DVC resie- which would you keep

lovin'fl

DIS Veteran
So we booked BWV 1BR for 5 nights in Dec. We do a lot of stays at BWV since that's where most of our points are. So I waitlisted BLT. I saw the first 3 nights pop up so I grabbed them. DH then suggested we keep the split stay, first three at BLT and the last two at BWV. Our last two nights are close to Xmas and crowds will be picking up so he doesnt mind wasting the time moving resorts (we will have our car). And he thinks being able to bop in and out of Epcot those last couple days, when MK will be hopping busy, might be good. We can walk to three parks on three days and really only have to bus to AK.

Tonight I happened to see our last two nights open at BLT so I grabbed them up with our other membership and can cancel easily. Or can cancel the BWV. DH would keep the BWV but I wouldn't mind having all 5 nights in same resort and room, no switching. What would you guys pick?

So we booked BWV 1BR for 5 nights in Dec. We do a lot of stays at BWV since that's where most of our points are. So I waitlisted BLT. I saw the first 3 nights pop up so I grabbed them. DH then suggested we keep the split stay, first three at BLT and the last two at BWV. Our last two nights are close to Xmas and crowds will be picking up so he doesnt mind wasting the time moving resorts (we will have our car). And he thinks being able to bop in and out of Epcot those last couple days, when MK will be hopping busy, might be good. We can walk to three parks on three days and really only have to bus to AK.

Tonight I happened to see our last two nights open at BLT so I grabbed them up with our other membership and can cancel easily. Or can cancel the BWV. DH would keep the BWV but I wouldn't mind having all 5 nights in same resort and room, no switching. What would you guys pick?

I really like both resorts, so it really depends. Have you stayed at BLT before? if not then I would go with BLT. If you already done BLT then I would go with BWV as its cheaper per night but its also closer to two parks. I like doing split stays but with only 5 nights maybe not so much as I would never get a real chance to unpack and settle in.

If doing the split stay, I would stay at BLT the days you are going to MK and the rest of the days at BWV

We have points at BCV and BLT. We spent a week at BLT in June. Loved it, but missed being on Crescent Lake. So, when I booked for next summer I booked a split stay, three nights at BLT and three at BCV. I figured it would be the best of both worlds.

Even with the monorail it took a good 45/60 minutes to get to EPCOT.

Hmmm. Maybe I'll keep the BWV and keep the split stay. Then we can walk to 3/4 parks during the trip. DH and I stayed at BLT but this will be a first time for twin DDs-19. ANd DH and my first time in a 1BR there.

Also, what location do we request to get inside the C. With the studio we had there before, it was outside C by skyway bridge and was very noisy. So I want more inside C with pool view. Do I request even numbered room?

I think I'd do the split stay although I understand the desire to settle in. Itll be nice to spend some time being able to walk to mk and then end at bwv as crowds pick up.

one from BLT and 2 from BWV...split stay

Ah, I get it. I thought you meant from just one resort. I'm not a big fan of split stays but it does provide advantages such as you mention. Good luck with your decision process! :)

As much as possible I'm all for avoiding split stays. We did a couple while we were deciding if and where we would buy in prior to purchasing a contract and I'm over it. It's not difficult and we always drive but I just prefer to stay in one room.

I would definitely stay at least part of the time at BWV. EPCOT and DHS have very nice Holiday decorations and they are easy to get to from BWV.

I think split stays can be nice but I would hesitate with a 5 day stay. I'm sure you'll enjoy whatever you decide but I think I'd decide what resort I wanted to be at this time and stick with it.

Hmmm.
Also, what location do we request to get inside the C. With the studio we had there before, it was outside C by skyway bridge and was very noisy. So I want more inside C with pool view. Do I request even numbered room?
For inside the “horseshoe” you want odd

6340440E-1AE2-4ABD-AC2D-32FA86E1F9B0.jpeg

I don't like the Theming at BLT. Too contemporary for me. Reminds me of any hotel in any city. But that is just my personel preferance. The only thing I like about it is that it is a monorail hotel and literally right next to the MK.

So we're sticking with the split stay. I dropped the second resie at BLT. And set up room request with TP where I asked for odd numbered room and close to TOTWL if possible (selected room 8535 on 15th floor).

After researching, I may request 16th floor as I would like easy access to TOTWL. I assume you cannot just walk in via 15th floor????

Last edited:
So we're sticking with the split stay. I dropped the second resie at BLT. And set up room request with TP where I asked for odd numbered room and close to TOTWL if possible (selected room 8535 on 15th floor).

After researching, I may request 16th floor as I would like easy access to TOTWL. I assume you cannot just walk in via 15th floor????

Pretty sure you can’t walk to the lounge unless your room is on that floor (grand villas are often on that floor, I think).

I think the split stay will be fun! Enjoy!

Hmmm. Maybe I'll keep the BWV and keep the split stay. Then we can walk to 3/4 parks during the trip. DH and I stayed at BLT but this will be a first time for twin DDs-19. ANd DH and my first time in a 1BR there.

For 5 nights, I would stick with all at BLT. Then you can unpack and really settle in. You mentioned twin 19-yo DDs - in a 1BR at BLT you will have 2 full baths, which is a game changer. Also if they don't want to share the sofa bed, one of them can use the sleeper chair.

I totally get the attraction of being able to walk to 3/4 parks - when we stay 7 nights or longer, we will usually do 3 nights at the Swan/Dolphin (also on points) and then move to the MK. We focus on EP/HS during the first half of the week, and MK later, with AK whenever we can get good FP+. But for 5 nights, I would just stay all at the same location. And if you wanted to see the holiday decorations at the EP resorts, walk to MK to the bus terminal and take a bus to BW/BC and you are right there.

What room type do you have? Inside the C, ask for an odd numbered room. I like the even numbered rooms, high floor, will often get you a decent partial theme park view for the price of LV or STD points. And, of course, you have TOTWL as well. Our first BLT stay, we were in a 2BR LV on the 8th floor (I think?) in the north wing (almost at the top of the outside of the C). The LR window had a phenomenal sunrise view over the lake, but you could see fireworks from the balcony. The best of both worlds, imo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter