DVC Wonder, West Coast Cruise May 15 through May 20, 2019,

We will board the Island Princess and head to Denali and eventually Anchorage, too!
Are you taking the train to Denali? I wonder about the gifts we get on the MC and the fact that we can only take a small bag on the train. We probably are going to bring an empty suitcase on board the Wonder.
Yes, bus to Anchorage then train to Denali, Bobbiwoz.

We are spending two nights in Vancouver, planning to do the hop on hop off bus the afternoon we arrive. Anyone else staying in Vancouver for a bit?
We will be spending one night at the Marriott downtown as we fly out Tuesday evening. Was hoping to bike around Stanley Park, but I fractured my ankle a few weeks ago, so no bikes for me yet. We haven’t done the hop on bus - sounds like fun!

Sharing in case anyone is looking for a time filler while in port in San Francisco. This is a great, fun museum, it is free to look ( always nice) and takes coins/ loose change to activate the machines. It is the Musee Mechanique, a collection of coin operated mechanical musical instruments and arcade machines in original working condition. Whether you play or just watch, it is unique experience. It is at Pier 45 on Fishermans Wharf so not far at all from where we will be docking in port. Kids, and adults, have lots of machines to choose from.

http://www.museemecaniquesf.com/
Didn’t know that was still open - will definitely get my friend and her kids there! I have fond memories of that place from trips there when I was a kid.

We will be spending one night at the Marriott downtown as we fly out Tuesday evening. Was hoping to bike around Stanley Park, but I fractured my ankle a few weeks ago, so no bikes for me yet. We haven’t done the hop on bus - sounds like fun!

I hope your ankle is getting stronger every day!

One of the stops of hop on hop off is at Canada place where there is a theater that has a version of flying over Canada. IMO it is not as spectacular as Soarin, but I think it is worth seeing. The bus route goes through Stanley Park, if you haven’t been there, I think it’s worth seeing.

Not on a route, at least I don’t think so, is Queen Elizabeth Park, and Seasons Restaurant which is very special, and Bloedel Conservatory. We were there last September and we will stop by again and we have reservations at Seasons for Tuesday night, it was just that good!

http://www.greatervancouverparks.com/BloedelCons.html

Trying to get organized and packing for the cruise. Want to do just one carry-on each. So, just how much "DVC stuff" should I plan on to take home and should I bring a tote bag (as my second carry on home) or do you think it may be part of the DVC stuff?

Trying to get organized and packing for the cruise. Want to do just one carry-on each. So, just how much "DVC stuff" should I plan on to take home and should I bring a tote bag (as my second carry on home) or do you think it may be part of the DVC stuff?
The DVC “stuff” tends to take up some space...there have been blankets, matted pictures, usually a DVC branded board game so not always a small box there, coasters, a travel mug, along with pins & smaller items. If your carry on is full, the DVC stuff won’t fit & a tote bag may not be enough. On a couple of MCs we got rather large tote bags (16x16x6) that exceeded the personal item carryon size (if you are trying to avoid checked luggage). I’ve also seen some MC back packs. And sometimes they have things on board for sale related to the guests you can purchase for signing, like one time a Star Wars movies book.

Some items are one per person, others are one per cabin, so you might need to plan for twice the fun, or more, depending on the size of your travel party.

You can always buy a Disney suitcase on board :earsboy:

Oh my, a lot. more stuff than I had considered. Figured some art work and hats. Guess I'll be wearing my jacket, several tops and all my underwear and socks on the flight home. Do you think we'll get another sling and luggage tags from CC? More stuff. Just DH and I, luckily?

Not sure when folks will start heading to SoCalif as we sail in five days - safe travels, everyone! Getting ready for a fun cruise!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter