E ticket Question

disnie susie

Mouseketeer
I thought I would ask my DIS friends if there is anything I could do. I currently own 2 four day park hoppers that I purchased from undercover tourist (which I know I can't return or exchange with them). Disney is now offering a promotional ticket Jan-May 2019 with max pass for roughly the same price I paid. Does anyone know if there is any way to exchange them through Disney?

I prepurchased tickets for my trip in March, so I'm in the same boat. Who would have thought ticket prices would go down?!? Not me! Unfortunately I don't think there is anything we can do. My desired solution is to buy the promotional tickets to use in March and save the ones that I already bought for another trip later in the year, but I don't think DH is going to go for that:(.

I figured that was the case. Who would have ever thought Disney would run a promotion. I was worried about ticket prices going up. Oh well.

I prepurchased tickets for my trip in March, so I'm in the same boat... My desired solution is to buy the promotional tickets to use in March and save the ones that I already bought for another trip later in the year, but I don't think DH is going to go for that:(.

Don't forget that your tickets will not lose their original dollar value. So even if you can't use them before their expiration date, you could still apply their value toward new tickets on your next trip. You would only pay the difference if any price increase had occurred in the meantime. Whether you get a second trip next year or not, at least your tickets won't be a total loss.

So is it possible that I would be able to upgrade my current 4 day hoppers approx $322.00 to the promo 5 day hopper with max pass $339.00 and just pay the difference of $17.00?

I would call or email Disney Guest Services to ask for a specific answer to your question. I don't know if the promotional tickets would be considered a true "upgrade." If so, that sounds like a great deal. It certainly can't hurt to ask.

So is it possible that I would be able to upgrade my current 4 day hoppers approx $322.00 to the promo 5 day hopper with max pass $339.00 and just pay the difference of $17.00?
I think the sticking point is that tickets can only be upgraded at the ticket booth (someone correct me if I'm wrong) and these promotional tickets are only available online. If you do contact Guest Services, please report back.

Edited: I thought I'd read somewhere that the promo tickets had to be purchased online, now I can't find that in the terms & conditions. Maybe there's a chance for upgrade after all. I'm going to email Disney.

Last edited:

Okay, I emailed and called guest services (just because I think 2 answers are better than one). On the phone I was told that I could upgrade my current non-promotional tickets for promotional tickets as long as the new tickets are equal or greater value. So in my specific case, I asked if my 2day 1park/day w/Maxpass tickets ($230 each) could be upgraded to 3day 1park/day w/Maxpass promotional tickets ($240 each) and I was told that it could be done for the $10 difference. I will update as soon as I receive an emailed response, because I want to see it in writing before I change my hotel reservations.

Thanks for the info. Assuming this will need to be done at ticket booth. Please let me know how you make out.

I bought my tickets through Undercover Tourist for my brother, his wife and myself, for a February trip. I have decided to turn lemons into lemonade. I am going to buy the promotional tickets for myself and DH (he finally agreed to go on the February trip.) I am going to buy 3 more tickets from Undercover Tourist to add to mine, and I am adding a trip. My boys will be 21 in August, I want one more family trip. I want to see DH and boys experience the new Star Wars area together.

I think the sticking point is that tickets can only be upgraded at the ticket booth (someone correct me if I'm wrong) and these promotional tickets are only available online. If you do contact Guest Services, please report back.

Edited: I thought I'd read somewhere that the promo tickets had to be purchased online, now I can't find that in the terms & conditions. Maybe there's a chance for upgrade after all. I'm going to email Disney.
Be very careful! I purchased the discounted ( $70 per day 1park)tickets online ( for 8 people in my family). We are going in March 2019 for grandchildren's birthdays. I thought purchasing the tickets now would make nice Christmas presents. When I completed the online purchase I was sent an email for the total which was $2080 (upgraded to 3 day park hopper tickets for all 8 which was still a good deal at $260 a person) l was told in the email the ticket gift receipt with the actual ticket numbers would be coming in my email within 24 hours. I checked my email and the next day waited the full 24 hours but the email never showed up. I checked all my email folders including junk and spam and trash but the ticket receipt was not there. I called the ticket help line and was told there was nothing they could do but refund my money. I was not happy. So I called the website help line and was told that the best way to purchase the discounted tickets is to call a real person buy the tickets and have them mail them to you. You can also scan them in the Disney app to turn them into E tickets. So now I have to wait 3-5 business days for my refund to go through so I can purchase them by calling the ticket office. Don't purchase these tickets online! There is no guarantee the ticket numbers will get through to you via email.

Be very careful! I purchased the discounted ( $70 per day 1park)tickets online ( for 8 people in my family). We are going in March 2019 for grandchildren's birthdays. I thought purchasing the tickets now would make nice Christmas presents. When I completed the online purchase I was sent an email for the total which was $2080 (upgraded to 3 day park hopper tickets for all 8 which was still a good deal at $260 a person) l was told in the email the ticket gift receipt with the actual ticket numbers would be coming in my email within 24 hours. I checked my email and the next day waited the full 24 hours but the email never showed up. I checked all my email folders including junk and spam and trash but the ticket receipt was not there. I called the ticket help line and was told there was nothing they could do but refund my money. I was not happy. So I called the website help line and was told that the best way to purchase the discounted tickets is to call a real person buy the tickets and have them mail them to you. You can also scan them in the Disney app to turn them into E tickets. So now I have to wait 3-5 business days for my refund to go through so I can purchase them by calling the ticket office. Don't purchase these tickets online! There is no guarantee the ticket numbers will get through to you via email.

I'm a little confused. Did you purchase these tickets directly from Disney, or from a 3rd party? Sorry you've had such a hassle, that's frustrating. I've purchased tickets online many times and always received the email immediately. Also, if you've purchased directly from Disney, and used the same sign in info that you use on the app, they should be on the app without scanning them in.

I'm a little confused. Did you purchase these tickets directly from Disney, or from a 3rd party? Sorry you've had such a hassle, that's frustrating. I've purchased tickets online many times and always received the email immediately. Also, if you've purchased directly from Disney, and used the same sign in info that you use on the app, they should be on the app without scanning them in.
Yes I bought directly from the Disney.go website. I get Disney communication about password updated and information via email all the time so like you thought there would be no trouble with this. I was wrong- the people in the ticket help office said this does happen from time to time . They don't have any control over it. They said it won't show up in the app if the ticket receipt wasn't sent.

Here is the response to my email:
Thank you for contacting us regarding the Disneyland Resort.

"We appreciate your message and look forward to answering your questions.

So that we may better assist you, please contact Disneyland Resort Ticketing & Reservations at (714) 781-4565.

Ticketing & Reservations is open daily 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time).

We look forward to speaking with you.

Linda Trump
Guest Correspondence
Disneyland Resort"

I guess I won't be getting my answer in writing.

I also pre-bought tickets from Undercover Tourist a month ago for our Late January trip. Called Disney Customer Service yesterday and was told that we could upgrade our tickets at Guest Services when we arrive in January, as long as the new price is higher than the old price (upgrading from 4 day Park Hopper to 5 day park hopper with Max pass x 5 people, for price increase of $55 (TOTALLY WORTH IT!!)). Only blackout dates are around Easter. No risk of selling out since they'll be running the promo until May. I'm really excited since we were debating getting Max pass, but an extra $50/day seemed extravagant. Can only upgrade in person since already have tickets.

Good Luck! Hope you have a magical trip!

When I called, I wish I would've asked about MM. I'm upgrading from 2 days to 3, so I should get a MM, but I know it used to be that you didn't get MM if you purchased at the booth. Anyone know if that's still the case? I'll likely be making another phone call.

Edit: I answered my own question by looking at the terms online, MM available on online tickets only.

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone for all of your help. I got an email response from disney, that said so long as it is an upgrade it would be no problem to exchange at the ticket booth and just pay the difference. It will still be a savings, and I 'll be able to spend a few extra hours in the park.

Just wanted to update you on my ticket upgrade. I had no trouble upgrading my 4 day park hopper tickets from undercover tourist. I was able to exchange them for 5 day promo park hopper tickets with max pass. They gave me full value of the tickets. It was like getting max pass for free. A very magical way to start my vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter