• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC Spiel

It really depends on the guide. I've taken the tour three times and it was different each time. At OKW and BWV the focus was solely on those resorts. When I took the SSR tour (which was held at BWV then) the focus was on booking the other resorts at 7 months. Now I have imformation that this tactic has become common place lately. Now in an effort to be completely fair here, I cannot say that DVC has directed them to do this. My guess is that the guides have been telling each other how efective this tactic is. Really take the tour and see for yourslef. Many have stated that now they are focusing more on SSR.

DAVE

We took the tour more than 10 years ago, so I'm sure it has changed, but it was VERY low key compared to other TS sales.

Oh what the heck I'll give it a stab.

"Welcome Sir and what brings you here today."

You- " well we love WDW and the vacation club idea seems appealing."

" Well it is and here is why, you can stay at any of these great properties, BCV,BWV, OKW,VWL, VB, HH. You can even book the cruise line with points. We also have the concierge collection you can book directly with your points as well as the exchange options."

You- "ERRRRR, :confused3 I thought you guys were selling SSR?"

" Oh,...... yeah, we are. Lets go see it."

You- "Great"

" here is our feature pool with 2 slides and an interactice play area."

You- " it doesn't seem interactive to me, it is doing nothing?"

" Don't worry we are just working some kinks out here. Here is our pool bar."

You- " Can I get food there" Geeze doesn't seem like there are too many seats there"

" uhhhhhhh, BCV is great and Earl is great as well."

You - "OK?"

"Lets go see the boat transfer to DTD" How do you get there exactly"

You- " How should I know?"

" It is here somehwere...... oh well, we have it, believe you me. While we are at it, here is AP, our on site food option. It has carry out items as well as store goods."

You- " those 5 items are all you have for lunch?"

" Yeah but we add 2 things to that or dinner"

You - "GREEEEEEEEAT! "

" Here is the rooms, they have a nice view of DTD which is in fact walking distance away. It will be no problem for you to haul your family of 4 over there every night to get something decent to eat."

You- " what about room service, can I see the menu ? What if I don't get this building? Are requests gauranteed?"

"ERRRRRR boy that Earl is good and how about Rainforest."

You-" OK, I see"

" So lets talk numbers here, " soon the price will be going up to over $100 per point ". Our current price is $93 /pp. How 's that for a lifetime of memories at BCV?"

You- " You mean SSR right?"

" no I mean BCV because that is where the majority of your stays will be spent"

You- "What if I am way in the back of this place? Seems like a long walk to the main pool?"

" Hop on the bus if you want, drive over, hell if you buy points here I'll come pick you up."

You -" what is the closest theme park and can I walk there?"

" cough, cough, cough, gag, choke.... Where were we? Oh yeah, how 'bout them Yankees?"

You- " thanks for the "SSR" tour".

"anytime and remember SSR is a great place"

DAVE

Sheez...

Anyway OP,
We just did our tour (again) the beginning of this month. Our guide pretty much went thru the big blue book with us, it was very low-key but we had done a presentation in 97', so he skipped over parts of it. We got a grand tour of SSR and ended up buying within a couple days. He went over where we could use our points and played up all options to us (travel non-disney, DL Paris, Disney Cruise line,etc).

uhhhhhhh, BCV is great and Earl is great as well.
HAHA

EYE shot Mt. Dew outa my nose..........

Obvioulsy Dave was having some fun, but let's be honest the core of his "joke" was 100% right on target.

:lmao:

Okay, my screen is blurry from all the tears streaming down my face, and...wait, why is my seat wet?

:wave:

Beca

Daitcher. That was excellent. And it seemed mostly on the mark. My guide played up the fact that we could stay anywhere in the Kingdom except for the AS's and PC. Although it is a ridiculous amount of points to stay at the Poly and CR.

AND I DIDN'T GET OFFERED ANY ICE CREAM!!!! WHERE IS MY ICE CREAM?????

:teeth: Hehe ok Dave i've gotta admit that made me laugh.

I guess it varies from guide to guide, we also went to BWV when the SSR sales centre was there, but they hardly mentioned the other resorts at all.

We did get Candy Floss though! :cool1:

we also went to BWV when the SSR sales centre was there, but they hardly mentioned the other resorts at all.

ummmmmmmmmmmmmm you were on the board walk, over looking BCV, they didn't need to mention it.

boatboatboat said:
we also went to BWV when the SSR sales centre was there, but they hardly mentioned the other resorts at all.

ummmmmmmmmmmmmm you were on the board walk, over looking BCV, they didn't need to mention it.
True, true, but we wanted to stay at SSR anyway, honestly. Maybe someday we will try one of the others...maybe then i'll change my opinion...but from looking around them I'd really rather be at SSR.

Sarnia said:
True, true, but we wanted to stay at SSR anyway, honestly. Maybe someday we will try one of the others...maybe then i'll change my opinion...but from looking around them I'd really rather be at SSR.

That's the only way to find out if you like them. People have different opinions, you may not like what I like and vice versa. I like SSR, but I'm trying the others too

LOL By the time that I did the tour last August I knew about as much as my guide about DVC (thanks to these boards)! We cut to the chase and I was able to ask many more detailed questions. Nobody had to sell me on it by then since I felt I was an informed consumer, so to speak. ANd I got ice cream!! :yay:

That's great. I wish I was more informed when i bought. After I started the ball rolling with the purchase I went back to work. Found out that two of the older guys that I worked with were original DVC(OKW) owners. Without hesitation they told me it was a great deal and that I should buy. So I took their word for it and haven't been second guessing myself

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter