DVC Point Trade (swap) Question

DisDaydreamer

I have this DIS-ease
DW and I are considering doing 2 things we have never done before.

1. Stay at VB a peak time.

2. Stay in a beach cottage. :cloud9:

Now, we only own at BWV so the chaces of being successful at 7 months is probably less than being hit by lightning.

So, my question. Does the one transfer rule prevent me from trading or maybe a better term would be "swapping" points with a VB points owner since it would require a transfer out and a transfer in? Or do they accomodate for this type of transaction?

And yes, I know we should be buying VB points.

You would need to find a VB owner willing to transfer VB points into your account - with the promise that you will return the favor when your Use Year renews. Otherwise, you will run into the One Transfer rule.

Another possibility would be to have a VB owner make a Beach House reservation for you at 11 months and you could then make a reservation for them at BWV for a similar number of points - or transfer any inequity in the points needed between the accounts , thus meeting the one transfer policy.

Thanks for the clarification. I was hoping this would be an exception to the rule.

Probably would cut down on renting activity, but I guess on the other hand if it were too easy to swap people wouldn't need to buy more points (like me).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter