DXDP vs DDP

SantiJB

Mouseketeer
Hi,

If we compare one credit of DXDP and one credit of DDP the only differente between them is that the credit of DxDP allows you to obtain an extra appetizer in a TS restaurants?

If I used DxDP credit in a QS restaurant, I would obtain the same food that using a QS credit of DDP regular??: entrée or complete combo meal and beverage

If I used DxDP credit in a TS restaurant a la carte for breakfast, I would obtain the same food that using a TS credit of DDP regular??: entrée and beverage OR full buffet and beverage

If I used DxDP credit in a lunch or dinner buffet I would obtain the same food that using a TS credito of DDP regular?

Any more differences???

Thank you!

I don't know if it's a difference, but the thing that you're missing is the value of these credits for the price you paid. DxDDP credits are "worth" about $35 each whereas the DDP TS credit is "worth" about $43 and the QS credit is around $21.

I absolutely agree, it is a really good point to take into account!!

But according to your experience, in relation to the food, the difference is the appetizer included in TS restaurants a la carte?

No desserts included in breakfasts? No sides included in QS restaurants?

Thank you!

Hi,

If we compare one credit of DXDP and one credit of DDP the only differente between them is that the credit of DxDP allows you to obtain an extra appetizer in a TS restaurants?

If I used DxDP credit in a QS restaurant, I would obtain the same food that using a QS credit of DDP regular??: entrée or complete combo meal and beverage

If I used DxDP credit in a TS restaurant a la carte for breakfast, I would obtain the same food that using a TS credit of DDP regular??: entrée (which may or may not come w/ sides depending on the restaurant's menu) and beverage OR full buffet and beverage

If I used DxDP credit in a lunch or dinner buffet I would obtain the same food that using a TS credito of DDP regular?

Any more differences???

Thank you!

1) One credit of DxDP gives you a beverage, appetizer, entree and dessert for lunch and dinner.
One credit of DDP gives you a beverage and entree for lunch and dinner.

2) a QS eatery is not the wisest use of the 3 credits given per day interms of cost per credit. That being said you can use it a la carte or for a combo meal.

3) Dunno..I don't eat much in the way of hot breakfasts.

4) Yes.

ETA: you might find this calculator useful for figuring out which if any plan is best for your needs
http://distripplanner.com/

Last edited:

I absolutely agree, it is a really good point to take into account!!

But according to your experience, in relation to the food, the difference is the appetizer included in TS restaurants a la carte?

No desserts included in breakfasts? No sides included in QS restaurants?

Thank you!

That is correct. In terms of food, unless you're doing a la carte TS for lunch and dinner, you get the same thing the regular DDP gives you.

Hi,

If I used DxDP credit in a TS restaurant a la carte for breakfast, I would obtain the same food that using a TS credit of DDP regular??: entrée and beverage OR full buffet and beverage

Any more differences???

Thank you!

This is how I plan out dining plans:

I look at my schedule and where my family wants to eat. Will they want mostly buffet (no) or will we look at mostly signature dining for dinner? Will they choose appetizers? Do I want TS lunch as well as dinner?

If we are lookign at lastly 1 credit meals, and are not plannig to include TS lunch but will go with CS, I skip DxDDP. I can buy a lot of extras for the difference in price.

If my family is buying buffet dinners, or fixed cost meals, the DDP is fine. If we want a more involved dining experience, more signature meals, plenty of appetizers, adn TS lunch, we book Dxddp.

Fist: plan your dining and cost it out. That will be the best gauge for your value.

Yes, plan your dining and know how much people eat. Remember if you are at TS that are not AYCTE (ie you order off menu for app, entree, dessert) you can share meals. So if you are two lighter eaters, you could share one TS credit. I think if I split app, entree and dessert I would be happy. I know eating most of them all by myself means I will not eat everything!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter