DVC resale prices

Robin"D"

DIS Veteran
I can't help but noticing that there seems tone many more Grand Cal. contracts available at his time ? Any connection to the new DVC towers In Calif. ? Also ,any thoughts of the price of DVC decreasing due to 5 new property's now or soon for sale?

Have noticed what seem to be an increase in Grand. Cal. Points for resale I can't help but wonder if this is due to the new towers in CA. If DVC is to sell these points for 207.00 why would anyone pay 275.00 PP on Grand Cal.????

VGC is a very small property with only 48 total DVC villas (23 - dedicated 2 bedrooms, 23 2 bedroom lock offs (which can be broken up into a studio and 1 bedroom), and 2 grand villas). It is very hard to get in at 7 months (even at 10-11 months out there are often dates already completely booked). And the selling price through DVC for VGC is over $300 (although it is not for sale at the moment at all and has a closed waiting list to purchase). This is all to give background on why the resale price is over $300. Most who own at VGC use those points at VGC as Exclusive Use Points (EUP).

Adding DLT may ease some of the CA booking issues (questionable to me). But that will only be booking at DLT, VGC will continue to be hard. My VGC points will continue to only be for VGC. I will probably also buy some DLT points to have for Exclusive Use at DLT at the 11 month mark. And I suspect many others who want DLT will be the same.

Adding 5 new resorts will not ease the VGC (& DLT) situation. That is the only game in CA. And those people will not be booking out to WDW resorts or Aulani as frequently as WDW will be trying to book in. If you want VGC, you need to purchase VGC. And right now that market is around $275-300 per point. If I was to sell my VGC points (not happening for anything though), it would be listed at over $300 and I would take no lower than $295 (I have small contracts).

VGC is a very small property with only 48 total DVC villas (23 - dedicated 2 bedrooms, 23 2 bedroom lock offs (which can be broken up into a studio and 1 bedroom), and 2 grand villas). It is very hard to get in at 7 months (even at 10-11 months out there are often dates already completely booked). And the selling price through DVC for VGC is over $300 (although it is not for sale at the moment at all and has a closed waiting list to purchase). This is all to give background on why the resale price is over $300. Most who own at VGC use those points at VGC as Exclusive Use Points (EUP).

Adding DLT may ease some of the CA booking issues (questionable to me). But that will only be booking at DLT, VGC will continue to be hard. My VGC points will continue to only be for VGC. I will probably also buy some DLT points to have for Exclusive Use at DLT at the 11 month mark. And I suspect many others who want DLT will be the same.

Adding 5 new resorts will not ease the VGC (& DLT) situation. That is the only game in CA. And those people will not be booking out to WDW resorts or Aulani as frequently as WDW will be trying to book in. If you want VGC, you need to purchase VGC. And right now that market is around $275-300 per point. If I was to sell my VGC points (not happening for anything though), it would be listed at over $300 and I would take no lower than $295 (I have small contracts).
Time will tell.

Have noticed what seem to be an increase in Grand. Cal. Points for resale I can't help but wonder if this is due to the new towers in CA. If DVC is to sell these points for 207.00 why would anyone pay 275.00 PP on Grand Cal.????
Because Grand Cal is more luxurious.
The cash rate to stay at Grand Cal is significantly higher.
It has balconies.
It has access to DCA and quick walk to DL and DTD.
VGC has views that don't overlook the car park and suburbia.
It is themed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter