• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC Mike Live from BLT (12/5-12/12/09)

Mike - We must have been right behind you coming in. They had just cleared the I-4 wreck when we got there. Plus we were dead stopped in Georgia also. Kept wondering what caused it, but by the time we got there it was cleared up.

Thank you for the wonderful pictures Mike! We loved that MK view too - much more than I thought we would. If you get a chance, the fireworks for the Merry Christmas mixer are fabulous to watch from BLT. Enjoy your stay!

My DW loves the Magic Kingdom view at Bay Lake Tower so much that she told me to sell some of our points at the other resorts so we could own more BLT points. She says the MK view is so much better than the Lake View. When we stayed in a Lake View room, she never just sat and stared out at the view. Here, she can't get enough of the view.

We watched Holiday Wishes last night from our balcony. Wow! I love the end where they fill the sky horizontally across the park with fireworks. We're going to MVMCP tomorrow night, so we'll looking forward to seeing Holiday Wishes while sitting in front of the Castle.

Based upon this stay, my new ranking of the best DCV views is:

1. BLT Magic Kingdom view
2. VGC Theme Park view
3. BWV Boardward view
4. BLT Lake view
5. AKV Savanna view

This morning, we (again) had breakfast at The Wave and then headed over to the MK. Compared to past December trips, this one more crowded. We just strolled around and didn't go on any rides.

There was a light rain in the early morning, but it changed to just a cloudy day. It should reach the upper 70's today, with great weather on Tuesday and Wednesday.

http://i235.*************************************20091207_1852.jpg
http://i235.*************************************20091207_1854.jpg
http://i235.*************************************20091207_1855.jpg
http://i235.*************************************20091207_1859.jpg
http://i235.*************************************20091207_1861.jpg

Okay, so both you and Doc have commented on the increased crowds from other Decembers. I'm sure that free dining offer might be part of the reason. I tried to change my Teppan Edo ressies for 3 on Wednesday so I could attend the DVC annual meeting, but there was NO OTHER TEPPAN EDO time available all week!!!:scared1:

Love your photos, Mike. I have 3 months to go for my trip and am praying the time will fly by! Your photos keep the magic alive until then.

Glad you love the MK view. It must be nice to see the fireworks from your balcony (or your bed!)

Mike, the best BLT MK View pictures I've seen thus far! Staying there this summer for 2 nights, MK view just to experience the resort (points are a little steep for me). Your pictures make me look forward to it even more.

Thanks!

Thanks for another great trip report, Mike. Like many DCV members, I supplement my DVC visits with your trip reports so keep up the good work!

Best wishes,
David

So glad I found your report. We bought BLT in May but they didnt have any room for our Sept vacation so we have to wait till 2010. I absolutly cant wait. And the pics of your view make me think thats the room we need!!!!

Looks like your having a great time, cant wait for Mrs DVC Mike food revues!

The Grand Floridian

http://i235.*************************************20091206_1837.jpg

I was taken aback by this photo. Just incredible! I will definitely be on the list for GFV's!

Thanks again Mike for the spectacular photos. They are just what I needed after a hectic last week and half at work!

:thumbsup2

My DW loves the Magic Kingdom view at Bay Lake Tower so much that she told me to sell some of our points at the other resorts so we could own more BLT points. She says the MK view is so much better than the Lake View. When we stayed in a Lake View room, she never just sat and stared out at the view. Here, she can't get enough of the view.

..... Based upon this stay, my new ranking of the best DCV views is:

1. BLT Magic Kingdom view
2. VGC Theme Park view
3. BWV Boardward view
4. BLT Lake view
5. AKV Savanna view

Interesting, can't wait until we've stayed at all of the resorts then maybe I can then give an opinion on the best views. I have to admit that your DW's opinion about a view making her want to sit and watch out the window for hours is pretty indicative that the resort should rank really high on the list.

I have a funny story to add to your ranking of best view in BLT. Our DS (almost 3yo) was ENTRANCED by the MK view for 5 days straight. It was a little boy's dream - every kind of transportation available out one window... monorails going both ways (and into the CR!), ferry boats on the lake, buses down below, even the MK train could be easily heard on the balcony.
He insisted at night that he had to sleep on the pull-out chair right at the window "so I can watch the monorail". The first night I fell asleep in the MBR hearing him announce softly every monorail that went by in his sweet way -
"green mon-o-rail, red mon-o-rail, yellow mon-o-rail...." Last week he told my husband we had to have "a builder come build a track in front of our house" so he could watch the monorail from his room!! :goodvibes

Hey whats all the brush doing around the Walt statue up by the castle, and is there no garland and wreathes going over mainstreet this year?

Never mind-must be for parade taping right?

I have a funny story to add to your ranking of best view in BLT. Our DS (almost 3yo) was ENTRANCED by the MK view for 5 days straight. It was a little boy's dream - every kind of transportation available out one window... monorails going both ways (and into the CR!), ferry boats on the lake, buses down below, even the MK train could be easily heard on the balcony.
He insisted at night that he had to sleep on the pull-out chair right at the window "so I can watch the monorail". The first night I fell asleep in the MBR hearing him announce softly every monorail that went by in his sweet way -
"green mon-o-rail, red mon-o-rail, yellow mon-o-rail...." Last week he told my husband we had to have "a builder come build a track in front of our house" so he could watch the monorail from his room!! :goodvibes

That is the sweetest story!! It made me tear-up!! :hug: Your little guy must be so cute!

Hey whats all the brush doing around the Walt statue up by the castle, and is there no garland and wreathes going over mainstreet this year?

Never mind-must be for parade taping right?

I thought that was weird, too. All those planters were a bit much in the hub. And I know the garlands were up at one time; they showed the installation on that new show on HGTV.

Nonetheless, terrific pics, Mike!

The garlands were up Thanksgiving week, all those planters were not in town square, and there were two small trees behind the Roy and Minnie bench (But I don't remember if the bench was there or not)

Hi Mike, sorry, but I can't find my paper with your camera model on it. I remember it was an Olympus, but the rest is a blank. Would you be able to give it out one more time?
Love your TR :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter