• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

E ride nights worth it?

samsid99

Disney Fan
Are e-ride nights really worth the money? I have never used them before, but my initial thoughts are $32 and just 8 attractions open??? Are there other things going on during this time. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Completely worth the money.

No lines, feeling like you have the MK to yourself and you can ride SM over and over.

The nice cooler night weather makes it great too.

Last time I was there the cost was $12 per person. Where did you get the $32 from?

It is totally worth it. The attractions that are open are the most popular and there are really no lines to speak of. The weather is cooler and the park is emptier. There are some cool photo opportunities, when we did Enight, Mickey and Minnie were there along with some others.

Ann:earsgirl:

Thanks for your quick input.

I got the 32 from one adult price and two children. my younger dd is to afraid to ride space mountain....would the lines be okay for my older dd to ride alone with us waiting at the exit for her? thanks again, really appreciate the input!

Most definitely.

Whenever we did e-night, the lines were either all walk-ons or waiting less then 5 minutes, if even that.

Whenever there is a e-night when we go, we always take advantage of it. Sometimes there might be more than one on our trip, and since we just LOVE the rides on the list, we do it more than once.

E rides are the best value that Disney offers, period! We live for e ride nights. ::MickeyMo

LOVE e-ride nights!! Totally worth it IMO. We rode Buzz Lightyear several times in a row last trip, it was SO MUCH FUN!!!:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I didn't realize only certain rides are open! Where can I find the listof what's open? I guess my plan to only go to MK at night won't be good if I want to enjoy the whole park.

From what I understand, and please correct me if I'm wrong, when the park first opened, lettered tickets were available and the best rides required an E-Ticket to ride. That's why only the "best" rides are open during E-Ride nights.

I hope that can explain a little bit about why only certain rides are open.

we found that they were very much worth it...
no lines and no people....heavenly peace and quiet (relatively speaking to the daytime july crowds)...and the park is really nice at night...

as for the name, that's correct....it harkens back to before it was pay one price.....you paid money and got a packet of tickets: A, B, C, D and E....(the tickets were always good....you could come back with them another day)...
the A rides were the transportation rides on main street (the bus, the horse drawn carriage)
the B rides were: i'm not sure - maybe the carousel and tea cups, but they might have been C rides....maybe this was the swiss family robinson?
the C rides were: fantasyland dark rides i think
the D rides were: the tiki room?, the TTA, the grand prix raceway
the E rides were: pirates, small world, haunted mansion,

i'm probably wrong about the breakdown but you get the idea...(it's been a VERY long time since i used those tickets....but i still have them somewhere in the house)..

I hate to get off the original poster's question, but where do you buy the e-ride tickets. Do you get them at your resort or can you get them ahead of time? Thanks!

i believe that tickets for eticket night are only available at the disney resorts and only to guests staying onsite at the disney resorts....you also need a regular ticket to get into the park, besides the eticket....

Even though all the attractions are not open, when you combine an e-night with fast passes and another trip (same day or not) to the MK - you can see everthing without any hassles. We use a morning visit to do all the non-enight rides/attractions. It's great passing the long lines. Add fp to the mix and you've got the MK covered.

If you have asked this question last June, I would have answered with a HUGE No it is NOT worth the money.
We went last June & it was PACKED! There wasn't even enough time to ride every ride that was open!

We decided to try it again this June. We went on June 14th (Monday) It was from 11pm-2am.....it was TOTALLY WORTH it!!!!!!
This was what we did in those 3 hours
BuzzLightyear ride 6x (3x without getting off)
Peter Pan 5x (without getting off)
Haunted Mansion 6 or 7x (lost count) at one point we were the ONLY ones on the whole ride!!!!!
Winnie the Pooh 4x
Mickey Philharmagic 2x
Splash Mountain 1x (it was just me b/c others in my party don't like that ride....I could have rode more though)

We did not do Space Mountain because I was the only one that would have rode it & we were having too much fun on the Buzz Lightyear ride!

Anyway, we had SO much fun! It was like we had the park to oursevles!
We loved it & would do it again in a heartbeat!

I am thinking last June was just a bad Enight & it isn't the norm!

i think it is totally worth the money because all the rides that are usually packed are not. IMO, i think it is cool to ride splash mountian a few times at night. the runaway railroad it cool too. Having the park like that late at night is an experience. when I went last time, I felt like it was only me and my family

Originally posted by airhead
I didn't realize only certain rides are open! Where can I find the listof what's open? I guess my plan to only go to MK at night won't be good if I want to enjoy the whole park.

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Buzz Lightyear
Country Bear Jamboree
Haunted Mansion
Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Mickey's PhilharMagic
Peter Pan's Flight
Space Mountain
Splash Mountain

Here's a link for more e-ride info:
http://allearsnet.com/tp/etik.htm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter