• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dvc special 199 tix alert

Here's my TWO cents...;)
If there were problems:scared1: with this TICKET and MAGIC BANDS, it would have been posted by now!

GOOD LUCK! WE WILL SEE!:)

I purchased one of these for my brother last Sunday at Epcot. He was not with me at the time. I gave him the ticket later that night at the hotel, and he linked it to his magic band that night. He entered Magic Kingdom without me on Monday with no issues.

I purchased one of these for my brother last Sunday at Epcot. He was not with me at the time. I gave him the ticket later that night at the hotel, and he linked it to his magic band that night. He entered Magic Kingdom without me on Monday with no issues.
that's not really helpful if you bought it in person and showed ID. The ticket would be activated at that point. The real question is, can you buy the tickets online or over the phone and never verify membership onsite?

that's not really helpful if you bought it in person and showed ID. The ticket would be activated at that point. The real question is, can you buy the tickets online or over the phone and never verify membership onsite?

I purchased 4 tickets in October for friends going November. They were not staying onsite, did not have MBs and I was staying up here in Canada,(not epcot;))
At the time could only order by phone, and after calling twice, wanted the same info, purchased and confirmed that this was ok. Even told them I wouldnt be there and this was a gift for a friend. No issues.
They set up a MDE and purchase bands at DD when they arrived, linked everything up. They had set up FP+ ( only 30 days out, offsite) and had no problems at all.

I am purchasing the last 4 tickets for my own trip in March, so seeing this thread had me wondering if they change the rules up?:confused3

But to be clear, no issues with linking, and not being there as a member for our friends to use these in November:thumbsup2.

I purchased 4 tickets in October for friends going November. They were not staying onsite, did not have MBs and I was staying up here in Canada,(not epcot;)) At the time could only order by phone, and after calling twice, wanted the same info, purchased and confirmed that this was ok. Even told them I wouldnt be there and this was a gift for a friend. No issues. They set up a MDE and purchase bands at DD when they arrived, linked everything up. They had set up FP+ ( only 30 days out, offsite) and had no problems at all. I am purchasing the last 4 tickets for my own trip in March, so seeing this thread had me wondering if they change the rules up?:confused3 But to be clear, no issues with linking, and not being there as a member for our friends to use these in November:thumbsup2.

Thank you!!! I may have a talk with my firmed!!!!

We were traveling with our OFFSITE RELATIVES who I purchased the 4 day ticket for. They purchased magic bands before the vaca, linked the magic bands with the number on the bands to their Disney Experience Account, made Fastpass 30 days in advance and they were in the parks the morning of our arrival without us(we were at the Orlando Airport waiting for DME, but not quite yet to the parks)!

GREAT NEWS! :thumbsup2:dance3::dance3:
All 4 relatives Magic Bands WORKED LIKE A CHARM!:woohoo::yay:
Did not have to meet us, the members at Guest Services!
Ours WORKED LIKE A CHARM too!
SO HAPPY!:thumbsup2
FABULOUS COUPLES ONLY VACA!:yay: SAD TO BE BACK, :sad1: but already PLANNING THE NEXT ONE!;);) FEEL BLESSED that we had the opportunity to see all the BEAUTIFUL HOLIDAY DECORATIONS AND SHOWS!:thumbsup2

Glad to hear the tix worked but certainly not thrilled to be told they wouldn't for my family

Just don't understand why there are so many discrepancies on policy stated to members on this going back to inception of this offer

Ah well...it's a moot point for me now...just hoping they will be more clear on any future perks

At WDW now. Myself, DH (DVC members), DD, and my parents (non-members). We've used these tickets 2 days so far and haven't had to show any ID when entering. Didn't have to go to guest services or anywhere to activate them. Just tap the magic bands and go!

We used them for family earlier this month; purchased online several weeks beforehand; linked to magic bands, no problems. We were with them but nobody had to show ID.

Was there last week. My sister and her family, six total. All used the 199 tickets, already linked to their magic band, fastpasses made, worked flawlessly. Entered the park the very first time and each time after that without issue.

Have friends there now that I got tickets for. The "hard" tickets were mailed to me, they have them in hand. They have used them for 2 days at the turnstiles, no issues at all.

Were you able to make fastpasses for all 4 days on the 1st day they were eligible?

We had no issues with members of our party using these tickets without having DH or I (the DVC members) present. If you are going to pick up hard copies of the tickets at Guest Relations the member will need to be there and show his/her member ID. With the tickets in hand, or if they are attached to a MB, the member does not have to be at the park entrance for the guest to use them.

Were you able to make fastpasses for all 4 days on the 1st day they were eligible?

Easy...No problem at all at 60 day making all 4 day FP reservation!:)
Special 4 day ticket worked nicely for us...We were there only 4 nights anyway! Our last day we just relaxed, hung by the pool and enjoyed VGF.:):thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter