• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC saved my life!

MrShiny

DIS Veteran
Well, not quite, but I was glad I had them. We started out as a short trip to SSR for the Pirate & Princess Party. Kids had a couple of half days of school, so it seemed a good time to escape the winter in Chicago. We were supposed to return Saturday night, but upon arriving at the airport (of course after checking the big board in the terminal and getting through security and to the very last gate) we found all flights to Chicago were cancelled!

We got an odd replacement flight connecting through St. Louis (I'll detail it in my blog later this week), and I got on the phone to MS. They used some of my points left in my account to get me a studio BoardWalk view (4th floor 4007 in the "Crest of the Wave" right next to JellyRolls). Called Southwest that night (it seemed much better dealing with the phone folks than the airport folks - there are apparently 2 different systems, and the phone/online one seems much better). Got a direct flight for Monday afternoon.

MS was of course closed on Sunday, so I called the desk and they got me a room for Sunday night (they said I'd have to move - no biggie).

Sunday morning, went to the desk to check out/in, and the CM there said out room was unbooked until April, so we could stay put!

We did get home on schedule yesterday, so our long weekend which doubled in length was made better by DVC!

I'll blog the whole thing (and the end of our Christmas trip too!)

The weather was great, the pool at SSR was warm, SSR Artists' Point and DTD were packed at night, the buses seemed much better, P&PP was a blast (although PotC stopped when we were in line and out DD 8 tuckered out about then too).

I'm glad things worked out for you. Did you enjoy the party?

Bobbi:goodvibes

MrShiny, isn't it great when you get 'stuck' at WDW due to weather? I have had that happen a couple of times now, and MS has always been wonderful.

Unfortunately for this storm I was stuck in Chicago trying to get back to NH. I just hate hitting the same storm twice :sad2:

I got "stuck" at OKW for almost a month due to weather (boy, that's an understatement) and my husband, once a DVC naysayer, said buying DVC was the best thing we ever did! The folks at DVC are really great about working with people in emergencies.

Well, not quite, but I was glad I had them. We started out as a short trip to SSR for the Pirate & Princess Party. Kids had a couple of half days of school, so it seemed a good time to escape the winter in Chicago. We were supposed to return Saturday night, but upon arriving at the airport (of course after checking the big board in the terminal and getting through security and to the very last gate) we found all flights to Chicago were cancelled!

We got an odd replacement flight connecting through St. Louis (I'll detail it in my blog later this week), and I got on the phone to MS. They used some of my points left in my account to get me a studio BoardWalk view (4th floor 4007 in the "Crest of the Wave" right next to JellyRolls). Called Southwest that night (it seemed much better dealing with the phone folks than the airport folks - there are apparently 2 different systems, and the phone/online one seems much better). Got a direct flight for Monday afternoon.

MS was of course closed on Sunday, so I called the desk and they got me a room for Sunday night (they said I'd have to move - no biggie).

Sunday morning, went to the desk to check out/in, and the CM there said out room was unbooked until April, so we could stay put!
We did get home on schedule yesterday, so our long weekend which doubled in length was made better by DVC!

I'll blog the whole thing (and the end of our Christmas trip too!)

The weather was great, the pool at SSR was warm, SSR Artists' Point and DTD were packed at night, the buses seemed much better, P&PP was a blast (although PotC stopped when we were in line and out DD 8 tuckered out about then too).

1) I am happy things went great for you...but
Could DVC (or another expert here) tell me why am I on a waitlist for a BWV-studio if this one is open until April?:rolleyes1

Yes, we loved the party! DW and DD 8 went back early, but we enjoyed the fireworks, the haunted riverboat, the parade and the booty bags!

Hhmm, don't know why you can't get a BWV studio - are you looking for a specific view? This was BW view (room 4007, right next to JellyRolls).

Yes, we loved the party! DW and DD 8 went back early, but we enjoyed the fireworks, the haunted riverboat, the parade and the booty bags!

Hhmm, don't know why you can't get a BWV studio - are you looking for a specific view? This was BW view (room 4007, right next to JellyRolls).

I have been Waitlisted for 3 months for a Broadwalk view stuido...so you have given me hope...I was kinda kidding...I am sure they hold rooms in reserve for emergency, last minute guests etc...so keep you finders crossed that it is still empty when I call again day by day at the 7 day mark....;)

Now THAT is the type of problem to have...getting stranded at DVC (ANY DVC....) :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter