DVC Phone Line Constantly Busy

blumga

Earning My Ears
I've been trying to reach both the DVC 800 and 407 phone number and I'm continually getting an old fashioned busy signal. Is there a problem that anyone's aware of? I've never had that happen.

Because a whole bunch of Members are calling to reschedule vacations, /reallocate points and ask questions about the impact of the closures.

All you can do is keep trying if you can't do what you want to do on the website.

2 options...keep trying (saw someone yesterday who tried close to 60 times and then waited 85 minutes on hold)...or give it a week or 2 after the dust settles on the rush and questions from the last announcement.

Just got through kept trying took about 60 minutes to talk to someone. Very helpful cancelled my reservation and told me points
would be returned to the proper use years in a few days .

Aren’t many of these CMs still working from home?

If so, then it would seem we are dealing with the rerouting of calls into private numbers, with services not meant to handle that level of volume, and that could be playing a role?

I started calling around 9:30 this AM. Got through to the queue about 10:05 after getting cut off once. Got to speak to someone about 10:50. It took until around noon for him to complete the two things I needed. He kept putting me on hold to ask “The Fairy Godmother” for help. 😂

It seems Fairy Godmother was very busy and difficult to get in touch with. In the end he was able to get everything I wanted, was pleasant and informative throughout the call. I was prepared to set aside a good chunk of my morning to deal with this so had some good reading on hand and sat and watched the birds coming to our feeder throughout the call.

It all worked out and every time he mentioned Fairy Godmother I just smiled 😎. Pick a time to call when you can be on hold for awhile and pack your patience. They are doing the best they can.

Once there are more than something like 250 calls waiting you get a busy signal. That’s the maximum their lines hold.

I know this is an old thread but does anyone know if this affects the two numbers differently or are they the same system?

They end up in the same place, so they are just different numbers to reach MS.

Since MS is the bottleneck, it won't mater which you use. If there was a bottleneck/ choke point in the telecom network it might matter, but that is not the problem.

I know this is an old thread but does anyone know if this affects the two numbers differently or are they the same system?
It's pretty sad this is an old thread but we still have the same problem. When I did not get the busy signal yesterday I got the 90 minute wait message. Anybody know if you can deposit points into RCI without using member services.

Last time I called it was a 60 minute wait. The woman who helped me was great and she did it relatively quickly but there must be a ton of volume and not enough people answering the phone.

Is MS back at full strength in terms of staffing or do they still have CMs on furlough? That, and the large and complicated number of requests, might explain the wait times. I had a similar experience using the regular customer service line last week before our trip. We had to try to straighten out a ticket/park pass situation and waited 3 hours on hold only to be told there was nothing they could do. Incredibly frustrating!

Trying to get through now and busy signal at least 30 times in a row, so can't get through !

Sad that I can't even get through to be placed on a 60+ minute hold.

I've been trying every morning for 30 mins before work, and couldn't even get through to a queue, only a constantly busy dial tone. Does anyone know how / if it's possible to do these things online:
1) link multiple reservation numbers together to not switch rooms,
2) make a room preference request
3) reallocate the oldest points to be used in the soonest reservation? I have 90 points eligible to be banked but the system is only 40 eligible so I suspect it's using the newer points in the upcoming reservation.

You can send MS an email for #1 and #2. They will add the notes to each reservation. Just be specific and say “please add a note that reservation x is a continuation of the same group into reservation Y so please keep us in the same room. Have them do the same on the other trip too.

If you have points in your account just sitting in your account and some are banked, then modify your trip online, go through the motions but don’t change anything and rebook. It will take all the banked points first.

If you have more than one trip, then you may have to do it with each of them. Just do it starting with the soonest reservation.

I've been trying every morning for 30 mins before work, and couldn't even get through to a queue, only a constantly busy dial tone. Does anyone know how / if it's possible to do these things online:
1) link multiple reservation numbers together to not switch rooms,
2) make a room preference request
3) reallocate the oldest points to be used in the soonest reservation? I have 90 points eligible to be banked but the system is only 40 eligible so I suspect it's using the newer points in the upcoming reservation.
You can also do a chat for 1 and 2. Most of the time it says chat is not available, but if you just leave the page up when somebody becomes free it will let you know. Just be quick.

I did the multiple reservation linking together a couple of days ago and they actually didn't even "link" them, they combined them into one. I had Poly for 6 days and then 10 days. They moved all 16 days into the first reservation. They told me it could take up to 48 hours, but it was done 15 minutes later.

You can also do a chat for 1 and 2. Most of the time it says chat is not available, but if you just leave the page up when somebody becomes free it will let you know. Just be quick.

I did the multiple reservation linking together a couple of days ago and they actually didn't even "link" them, they combined them into one. I had Poly for 6 days and then 10 days. They moved all 16 days into the first reservation. They told me it could take up to 48 hours, but it was done 15 minutes later.

If the trips are in the same UY and same room type, then they can be merged into one.

Linking is when each one is in a different UY so they can not be combined.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter