dvc presentation incentives?

3 or 4 years ago my family was offered and given $100 in Disney Dollars for going to the presentation- they were selling SSR and my kids enjoyed the kids club. We were just loitering in the WL lobby at the time b/c it was pouring outside and I wandered over to the kiosk to find out what the DVC was all about. The guy had us picked up and taken over. The presentation was much lengthier than I would have liked but I think that was more b/c the guide was slow. Afterwards we got the ice cream and they almost forgot the $$ - I had to get a manager to track down the guy who had made the offer back over at WL & after about 10 minutes he returned with the DD's. We didn't buy in but it was tempting!

...the guide told her that without her husband they wouldn't sell to her, so she could take some info home, but the guide wanted to speak to her husband before they would give her information on down payments, financing, etc.

That kind of thing really gets me goin'. Its about time (long over due) that institutions get out of the husband and wife mode of doing business. My wife was the one who bought into DVC and eventhough she made a point of telling our guide to put her name first on the contract and therefore would be the person primarily responsible for the account, I'm the one who ended up with the first name on the contract, and all the mail that they send us has my name on it. Maybe they think women don't count unless they're in the kitchen making sandwiches...
I guess it works the other way around too. When I applied for a Universal Child Care monthly cheque from the Canadian government, I had to get my wife to write a NOTE to them for permission that the cheque to be written to me. I was a little pissed about that one. Bah!

Universal Child Care monthly cheque from the Canadian government

I know I'm going to be jealous yet again of you Canadians, but what exactly is that?

We did the DVC tour about 2 weeks ago and my dad was not happy that we signed up for it, but decided to go along with the promise of 3 fastpasses each. Well to make a long story short my parents ended up buying at BLT and we got ice cream and 3 fastpasses each plus 3 for the baby! They went back the next day to sign the papers and since it took a while they were given 7 more of the fastpass cards (with 3 on each) for us to use! So on our last day we got to ride TSMM and RRC 2 times each, in a row just to finish using the fastpasses. It is well worth the time!

Things may have changed in the last couple of years, but a few years back I was in WDW with my BF and she wanted to do the presentation, so we did. However, the guide was not forthcoming at all, on any information, basically showed her the models and didn't take her seriously at all. When my BF said this to her, the guide told her that without her husband they wouldn't sell to her, so she could take some info home, but the guide wanted to speak to her husband before they would give her information on down payments, financing, etc.

While you can go to the presentation alone, I'm pretty sure they won't sell to you or begin paperwork without your spouse present. I wonder if they would've done the same thing to my BF if she was home and her DH was the one taking the tour??:confused3

That's pretty shocking!

After all, my husband was the one that bought, not me, so having both of us there didn't matter at all.

I believe strongly that my guide would have given someone traveling without their spouse any and all information they needed.

If a DVC guide had said that to me, a letter would have been written.

I will edit to say...of course they can't take a spouse's SSN without that spouse giving it...but info should be given, and people should be taken seriously even if their spouse isn't there.

FOR BLT: with the current incentive (maybe expired) and a member referral, Disney is actually a better deal than most of the limited resales I have seen.

Summary of what I was offered for BLT: $99/point, full 2009 allotment of points.

My wife and I went to the tour yesterday and purchased. We were given the same BLT offer with a member referral. The deal was full allotment of points for the "Tour" plus $11 per point off the purchase price but applied to the down payment.

Things may have changed in the last couple of years, but a few years back I was in WDW with my BF and she wanted to do the presentation, so we did. However, the guide was not forthcoming at all, on any information, basically showed her the models and didn't take her seriously at all. When my BF said this to her, the guide told her that without her husband they wouldn't sell to her, so she could take some info home, but the guide wanted to speak to her husband before they would give her information on down payments, financing, etc.

While you can go to the presentation alone, I'm pretty sure they won't sell to you or begin paperwork without your spouse present. I wonder if they would've done the same thing to my BF if she was home and her DH was the one taking the tour??:confused3

Is it possible that she is from a community property state? Both spouses need to be involved if the purchaser is from a certain state, particularly if there is financing, because one spouse can't always commit the marital community to community debts.

Even if that's the case, though, I'm surprised they wouldn't at least give the tour.

Hi,
We would be interested in learning more about DVC (touring). However, I have 3 children under the age of 6. Can I bring them with me and do I have to book it ahead? Where is it? Finally, how long does it usually take. (I don't see the kids keeping still for more than a couple of hours. Thanks for the help!

Hi,
We would be interested in learning more about DVC (touring). However, I have 3 children under the age of 6. Can I bring them with me and do I have to book it ahead? Where is it? Finally, how long does it usually take. (I don't see the kids keeping still for more than a couple of hours. Thanks for the help!

When we went on our tour last September we had a then 3 and 1.5 year old. They have a closed off room with people to watch the kids so the adults can focus on the tour. My wife is overly paranoid about who watches our children and she was comfortable while they were there. They give us a beeper so that if we are needed they can beep us to come "deal" with any challenge our children may be experiencing. Very kid friendly. We were picked up at Animal Kingdom by their van and they even provided the car seats for our kids and took us back to our hotel (the Contemporary), so it worked out that way too since it is a real pain using the bus from AK to the CR. If you haven't spoken with anyone before going on the tour then I suggest you consider getting a referral first. That way you are likely to get a better discount. I can PM you some details and you can check out the referral board too. Good luck!

FOR BLT: with the current incentive (maybe expired) and a member referral, Disney is actually a better deal than most of the limited resales I have seen.

Summary of what I was offered for BLT: $99/point, full 2009 allotment of points.

My wife and I went to the tour yesterday and purchased. We were given the same BLT offer with a member referral. The deal was full allotment of points for the "Tour" plus $11 per point off the purchase price but applied to the down payment.

If you haven't spoken with anyone before going on the tour then I suggest you consider getting a referral first. That way you are likely to get a better discount. I can PM you some details and you can check out the referral board too. Good luck!

The good discounts ended in August. So perhaps you should compare resale to whatever Disney quotes.

We didn't do a tour. We bought back in May via telephone. My DH overheard a guide at our resort, CSR while standing in line at the concierge and be got more and more intrigue by it. We didn't want to do a timeshare tour. However, I signed up for information online and okayed for someone to call. He sent us out the packet which we read and then called him back later. He was surprised by our detailed questions but knew all of the answers. We thought about it a few more days and then did it all by phone. You can see the AKV and BLT models on YouTube.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter