Early 2025 - Wish, Dream, Treasure, or...?

Thank you so much for these comments, they helped us a lot.

The main draw would be to explore & enjoy the ship. On our three previous cruises, we've actually only ever gotten off at Castaway (somewhat due to itineraries, but also the kids' ages on the first couple).

We don't have any desire to get off on the Western ports, so if we did the Treasure we would be on board up until Castaway as well. We would get off at the Eastern ports "next time," in 2026 or beyond.

So it's either Dream, 2 full ship days + 2 Disney islands; or Treasure, 5 full ship days + 1 Disney island.

New island + new ship is nice, but we just feel like we're past 4 nights. If we lived closer, then maybe. But for a M-F cruise, we are all missing a week of school (DW and I both teach), plus we are flying down there from Nebraska. Doesn't seem worth it for 4 nights. I appreciate the suggestions for additional activities, and we do have the WDW annual passes. But we have other WDW trips specifically planned, so that would not feel necessary. And we just did Kennedy Space Center (literally one year ago TODAY!).

All of that is to say that we are leaning heavily towards the Treasure. Haven't booked it yet, but likely will soon.

In future years we can plan on the Eastern itinerary, as well as a 5-nighter to hit LHP either on the Dream/Magic. Or maybe one of the Magic repositioning cruises, which would be for 6 or 7 nights AND hit CC & LHP, plus San Juan! That would check the new (to us) ship + new island boxes as well.

Thanks again for all of the thoughts/feedback.
I don‘t care who you are, where you’ve cruised, or what you want to do. To have a trip booked for a week on the Treasure at this moment, would be the happiest feeling for a vacationer right now. I’m so happy for you! You can throw a new island here, a cheaper price there, bla bla bla. If money was no object, THIS would be the creme de la creme of cruising desire right now. Wonderful decision!

I’d go for the Treasure. We made the same choice for Mar 2025. We’ve been on all ships and tho the Fantasy is still my favorite ship, the Wish follows 2nd BECAUSE it is different. I like the changes, other than the walking track. I think the ship is a lot of fun, with lots to do and am looking forward to spending 7 days (vs the 4 on the Wish) on the ship and the great port calls as well. We would really like to hit the new private island, but we are good to save that for another time. The Treasure just looks like too much fun to us to go for the island, which is only a few hours of one day. That price tho, yes, it is an arm breaker! Good luck in your choice and I’m sure you’ll have fun either way. Go on and commit and save yourself the stress and enjoy the outcome!

The Treasure just looks like too much fun to us to go for the island, which is only a few hours of one day. That price tho, yes, it is an arm breaker! Good luck in your choice and I’m sure you’ll have fun either way. Go on and commit and save yourself the stress and enjoy the outcome!
Appreciate this, and we have come to realize that and agree. It took some thinking & talking, but it's a major 'purchase' so that is understandable. The eye-popping price gave us a bit of pause for sure as well. At some point, though, you're right; commit and just enjoy it! With it being over a year away we can make it fit in our budget. Now to pick a room!

RCCL / diamond fan here and am about to try DCL. I cannot imagine a scenario in which you are happy with Carnival after being on DCL. All of this is subjective. For me, ship is key and RCCL Oasis / Icon are head and shoulders above the rest (in terms of ship). I've been on Oasis 2X and it's a wonderful ship.

RCCL / diamond fan here and am about to try DCL. I cannot imagine a scenario in which you are happy with Carnival after being on DCL. All of this is subjective. For me, ship is key and RCCL Oasis / Icon are head and shoulders above the rest (in terms of ship). I've been on Oasis 2X and it's a wonderful ship.
Really? We went on Mardi Gras a couple months after Oasis and all preferred the Mardi Gras, especially where included food is concerned.

Carnivals newest ships (Mardi Gras, Celebration, Jubilee) are very different IMHO.

Really? We went on Mardi Gras a couple months after Oasis and all preferred the Mardi Gras, especially where included food is concerned.

Carnivals newest ships (Mardi Gras, Celebration, Jubilee) are very different IMHO.

Apologies -- you are right. This is a fair point if you are limiting the discussion to the newest ships. Food is subjective but like any cruise, there are things to eat and things to avoid.

OP here. We booked the 7-night Western on the Treasure a couple days ago, and I'm happy to report that I've slept well the last couple of nights :) The excitement of a full week on a brand new ship beats the other options handily.

We had been thinking an 8B Family Oceanview, as we really enjoyed that category on the Fantasy. But ultimately we decided to splurge just a bit more and for 5B Verandah room (hopefully "Up" themed, according to the only source I could find).

It's too much money, but the 10% placeholder definitely helped. We scrimp & save at home so we can travel like this, and with it being a year away we can fit it in the budget.

Thanks much to those who helped guide us!

OP here. We booked the 7-night Western on the Treasure a couple days ago, and I'm happy to report that I've slept well the last couple of nights :) The excitement of a full week on a brand new ship beats the other options handily.

We had been thinking an 8B Family Oceanview, as we really enjoyed that category on the Fantasy. But ultimately we decided to splurge just a bit more and for 5B Verandah room (hopefully "Up" themed, according to the only source I could find).

It's too much money, but the 10% placeholder definitely helped. We scrimp & save at home so we can travel like this, and with it being a year away we can fit it in the budget.

Thanks much to those who helped guide us!
I saw your post on the other thread, looks like we're booked on the same trip and deck, if we're looking at the same room theme source from these boards. And same about the cost. lots can happen between now and then (big family trip. one of our planned guests would be 90 at sailing) so we're not 100% sure if we'll make it and of course are putting the final decision off until the PIF deadline, but we really really want to!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter