DVC's Beach Alligator problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, apparently Disney disagrees with you. They are currently putting up gator warning signs, and the fence is already up. All along the beach. This should have been done a long time ago.

I hope you people blaming the parents can sleep well at night, with all of that extra knowledge you have about this specific topic. There are more than you on this planet, and they haven't travelled to Disney World their entire lives.

Well, apparently Disney disagrees with you. They are currently putting up gator warning signs, and the fence is already up. All along the beach. This should have been done a long time ago.

I hope you people blaming the parents can sleep well at night, with all of that extra knowledge you have about this specific topic. There are more than you on this planet, and they haven't travelled to Disney World their entire lives.
Not disagrees, reacts to the publicity, big difference. In general Disney is more reactive than proactive.

I also can't wait to see this fence. That should keep the people out but just so you know gators can climb fences up to about 4-5 feet.
First, the fence is to keep people out, who aren't aware there are Alligators in the $700 a night resort beach.

Second, I didn't say that I didn't know there weren't alligators in Florida. I said I didn't know they were in the lakes at Disney. Disney property isn't the wild. It's Disney Property. You quoted me, and yet you still didn't read what I said. You don't think a multi-billion dollar company couldn't afford to put up a $20 "Warning: Gators" sign?

Is this message board really just full of people who blame the parents? I can't possibly be the only one on here who thinks it's ok to think that the parents of these kids quite possibly didn't know there were gators in the lake in Walt Disney World. Being one of these people who also didn't know, I find it very sad there are so many who are saying these people all but deserved this to happen to them.

I just dropped $30,000 on a DVC resort on this very beach, and after reading pages and pages of documents, there is not one single mention of Alligators on property. Yes people. There are some of us who actually thought Disney had this type of thing taken care of. You can call me names, whatever, but I simply didn't know. It wasn't even a thought when I sat across from the table from the lady at Disney who signed the contract.

People contribute to the problem by feeding the alligators. From now on, when I see that happening, I will politely ask them to stop and tell them why it's a bad idea.
Carol, have you seen gators at Disney? I cannot believe I haven't! It was a life-altering week in Orlando/Disney this past week- we are sorrowful for the loss of life and manner in which it occurred in both Pulse and VGF beach.

Carol, have you seen gators at Disney? I cannot believe I haven't! It was a life-altering week in Orlando/Disney this past week- we are sorrowful for the loss of life and manner in which it occurred in both Pulse and VGF beach.
There is often one near Tom Sawyer's Islamd.

There is often one near Tom Sawyer's Islamd.
Yes, we've watched that one on our last couple of trips. The little guy can't be more than a couple of feet long. He likes to sit in the water near that walkway from Frontierland to Liberty Square.

How big do they get before they start laying eggs? I hard someone say they can lay up to 30 a year?

Is this message board really just full of people who blame the parents? I can't possibly be the only one on here who thinks it's ok to think that the parents of these kids quite possibly didn't know there were gators in the lake in Walt Disney World. Being one of these people who also didn't know, I find it very sad there are so many who are saying these people all but deserved this to happen to them.

I just dropped $30,000 on a DVC resort on this very beach, and after reading pages and pages of documents, there is not one single mention of Alligators on property. Yes people. There are some of us who actually thought Disney had this type of thing taken care of. You can call me names, whatever, but I simply didn't know. It wasn't even a thought when I sat across from the table from the lady at Disney who signed the contract.
That you didn't know doesn't mean anything one way or another the small but real risk was there either way. They didn't warn you there might be risk flying there either, nor snakes or spiders, or car/bus accidents, etc. or even a vehicle accident caused by a gator crossing the road all of which would be more reasonable to argue they should warn you about than this until now if you want to go this route. Had this happened periodically in the past, maybe there's a slightly different take but this is certainly not something that should be in the paperwork or the sales pitch even now. This is a tragedy but that doesn't make it Disney's fault, it's clearly not and there's NO reasonable way to argue that it is.

You can keep spouting out the same thing over and over, but the very people you are defending have done the right thing. You can argue all you want now, but what I wanted to see happen, has happened.

I heard a news report today that the fences are only temporary until a permanent solution can be reached.

We can only hope... I hate the fences.

MG

For some reason I don't think so. I have no real evidence to back that up, I just think they're working on a more clever solution.

MG
It's a nice idea, but proven alligator-defensive solutions are pretty ugly. They'd need to invent something and test it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter