. I am glad they did not take away another day, they just changed Monday to Sunday. At least it does not affect our stay there any differently. I just now need to figure out if the extra Saturday hour is worth staying onsite or not.... if it were several MM, yes...but only one...hmmmm.

Thanks DLR29 and Hydroguy! :)

Is there any way, any how, to get extra MM tickets? I'm going in April for a Tues, Wed and Thurs. With my 3 day pass I'll get either the Tuesday or Thursday pass. But I'd like to take the kids early on Tuesday AND Thursday. Is this possible in any way, shape or form????

Woo hoo thanks for this thread! I did EE a few years ago and it was so fun!! My mom and I went on Buzz Lightyear like 3 times in a row hehe not really taking advantage of everything available but we still had fun :) I didn't know about getting MM every day offered for staying onsite!! I might stay onsite every time I go now hehe it's worth the extra to get in early!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter