DVC Title and Escrow Can't Process CA Resale

Yikes, that’s ridiculous. We passed ROFR on 1/26 and was told to expect closing docs in 3-5 days. I checked in the following week and was told that they were still waiting for the docs from the “closing agent.” So the whole time they knew this was going to be an issue and it wasn’t until I saw this thread that we got the full picture of what was happening.

The delay is definitely a Fidelity issue. We were told by the broker that underwriting for the title insurance was what was holding it up. That said, the lack of transparency on their end has been unacceptable, and the way they have ghosted us makes us think they have something to hide here.
Update on our situation: Our broker is amending our contract to have First American take over closing for us.

Things were clearly going nowhere with Cammy and DVC Title & Escrow since they couldn't be bothered to answer or return a call from us this past week.

Update on our situation: Our broker is amending our contract to have First American take over closing for us.

Things were clearly going nowhere with Cammy and DVC Title & Escrow since they couldn't be bothered to answer or return a call from us this past week.
Same thing happened to me today with one of my Aulani contracts and DVC title.

We had to sign an addendum to switch title companies.

Newbie question, but does this apply only to CA properties (VGC, VDH) or CA residents as well? I'm a CA resident, purchasing a FL property (BLT) and our broker just let me know we are using DVC Title and Escrow/Cammy for our closing.

Newbie question, but does this apply only to CA properties (VGC, VDH) or CA residents as well? I'm a CA resident, purchasing a FL property (BLT) and our broker just let me know we are using DVC Title and Escrow/Cammy for our closing.
I believe it is just for CA properties, they are licensed to close FL properties.

My understanding is that DVC Title is fine for FL properties but any other DVCs like CA, SC, HI are out.

Our deposit was sent over to Mason Title.

So is Mason who people would recommend for the CA properties then? That's who we used last year, but Cammy was still there at the time so that's who we had.

So is Mason who people would recommend for the CA properties then? That's who we used last year, but Cammy was still there at the time so that's who we had.
Rebecca at First American Title took over our contract after Cammy wasted a month of our time. They are probably a little slower than the others here, but hey at least they were honest about the process and didn't just ghost us.

Rebecca at First American Title took over our contract after Cammy wasted a month of our time. They are probably a little slower than the others here, but hey at least they were honest about the process and didn't just ghost us.
I'm curious to see what your closing turnaround time is with First American. That is our title company and I am hoping for things to move quickly as I have points I want to use!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter