DVC Response About Ebay Commercial Sellers

greenban said:
Muushka:

How I wish there was a way to notorize them!

It actually gets even worse. I can go back at anytime and re-edit my 'distortion' of your quote, and change it again. And then claim I found this 'long buried' quote of yours, and look how you have changed your tune.

We're are on the internet, a rapidly changing, fliud environment, with nothing of permanace.

Regards,

-Tony

And surely everyone knows that. That is why I can not believe how upset some people get over things posted to Net forums. It's a fun medium, you can learn things, but nothing is iron clad 100% factual and everyone should remember that.

Sammie said:
And surely everyone knows that. That is why I can not believe how upset some people get over things posted to Net forums. It's a fun medium, you can learn things, but nothing is iron clad 100% factual and everyone should remember that.

Right on brother!

-Tony

keys2kingdom said:
Can someone confirm whether or not this site is still operational www.dvcrequest.com? Mush's patsy may have bitten the dust.

ETA: Live for me now too, must have caught it during an update.

That sure is "blantant" advertisement of commercial renting. I wonder if they got permission to use some of those copyrighted images from Disney. Additionally, they are renting for 17.00 a point - that seems "high"... :confused3

cslittle999 said:
The site is live for me.
The site is live for me also, and it's making me pretty angry.
You just know some idiots are renting the place,trashing it, stuffing extra idiots into the room, and leaving their crap outside the door for the maid to pick up.
The renters didn't shell out over 10 grand like I did, or paying the monthly dues.
If I get to any condo meetings, I would have no problem bringing up the subject . I am not going to be there during the scheduled meetings, but hope someone who is, has the guts to bring up the subject.

Hi all,

What a thread! I left after I posted that link after getting rocks thrown at me by mushpurple who apparently turned out to be one of the commercial renters. I just do not like the name-calling, etc. and thought the response was a bit harsh especially when anyone can do what I did: pick up the phone and call them and email them. I suspect they will give you a similar response to what they gave me. I still reiterate that they have told me that they are going to cancel reservations for those that are COMMERCIAL renting (emphasis on commercial).

Thank you to everyone who sent me those nice pms! I appreciate it.

By the way, I would think that Mush would probably need a bottle of wine or lots of beer to slurp down after what was discovered by some very great sleuths on this thread! :teeth:

Hey, Jay, you came back. This was a great thread. We need more like this to liven up the old place.

Hey Jay!

:welcome: back!!!

I am happy you got my PM.

Thanks for the great thread.

You really had a lot of us playing detectives on this board. :magnify:

Jay Foster said:
Hi all,

What a thread! I left after I posted that link after getting rocks thrown at me by mushpurple who apparently turned out to be one of the commercial renters. I just do not like the name-calling, etc. and thought the response was a bit harsh especially when anyone can do what I did: pick up the phone and call them and email them. I suspect they will give you a similar response to what they gave me. I still reiterate that they have told me that they are going to cancel reservations for those that are COMMERCIAL renting (emphasis on commercial).

Thank you to everyone who sent me those nice pms! I appreciate it.

By the way, I would think that Mush would probably need a bottle of wine or lots of beer to slurp down after what was discovered by some very great sleuths on this thread! :teeth:

Welcome Back Jay.

It is one thing when someone is a commercial renter (which I disapprove of), but when someone denies it and lies about it, it is only that much worse.

WOW! I am a nonmember. I just paid for a resale contract that has not yet closed. Points expire in June. I have a trip planned in Dec and Feb and probably won't get to use my points because we have not closed and when we do, we'll have to get in the system.
So I have been considering renting my points via EBAY, otherwise they will not be used and if I can't use them, why not try to get a little back for my $10,000 since I will be paying out of pocket for my 2 upcoming trips?

You all are assuming that anyone who tries to rent on Ebay is a commercial renter.
If DVC is closing all ebay auctions - this is hardly fair for someone like me. I guess some people don't have anything better to do and feel they have to police the world.

I wonder if legally DVC can say you can rent the points and then pick and choose who can rent and who can not. If anyone feels the need to respond to this last comment, please only do so if you are an attorney who specializes in contract law. Thanks!

Miz Diz said:
WOW! I am a nonmember. I just paid for a resale contract that has not yet closed. Points expire in June. I have a trip planned in Dec and Feb and probably won't get to use my points because we have not closed and when we do, we'll have to get in the system.
So I have been considering renting my points via EBAY, otherwise they will not be used and if I can't use them, why not try to get a little back for my $10,000 since I will be paying out of pocket for my 2 upcoming trips?

You all are assuming that anyone who tries to rent on Ebay is a commercial renter.
If DVC is closing all ebay auctions - this is hardly fair for someone like me. I guess some people don't have anything better to do and feel they have to police the world.

I wonder if legally DVC can say you can rent the points and then pick and choose who can rent and who can not. If anyone feels the need to respond to this last comment, please only do so if you are an attorney who specializes in contract law. Thanks!

Sorry,
I do not want you stressing over this.
I think you misunderstood what this thread is really about.
This thread was about commercial renters.
Not about the occasional renter.

Have fun at Disney! :wizard:

I have read this in one night. Just Subscribing to see how it all ends up. Jay, I am glad that you are back.

Welcome back Jay. We missed you :sunny: .

I think you have achieved:

:stir: Master:stir: status!

Yours was probably THE most exciting thread we have had here in a very long time!

minnie61650 said:
Sorry,
I do not want you stressing over this.
I think you misunderstood what this thread is really about.
This thread was about commercial renters.
Not about the occasional renter.
Actually, I think it's more about the people who reserve a desirable time with no plans on using it themselves then go and rent that reservation.

I, for one, couldn't care less if someone wants to rent or eBay DVC points, no matter how many. But tying up desirable times solely for profit, at the expense of DVC members who want those times, is what bothers me.

Groucho said:
Actually, I think it's more about the people who reserve a desirable time with no plans on using it themselves then go and rent that reservation.

I, for one, couldn't care less if someone wants to rent or eBay DVC points, no matter how many. But tying up desirable times solely for profit, at the expense of DVC members who want those times, is what bothers me.

I agree 100% with this.

1) I am sorry.
2) I just don't see the point.
3) A sold-out resort is a sold-out resort.
4) The room dates will be used by SOMEONE.
5) Who cares who owns the points and who occupies the room?
6) All of you have the same chance at reserving at the 11-mth window.
7) Some people jump on the ressie faster than others.

NOTE: I say get-over-it. If you want holidays either book them at 11-mth or buy somewhere you have a guaranteed week time period. DVC was meant to be flexible, not folks complain it is just that.

TheRustyScupper said:
1) I am sorry.
2) I just don't see the point.
3) A sold-out resort is a sold-out resort.
4) The room dates will be used by SOMEONE.
5) Who cares who owns the points and who occupies the room?
6) All of you have the same chance at reserving at the 11-mth window.
7) Some people jump on the ressie faster than others.

NOTE: I say get-over-it. If you want holidays either book them at 11-mth or buy somewhere you have a guaranteed week time period. DVC was meant to be flexible, not folks complain it is just that.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I think it is BS that someone books out a high demand week for the sole purpose of renting it to someone else.

Yes I agree that everyone has the 11 month window but I don't think it is right when people do this and I feel they are screwing over other DVCers when they do so. YMMV.

At the same note, I don't see a problem with anyone renting thier own points that they won't use, but for a high demand season, I just dont think it is right.

Thank you all for the welcomes!

As to Disney's response, I have been assured that while it is going slower than they would like, they are taking action against the commercial renters (again, I emphasize commercial). I think Ms. Wechsler and others are going to have some problems with their businesses in the future. I was advised that they have and will cancel reservations for those who buy from commercial renters so to the renters out there: buyer beware. So, I think the post from Twinkle is probably correct: they have already canceled reservations for those operating this as a business. I do think it is important to voice your opinion to Disney about the commercial renters so sending them an email cannot hurt. This thread was very eye-opening for me as to how bad the problem really is and how people who are using DVC as a business respond on threads like this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter