DVC Membership Cards & Google Pay?

donaldbuzz&minnie

Happy to be here!
DVC Silver
So, in order to access my digital membership card, I have to sign up for Google Pay, right? If I bite the bullet and sign up for Google Pay (which really makes me mad),
do I have to enter a credit card # for my membership card to become active?

The Mouse is getting harder and harder to love.

I'm not too thrilled about it either. :(

Decided to wait until the very last minute to do it in hopes they will back off and either reissue the plastic cards or honor screen shots. Doubt they will, but at least the bugs will have a better chance of getting cleared and all the CMs properly trained.

I'm glad some one else is concerned. I find it incredible that DVC is essentially blocking my account from using discounts or entering the lounge, unless I am willing to download and use an app not associated with DVC or Disney.

For reasons that I won't get into, I will not use Google for anything. Not searching, and especially not setting up a wallet on my phone. I don't want to argue with anyone or turn this thread into a Google or no-Google discussion. I just am quite angry that I have zero options.

I have spoken to IT CMs quite a few times, and several of them agree with me that it is a no win situation for me and they seem sympathetic. I either play ball and submit to Google or I get no DVC discounts or services. How is that possible?

I know Disney is not known for smooth running IT, but surely for the thousands of members they can come up with a system that is handled by the MDE or a DVC app.

I'm glad some one else is concerned. I find it incredible that DVC is essentially blocking my account from using discounts or entering the lounge, unless I am willing to download and use an app not associated with DVC or Disney.

For reasons that I won't get into, I will not use Google for anything. Not searching, and especially not setting up a wallet on my phone. I don't want to argue with anyone or turn this thread into a Google or no-Google discussion. I just am quite angry that I have zero options.

I have spoken to IT CMs quite a few times, and several of them agree with me that it is a no win situation for me and they seem sympathetic. I either play ball and submit to Google or I get no DVC discounts or services. How is that possible?

I know Disney is not known for smooth running IT, but surely for the thousands of members they can come up with a system that is handled by the MDE or a DVC app.

Its frustrating and what I would do is continue to share your disappointment with Membership satisfaction.

Every time I call I file a satisfaction form with CM. And I have had to call a lot recently, because they can't seem to link my Aulani res to MDE or confirm a Annual pass purchase. The MDE is very glitchy lately.

Wow, I didn’t realize Google Pay wasn’t an integral part of Android phones, like the Wallet is just a standard component of iPhones. I agree with Sandi, I’d email a statement and explanation of my dissatisfaction either via the address Sandi lists or via the email link on the member website.

Thanks for the link. I will use it.
And when I tried to move the DVC card to my phone, it requires you to set up a Google account with a Gmail account to proceed. Not happening for me.

I guess I won’t be getting any discounts or visits to DVC lounge.
Not worth it anyway.
Disney just wants to track and sell all your info . $$$
I guess Google is paying them too .

So, in order to access my digital membership card, I have to sign up for Google Pay, right? If I bite the bullet and sign up for Google Pay (which really makes me mad),
do I have to enter a credit card # for my membership card to become active?

The Mouse is getting harder and harder to love.
Agreed. Absolutely unbelievable.

I still to this day do not understand why your magic band with a picture ID is not good enough for the discounts. They should be able to tell your exact membership eligibility using MDE information, then the picture ID to verify.

Based upon my experiences two weeks ago, the CM's are in agreement with making this easier. Over the course of 11 days, I extensively showed my phone to get the discount, probably 30 times. I was asked for id only twice (once in MK, once at the Contemporary). I was told (by a DVC rep, no less) that I could use my expired plastic blue card if I was having phone problems. At three sit down restaurants, and at one store in a park, the CM gave me the discount before I could get out the phone, because we were talking about the DVC discount and they heard us. Several CM's told me that they wouldn't accept a blue card screen shot, and they needed to see it in Apple/Google Pay. One CM told me that I was the first person to show her it in Google Pay. All in all, it's been a complete mess.

Bring back the plastic cards!

Based upon my experiences two weeks ago, the CM's are in agreement with making this easier. Over the course of 11 days, I extensively showed my phone to get the discount, probably 30 times. I was asked for id only twice (once in MK, once at the Contemporary). I was told (by a DVC rep, no less) that I could use my expired plastic blue card if I was having phone problems. At three sit down restaurants, and at one store in a park, the CM gave me the discount before I could get out the phone, because we were talking about the DVC discount and they heard us. Several CM's told me that they wouldn't accept a blue card screen shot, and they needed to see it in Apple/Google Pay. One CM told me that I was the first person to show her it in Google Pay. All in all, it's been a complete mess.

Bring back the plastic cards!
What do you mean? It's an easy process. Step 1, hold up phone for Face ID to unlock it, that fails, so on to Step 2, fingerprint ID to unlock phone. That fails too so then just enter your PIN. Next, up find the Google Pay app buried in your app drawer because you never use it (just a few swipes, try to remember what's called, then you are there), then open it. Wait for it to boot, then repeat the above to unlock the app with fingerprint/biometrics. Then click to decline to make this the default app for payments. Next, try and figure out what you are looking at since you never use the GPay app and hope to realize you have to click a tiny credit card at the top of the screen to "pay" with a credit card even though that's not at all what you are trying to do. Decline one more notification and then you can see your list of credit cards. Almost there now! Next, click the mouse head that somehow represents your DVC membership and show the code to the cast member who is unable to scan it. Then listen as they ask you to click the "details" button and show them the tiny 8 point font that indicates that this is indeed a "blue card".
Easy peasy, only takes about 90 seconds, and not at all inconvenient. Great for saving 40 cents on my Joffrey's order while holding up the line of 50 people behind me in Tomorrowland. Well done Disney IT, still the best in the business!

What do you mean? It's an easy process. Step 1, hold up phone for Face ID to unlock it, that fails, so on to Step 2, fingerprint ID to unlock phone. That fails too so then just enter your PIN. Next, up find the Google Pay app buried in your app drawer because you never use it (just a few swipes, try to remember what's called, then you are there), then open it. Wait for it to boot, then repeat the above to unlock the app with fingerprint/biometrics. Then click to decline to make this the default app for payments. Next, try and figure out what you are looking at since you never use the GPay app and hope to realize you have to click a tiny credit card at the top of the screen to "pay" with a credit card even though that's not at all what you are trying to do. Decline one more notification and then you can see your list of credit cards. Almost there now! Next, click the mouse head that somehow represents your DVC membership and show the code to the cast member who is unable to scan it. Then listen as they ask you to click the "details" button and show them the tiny 8 point font that indicates that this is indeed a "blue card".
Easy peasy, only takes about 90 seconds, and not at all inconvenient. Great for saving 40 cents on my Joffrey's order while holding up the line of 50 people behind me in Tomorrowland. Well done Disney IT, still the best in the business!
And all this only happens if you are semi-tech savvy with your phone. There is no way I would want to try and teach my mother how to do this. I will show her how to print the temp cards instead.

I hope you know I'm laughing WITH you.

I am not sure how a CM shares your complaints but I always send my concerns this way.

dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com
I submitted my concerns to this link and received an email saying the following:

"Thank you for taking the time to send your feedback to the Walt Disney World Resort Guest Services Team. Since you are a valued Disney Vacation Club Member, your message has been forwarded to us for assistance. We will be happy to discuss your concerns. However, to maintain Member Relations assistance as an exclusive Member benefit and for your protection, your full name, Member Number or Club ID, and complete address and phone number, as listed on your Membership, is required to answer all email requests.

If you do not wish to include this information, please submit your comments through the DISNEY VACATION CLUB web site, DisneyVacationClub.com. After logging in, please select Help & Contact > Contact Us > My Recent Visit. Members who have successfully logged into the website will see an option to submit comments by email. Since this is a secure site, the required information will automatically be included for review."

So I went to the website and submitted the same concern and it states this : "Not all feedback shared here will receive a direct response and in some cases may be addressed more broadly as a part of member communications."

So I have little hope I will get any response directly.

Thanks for the link and the suggestion.

And all this only happens if you are semi-tech savvy with your phone. There is no way I would want to try and teach my mother how to do this. I will show her how to print the temp cards instead.
I printed a temp card, but it expires on April 30, and there will be no more temp cards after that date, or so I was told by an IT CM.

I submitted my concerns to this link and received an email saying the following:

"Thank you for taking the time to send your feedback to the Walt Disney World Resort Guest Services Team. Since you are a valued Disney Vacation Club Member, your message has been forwarded to us for assistance. We will be happy to discuss your concerns. However, to maintain Member Relations assistance as an exclusive Member benefit and for your protection, your full name, Member Number or Club ID, and complete address and phone number, as listed on your Membership, is required to answer all email requests.

If you do not wish to include this information, please submit your comments through the DISNEY VACATION CLUB web site, DisneyVacationClub.com. After logging in, please select Help & Contact > Contact Us > My Recent Visit. Members who have successfully logged into the website will see an option to submit comments by email. Since this is a secure site, the required information will automatically be included for review."

So I went to the website and submitted the same concern and it states this : "Not all feedback shared here will receive a direct response and in some cases may be addressed more broadly as a part of member communications."

So I have little hope I will get any response directly.

Thanks for the link and the suggestion.

I think you will get a response. Every time e I have done things that I think warranted one, I get it!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter