Early 0700 flights on a Monday

Do you have Precheck? Are you checking bags?

If it were me – with Precheck and no bags to check – I'd be working backward like this...

7 a.m. | Flight leaves
6:30 a.m. | Boarding begins
5:30 - 6 a.m. | Arrival at gate
5:15 a.m. | Arrival at airport
4:45 a.m. | Depart hotel

Thanks! Checking bags, not prechecked. I plan to speak to the front desk as well about options & availability.

Thanks! Checking bags, not prechecked. I plan to speak to the front desk as well about options & availability.
I agree with the 4:30 departure from the hotel at the latest. Add a few minutes to check bags, and some extra for security, and 4:15 may look better to be safe. I'm guessing Monday morning might be busy with business travelers.

I agree with the 4:30 departure from the hotel at the latest. Add a few minutes to check bags, and some extra for security, and 4:15 may look better to be safe. I'm guessing Monday morning might be busy with business travelers.
It will be busier with biz travelers, but not that early. Most biz travelers aren't going to get up at 0 dark thirty when travelling on Other People's Money.

It will be busier with biz travelers, but not that early. Most biz travelers aren't going to get up at 0 dark thirty when travelling on Other People's Money.
I was thinking possibly getting the 0700-0800 flights depending on where they need to be and when.

Please do yourself a massive favor and book car service ASAP. Last minute, most companies aren’t going to have too many drivers on the road at that hour. Don’t wait to speak to the front desk.

I was thinking possibly getting the 0700-0800 flights depending on where they need to be and when.
If Biz travelers need to be somewhere that bad, most are going to go out the day before. The exception being those that own the business. But for employees, no way I'm getting up at 0400 to save the company a few bucks. Especially since I'm hourly and only get paid during my "regular working hours" for travel.

If Biz travelers need to be somewhere that bad, most are going to go out the day before. The exception being those that own the business. But for employees, no way I'm getting up at 0400 to save the company a few bucks. Especially since I'm hourly and only get paid during my "regular working hours" for travel.

Depends on destination and flight times. A Biz flyer who is going to be away for the week might want to dine with his family on Sunday night. I agree a Biz traveler won't pick that flight to save money but might to have more time with family. A 7a flight might get to destination early enough to have a full, or almost, day of work on Monday.

Update - we prebooked uber for 0430 & did the new free mco reserve for tsa. We had plenty of time but many people did not plan well & missed their flights. It was 30+ minutes for TSA at 0530 today.

If you don’t mind sharing, how much did you pay for your Uber? DH and I fly out of MCO on Good Friday (4/15) and I cannot decide if we should book a ride share or just take MEARS to the airport. We won’t have any bags to check and I do plan on making a reservation with Clear to get through security faster. Our flight leaves at 9:00am.

Don't count on "scheduled" Ubers to work out how you want to. All the "scheduling" does is put the ride into the queue at a certain time. There is no guarantee of service or timing and you don't go to the front of the line. If you actually want a scheduled pick up, it's a much safer idea to book with one of the point to point companies or book a taxi.

Don't count on "scheduled" Ubers to work out how you want to. All the "scheduling" does is put the ride into the queue at a certain time. There is no guarantee of service or timing and you don't go to the front of the line. If you actually want a scheduled pick up, it's a much safer idea to book with one of the point to point companies or book a taxi.
That is no longer the case. They now send scheduled ride requests out to drivers a day or so in advance. Drivers have to be online at least an hour before the reservation, and rides before that will be in the direction of the pickup.

but many people did not plan well & missed their flights. It was 30+ minutes for TSA at 0530 today.
I suggest, if you have the time, post this observation, in other threads where posters suggest cutting the timing close.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter