dvc prices

Robin"D"

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have an idea why or what is causing the prices of DVC to drop like the temps I January??? Have seen Aulani 88.00 PP Boulder Ridge 98.00 Board Walk 112.00 Grand Cal. 233.00 and so on. I'm great believer in resale , What a great time to buy.

General fear of the economy, seasonality, people being fed up with Disney, you name it....

Could be a multitude of reasons...but in my opinion, the single biggest reason is that Disney does not seem to be exercising much ROFR right now. When they don't do that, sellers/buyers get bolder and bolder and prices keep tanking.

Whole bunch of different factors, personally I believe the biggest things are the current position Disney's in, they're cutting jobs and should not be using more money than they need at this time. They're about to have 5 actively selling properties pretty soon. Riviera, Aulani, Grand Floridian, DL and Poly 2. The last thing they need right now is more inventory because that just means more maintenance fees for them to cover for as long as those points just sit there.

Things were overpriced and they are reverting back to the historical mean.

Like most things, pre and post COVID price swings will be viewed as historical anomalies and insightful into how humans deal with stress/scarcity.

Last edited:

General economic situation, recession, it is always a supply and demand issue, if there are no buyers then price will do down.

I also wonder if the loss of self governance is affecting them. Leaves some question marks on Disney and the properties.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter