DVC with a black light ?!!

ToddyLu

Welcome aboard explorers- I love Mr. Ray
Why yes, I married into that family. The husband you adore that has a family always thinking about germs and hand washing. So we booked our trip last year for 10/30/20-11/5/20 and stayed in a dedicated two bedroom at Kidani. I just wanted to report that my DMIL was petrified about going due to COVID. In the end, she put big girl panties on and decided to go on our trip afterall...I mean, "it is Disney" she said. She would not fly so we drove from the MS Gulf Coast. She told my husband she was going to bring a black light and check the room for "stuff". He told her that was not a good idea. So she did not bring her light...

BUT HE DID BRING HIS ( and yes, I was horrified and waited for the inevetable) as they walked room to room, having turned out all the lights and closed the curtains...I am happy to report that as a full time nurse I was quite pleased with the cleanliness of our room. It was actually SPOTLESS...except for the walls. But no one should be touching walls anyway!! I do not want to know why there was stuff on the walls. SO DISNEY THE WALLS NEED TO BE WIPED DOWN!!!

There was not a speck of any organc material on the comforters, towels, furniture, tile, sink, appliances....nada. Now obviously we cannot see germs. But I have to tell you we were very impressed with the state of our room....and had a wonderful trip. My MIL was extremely pleased and she has higher standards than I...I love her dearly and was so glad she could relax with us this trip. So kudos to Housekeeping, the room was very very clean. After 3.7 min we turned the light off and thought no more of the walls.

We were there in Oct at BCV and came home without Covid. We were there a little over a week ago at KV and are now eight days without Covid. We're going in another nine days to OKW.

Why yes, I married into that family. The husband you adore that has a family always thinking about germs and hand washing. So we booked our trip last year for 10/30/20-11/5/20 and stayed in a dedicated two bedroom at Kidani. I just wanted to report that my DMIL was petrified about going due to COVID. In the end, she put big girl panties on and decided to go on our trip afterall...I mean, "it is Disney" she said. She would not fly so we drove from the MS Gulf Coast. She told my husband she was going to bring a black light and check the room for "stuff". He told her that was not a good idea. So she did not bring her light...

BUT HE DID BRING HIS ( and yes, I was horrified and waited for the inevetable) as they walked room to room, having turned out all the lights and closed the curtains...I am happy to report that as a full time nurse I was quite pleased with the cleanliness of our room. It was actually SPOTLESS...except for the walls. But no one should be touching walls anyway!! I do not want to know why there was stuff on the walls. SO DISNEY THE WALLS NEED TO BE WIPED DOWN!!!

There was not a speck of any organc material on the comforters, towels, furniture, tile, sink, appliances....nada. Now obviously we cannot see germs. But I have to tell you we were very impressed with the state of our room....and had a wonderful trip. My MIL was extremely pleased and she has higher standards than I...I love her dearly and was so glad she could relax with us this trip. So kudos to Housekeeping, the room was very very clean. After 3.7 min we turned the light off and thought no more of the walls.
Wow I started reading your post cringing for the worst! We have stayed at several resorts and always been impressed with the cleaning. We stayed 4 nights at the Yacht Club at the end of October and came home heathy after 2 days in the parks. We had our doubts about making the trip but had no regrets at the end of our stay!

I guess I cannot unread this post now :)
I won't be able to enter an hotel room without thinking at what on earth people do on the walls.

meh...i used to use the matress toppers as a wadded up plilow back in the day. exposure to germs builds up immunity.

It's like some folks look for reasons to ruin their vacations.:rotfl2:

My top hypothesis is young kids. If a kid drank milk or ate food, then licked or rubbed hands all over the walls, that's how proteins get on there. Now if the parents saw what their kids did, then frantically wiped down the walls, there is no way housekeeping would knew they had to clean the walls again. All the linen would get hot water washed. Bathroom cleaned. Counters wiped. Walls though nope.

Another hypothesis and an unsavory one at that, is that plenty of people act naughty while traveling. Once, my wife and I went to a professional conference hosted by a resort hotel (not WDW). During the first night, we were quite bothered by the noisy and naughty ruckus next door. The next morning, as we were exiting our room to attend the first of many seminars, we saw a man exit the adjacent room (with his conference neck lanyard badge etc). For the rest of the conference, whenever we saw that man again, that was all my wife and I could think about. *lol* *cringe* I don't see why everyone, being animals and all, would be on their best behavior just because they were at WDW.

So relieved for the happy outcome ... I certainly wasn’t expecting it from the outset of the post! :)

A couple years ago I purchased a black light after finding a scorpion just inside my door at home. Eeeek! I’m not sure which was worse: the original scorpion or the terror of walking through this old ranch house with a black light. (FWIW, I’m still alive ... so it is all OK.)

So relieved for the happy outcome ... I certainly wasn’t expecting it from the outset of the post! :)

A couple years ago I purchased a black light after finding a scorpion just inside my door at home. Eeeek! I’m not sure which was worse: the original scorpion or the terror of walking through this old ranch house with a black light. (FWIW, I’m still alive ... so it is all OK.)

Big scorpion or small one?, It's the small ones which will get you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter