*DVC Sold Out* DVC and/or AP will be given sneak peak of Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind

Just got notification that Epcot is starting to open at 8:00am with early entry. My trip starts on the 27th of April and runs through the first of May. 8:00am seems really early for EPCOT…
I wish it meant something, but they also extended MK hours too from closing at 9PM to 11PM. Probably just anticipating bigger crowds.

We are only going to be there at end of April and in Florida itself first week of May. So even though we got the invite, we probably can't go .

We are considering a quick trip down for this depending on the date - for those who have done it in the past, is this something I need to be consistently checking my email for (i.e. will it "sell out" shortly after the email with the date goes out?)? I got the original email but nothing since.

Just got notification that Epcot is starting to open at 8:00am with early entry. My trip starts on the 27th of April and runs through the first of May. 8:00am seems really early for EPCOT…
I would love to wake up in a heartbeat at 7:45am to run over to Epcot (by way of bcv ir bwv, of course) for a sneak preview….

Also curious about the selection process: no email even though we're longtime APs, local, and we even (already) had resort reservations for 5/14-5/18. Never got one for ratatouille either. Does anyone know how they determine this??? 😥😥😥

Also curious about the selection process: no email even though we're longtime APs, local, and we even (already) had resort reservations for 5/14-5/18. Never got one for ratatouille either. Does anyone know how they determine this??? 😥😥😥
It’s not a selection process but rather whether Disney’s database has you listed as someone who wants to receive promotional emails. Make sure your AP is linked to your MDE account. Also, in MDE under My Profile, Account Settings, Email Preferences, click on the link to Manage Your Email Subscriptions on Disney’s Privacy Choices website and make sure you’ve checked the relevant Disney Parks & Resorts businesses. The email came to me from Disney Destinations, which is DL Resort and WDW Resort in that list.

It’s not a selection process but rather whether Disney’s database has you listed as someone who wants to receive promotional emails. Make sure your AP is linked to your MDE account. Also, in MDE under My Profile, Account Settings, Email Preferences, click on the link to Manage Your Email Subscriptions on Disney’s Privacy Choices website and make sure you’ve checked the relevant Disney Parks & Resorts businesses. The email came to me from Disney Destinations, which is DL Resort and WDW Resort in that list.
Thanks for the quick response - I double checked, and i already have all that set up. And I've received emails from disney destinations before. So not sure what the problem is. 🤔

Thanks for the quick response - I double checked, and i already have all that set up. And I've received emails from disney destinations before. So not sure what the problem is. 🤔
Maybe this is helpful. I spoke with a great cast member at Member Services…she really seemed to know her stuff and she said that they did not even look at who has a reservation but rather just did a random sample of DVC and AP holders. She said they have been getting a lot of calls of people nervous they won’t be able to register without an email, but according to her (and I know we sometimes get wrong info but she seemed so confident and knowledgeable) there will be a link on the webpage to register whether you receive an email or not. Might be the wrong info but she made me feel better :)

DS has a cast member preview on April 21 if that helps anyone with the timeline.

ETA: Looks like cast preview is April 17- May 2
Dang. My trip ends on 5/1. I was reallllyyyyy hoping that we’d get in on that date as our flight isn’t until 5pm…

Maybe this is helpful. I spoke with a great cast member at Member Services…she really seemed to know her stuff and she said that they did not even look at who has a reservation but rather just did a random sample of DVC and AP holders. She said they have been getting a lot of calls of people nervous they won’t be able to register without an email, but according to her (and I know we sometimes get wrong info but she seemed so confident and knowledgeable) there will be a link on the webpage to register whether you receive an email or not. Might be the wrong info but she made me feel better :)
It does make sense it was a random sample- my settings definitely say to send me those emails, I'm getting Disney promotional emails constantly and nothing on this one.

It does make sense it was a random sample- my settings definitely say to send me those emails, I'm getting Disney promotional emails constantly and nothing on this one.
Oh well, sorry I couldn’t help. Maybe someone else who didn’t get the email will read my post and check those settings. @daraweb is right, the registration link is routinely posted on the member website in addition to being sent via email.

Oh well, sorry I couldn’t help. Maybe someone else who didn’t get the email will read my post and check those settings. @daraweb is right, the registration link is routinely posted on the member website in addition to being sent via email.
I'm not complaining about helping people. I'm sorry if it seems that way. I'm a bit flustered that I didn't get the email and checking my settings confirmed they were already set correctly, but that's on Disney, certainly not on random helpful people on the internet.

Yup - that would explain it - interesting though that our friends got it both times. And we got neither one. We did get in on ratatouille through a blog link. I'll keep my eyes open!

If there was a link for AP holders, where would it be located?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter