Earlier at Space 220?

flickchick321

Earning My Ears
I managed to score an ADR for Space 220 at 8:25 this week. I also have a 3 year old. 😅 I'm still checking religiously for an earlier time, but I'm not holding out hope that my luck will extend to managing to get two Space 220 ADRs. If in the very likely event that I can't get an earlier ADR, do you think they might seat us earlier if we show up earlier? Or would a CM at our resort be able to call them and ask if we'd be able to get in earlier? (We're park hopping there in the late afternoon, otherwise I'd walk over myself ask).
I have a feeling that the answer is probably going to be no, but I just wanted to know if it was worth it to try. Otherwise, I guess we'll just try to let him nap as long as possible, lol!

Since most everything is now done on the MDE app a person is only able to check in 20 minutes prior to their reservation time I would think it is doubtful. That said your best chance is to keep trying to modify your time on the app or the day of go to Space 220 and see if they can possibly assist you.

We had a Space220 dinner reservation Nov 2021 around 7:20 pm (checked in 20 mins earlier) and still missed Harmonious. If you have lounge reservations, service might be quicker, but the restaurant took over 2.5 hrs.

It’s was around 10:30 pm when we left the park (took us 15 mins to walk back) and we were among the last few people allowed on the Skyliner; we ran before they closed it off (we were told it was a 45 min wait, but it was only 20 mins).

I managed to score an ADR for Space 220 at 8:25 this week. I also have a 3 year old. 😅 I'm still checking religiously for an earlier time, but I'm not holding out hope that my luck will extend to managing to get two Space 220 ADRs. If in the very likely event that I can't get an earlier ADR, do you think they might seat us earlier if we show up earlier? Or would a CM at our resort be able to call them and ask if we'd be able to get in earlier? (We're park hopping there in the late afternoon, otherwise I'd walk over myself ask).
I have a feeling that the answer is probably going to be no, but I just wanted to know if it was worth it to try. Otherwise, I guess we'll just try to let him nap as long as possible, lol!

I doubt they’ll seat you much earlier than your ADR time. They probably won’t have a spot to move you to if they’re fully booked. We’ve been for dinner twice. Both times we checked in about 10 minutes before our ADR. We waited about 15 - 20 minutes inside the waiting area before we were seated. Not necessarily Space, but at other places when we’ve checked in early just because we were close by, we’ve been told we would be seated close to our ADR time. And we were.

Highly doubtful anyone at the resort will call to get you moved up. Again, if the restaurant is fully booked, there’s nowhere to move you to. I can’t imagine the chaos if everyone who wasn’t happy with their ADR time called & asked to move around day of.

However, keep checking while you’re there, including the day & evening before your ADR. Lots of people cancel ADRs the night before to avoid the no show fee as they finalize their plans for the next day. I was able to get a Space ADR the night before on our trip in September. I had 1 for later in the week & cancelled it when I found one earlier in the week, so someone was probably able to get the one I cancelled too. You never know.

I doubt they’ll seat you much earlier than your ADR time. They probably won’t have a spot to move you to if they’re fully booked. We’ve been for dinner twice. Both times we checked in about 10 minutes before our ADR. We waited about 15 - 20 minutes inside the waiting area before we were seated. Not necessarily Space, but at other places when we’ve checked in early just because we were close by, we’ve been told we would be seated close to our ADR time. And we were.

Highly doubtful anyone at the resort will call to get you moved up. Again, if the restaurant is fully booked, there’s nowhere to move you to. I can’t imagine the chaos if everyone who wasn’t happy with their ADR time called & asked to move around day of.

However, keep checking while you’re there, including the day & evening before your ADR. Lots of people cancel ADRs the night before to avoid the no show fee as they finalize their plans for the next day. I was able to get a Space ADR the night before on our trip in September. I had 1 for later in the week & cancelled it when I found one earlier in the week, so someone was probably able to get the one I cancelled too. You never know.
Just looking for recent experiences positive or negative. I’ll probably ask the concierge at Four Seasons if they can do something; I’m ok if at least the 12:40 and 12:50 are allowed in together, which shouldn’t be too much of a hassle. If they take me as a walk up at the bar, that would work as well (they can free up ADRs for 2)

Last edited:

We dined in the lounge in September. And arrived maybe 15 minutes before our ADR time and there was a cast member outside looking at people's ADR times and telling them to come back closer to the time. So thinking that getting in early would probably not work.

We dined in the lounge in September. And arrived maybe 15 minutes before our ADR time and there was a cast member outside looking at people's ADR times and telling them to come back closer to the time. So thinking that getting in early would probably not work.
How long did the lounge take? Is an hour enough?

How long did the lounge take? Is an hour enough?

Ummm, I think a little more than an hour, but really not much more and depends what you get. We got 3 apps to share among 2 of us and each got a dessert too. So, we may have been a little longer than others around us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter