Eagle Creek pack it or space savers?

funnygarcia

Hyena, Dis Diva, vegan-in-training
Has anyone had experience with those Eagle Creek Pack it system or the space saver bags?

I am trying to decide if they are worth the cost.
I bought the double cube w a $10 discount (2 of them) and trying to decide if I should get the folder type or just some space saver bags.
This will be for one LARGE duffle w rolling wheel for 2 adults 6, 9 yr old for one week. Thinking of 4 outfits each plus swimsuits, undies, socks and all the little extras.
We used the same bag last yr w just some mild confusion of where socks were in bag etc.. But with all of the bag searches w the airlines I was hoping to make it easier..
see web site .......

www.eaglecreek.com/pack-it_system/40139.html

or would space saver bags be better?

... because the security folks insist on opening everything themselves, and putting it back as well. If you rely on space-saver bags to make everything fit, it well may not when security tries to re-pack it. Putting socks and undies in smaller bags is always a good idea, though, keeps them from getting away! You can just use large ziplocs for those, though.

I like packit folders for business travel when I don't check bags, but I doubt I would bother with them for a WDW trip. If you have any Marshall's stores nearby, check them first before paying retail; they often have Eagle Creek or Lewis N. Clark overstocks.

However, with the amount you are putting in that one bag, it sounds to me like it will be checked. Checked bags are very seldom opened, usually they either x-ray them or subject them to sniffing by dogs trained to find explosives.

Thanks for the info! This will be a checked bag - I have already bought the cubes
( w a discount )- but will use them to keep all those little items together - or maybe all the kids clothes together. We are going to DisneyLAND but much longer than we usually go .. Think I will try the ziploc bag ideas I have heard about as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter