DVD-Beauty & the Beast from WDW?

MaryannF

<font color=purple>Very interesting...<br><font co
Did anyone else order the Beauty and the Beast DVD while visiting WDW this summer? While my daughter was filling a box of Mr. Potato Head parts at Once Upon a Toy a cast member told me about a special deal that was being offered. For 24.99 US we could preorder Beauty & the Beast special edition, get a free B & the B collectible pin, and a free video or dvd of one of the following, Hercules, The Kid, Life Size, Mighty Joe Young, The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad or Whispers: an Elephant's Tale. PLUS free shipping and handling even to Canada. We filled out a form, paid, received our free pin and were told the rest would be shipped between Oct. 9 and Oct. 19. So far I haven't seen anything. I now notice that the fine print says Duties and taxes (I already paid Florida sales tax but I'm sure there could be more taxes) are the responsibility of the recipient. Could it be held up at customs? Did anyone else order this?

We received ours on Tuesday last week - it came from a mailing company in Whitby, ON not direct from the US (though B&B was a US version DVD so they must have sent a truckload to Whitby for despatch). The second DVD was a canadian version so they could be short of the title you selected.

We, too got ours last week. Didn't have to pay any extra and got the B&B and Hercules that we ordered. They were both great and we were glad we'd pre-ordered it.

I also ordered B&theB and Hercules on DVD. Did someone have to be home to sign for it or did they just leave it? Did it come Canada Post or by courier? I was home every afternoon last week. If they came and there wasn't anyone home I would guess that they would leave a notice with instructions. I think I'll have to make a phone call to WDW. I found a phone number on the receipt but was trying to avoid calling as it's long distance. Thanks for your replies.

It came in the regular mail - it was just sitting in the box. We also had Hercules as well as BatB.

Long distance is not an issue for us since we moved away from Bell - 8c/min is a cheap price for peace of mind. Ring and see what they have to say.

Called WDW MDSE Guest Services 1-407-363-6200 to ask why I hadn't received the DVD's. I was told that they were overwhelmed by the response and had handed it over to a company called Gage 1-866-899-8896. I explained that I was calling from Canada and was told I had to call this number to find out information. Called and was on hold for 15 minutes only to be told that Canadians have to call 1-877-823-0804. Called there and was told that they are severely backlogged. They couldn't even give me an estimate on how long it would take. I'll just keep looking in the mail.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter