Dvc membership card…showing no discount error

You have my sympathy (not worth much, I know).

Please send an email to Member Satisfaction describing your experience. Maybe if they get enough complaints, someone will light a fire under those responsible for fixing the issue.

Sadly, I suspect that the only way to "light the fire" is for a HUGE number of prospects to refrain from buying DVC direct until the website is fixed and annual pass sales resume. But that's not going to happen anywhere except in my dreams. :(
I have called MS and done chat several times on this issue and keep getting told they are working on it. The first few times it was to be fixed by the end of January and now they say they have no date it is to be fixed but to simply print off or show the CM the blue card with the extended expiration date and it will be OK. It looks as if not all the CM's have been trained on this mess that Disney IT created. It is their fault all the way. There is no way this should have been allowed to go live without this major feature being tested and retested. This is one of the reasons the phone lines are so clogged due to people like us calling in to get it fixed...ºoº

So how many of you think this “glitch” will be a problem with registering for moonlight magic.
the magic suuuuuurrrre is fading.

So how many of you think this “glitch” will be a problem with registering for moonlight magic.

I don't think it will because when registering for Moonlight Magic, its a special que and you get it in when you enter your membership #. It won't be tied to that.

I don't think registering will be a problem because, as @Sandisw said, you will be entering your membership number when you use the registration portal. Now when it comes to showing your membership ID on the night of the event, you could run into issues if the infamous DVC ND is not corrected by then and CMs don't accept the temporary blue card from the DVC website.

I am confused, previously I had two blue membership cards since I have two contracts. Now on My Disney experience it shows a pass with Mickey and a 50 and no referenced to a membership number or numbers. It also shows ND . Are they are issuing one digital regardless of number of contracts? Both of my contracts were purchased resale in 2014.

I am confused, previously I had two blue membership cards since I have two contracts. Now on My Disney experience it shows a pass with Mickey and a 50 and no referenced to a membership number or numbers. It also shows ND . Are they are issuing one digital regardless of number of contracts? Both of my contracts were purchased resale in 2014.
Are you talking about contracts or memberships? You can have 2 contracts but only one membership if the contracts are titled the same and have the same UY.

I have 10 contracts under 4 different memberships. If you look under Memberships and Passes in your profile on MDE, you should see "Disney Vacation Club Member ID: XXXXXXX.X" for each of your memberships (not contracts). Note that this is a Membership ID and not your Membership number or contract ID. Every owner has their own unique ID, so each owner on a contract will have a different number. Disney IT is so mucked up that one of my memberships is listed twice on MDE and two memberships are not listed at all.

Last edited:
Are you talking about contracts or memberships? You can have 2 contracts but only one membership if the contracts are titled the same and have the same UY.

I have 10 contracts under 4 different memberships. If you look under Memberships and Passes in your profile on MDE, you should see "Disney Vacation Club Member ID: XXXXXXX.X" for each of your memberships (not contracts). Note that this is a Membership ID and not your Membership number or contract ID. Every owner has their own unique ID, so each owner on a contract will have a different number. Disney IT is so mucked up that one of my memberships is listed twice on MDE and two memberships are not listed at all.
I have 2 contracts for the same resort, but they have different use years, August and Oct.

I have 2 contracts for the same resort, but they have different use years, August and Oct.

Then you would have two eligible memberships for perks.

Because you are grandfathered in via resale purchased before 2016, you fall in the trap of having the ND vs the Y.

These new digital cards will simply show, eventually you are eligible. There won’t be a different card for each one.

I was wondering this myself. I just(I am sorry) can't give Disney IT break on this. This is just plain incompetency on their part. I now look at this not so much as a technical issue as a denial of an important perk due to a complete failure of their IT management for not doing their homework on this then testing and re-testing it before allowing it to go live...ºoº

I contacted DVC via their online form the other day and got this response today (copy/pasted):

Thank you for contacting Disney Vacation Club®.
We appreciate your interest in your Disney Vacation Club Membership and will be happy to assist you.

The challenges with some ID Cards saying ND is Disney MagicMobile is still being resolved. You may access a digital version of your Member ID Card online via your smart device at disneyvacationclub.com/newcard. The sue of this version has been extended until further notice.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Thank you and have a magical day,
Todd
Member Services | Online Communications
Disney Vacation Club

Yet, when I access this temporary card, it has an expiration date in March… that’s not exactly “extended until further notice” now, is it?

I contacted DVC via their online form the other day and got this response today (copy/pasted):

We appreciate your interest in your Disney Vacation Club Membership and will be happy to assist you.

The challenges with some ID Cards saying ND is Disney MagicMobile is still being resolved. You may access a digital version of your Member ID Card online via your smart device at disneyvacationclub.com/newcard. The sue of this version has been extended until further notice.

Todd
Disney Vacation Club

Yet, when I access this temporary card, it has an expiration date in March… that’s not exactly “extended until further notice” now, is it?
The digital version of the membership card has always had an expiration date one month from when you access it. Tomorrow, the expiration date will be 03-24-2022. On March 1, the expiration date will be 04-01-2022.

Any thoughts on how to get all three of my membership IDs in MDE? We have three contracts, three different use years. Only one is showing in MDE. Call DVC or IT?

Todd
Disney Vacation Club

It’s a temporary card so it runs for one month at a time.

However, they have extended the use of these cards for the discounts until it’s fixed.

As long as there are issues, you can download this card. Once things are working, these will disappear and it will no longer be an option at all.

Just download it prior to your trip and it will be good for the month

Any thoughts on how to get all three of my membership IDs in MDE? We have three contracts, three different use years. Only one is showing in MDE. Call DVC or IT?

You don’t need all three. You only need one to be recognized. The system has never showed affiliation for more than the one as it doesn’t need to show it.

You don’t need all three. You only need one to be recognized. The system has never showed affiliation for more than the one as it doesn’t need to show it.
Two are resale 2001 and 2003 and one is resale post 2014. I have the ND so worried having the wrong one showing might be causing the problem.

Thank you!

Two are resale 2001 and 2003 and one is resale post 2014. I have the ND so worried having the wrong one showing might be causing the problem.

Thank you!

Got it. The change was 2016 so was it bought after that?

Right now we know there are a ton of issues so if you are going soon, I’d reach out to see if it could be that.

If not, I’d give it time.

The digital version of the membership card has always had an expiration date one month from when you access it. Tomorrow, the expiration date will be 03-24-2022. On March 1, the expiration date will be 04-01-2022.

Oh, that’s good to know! I hadn’t realized it from before.

The only thing on the Disney MagicMobile Pass that is DVC related is the Affiliation indicator of "DVC Y" or "DVC ND". The QR Code is unrelated to your membership and is more like the code on the back of a MagicBand.

Extended until further notice means you can still access the temporary card from the member website. It was supposed to go away once the new digital cards were rolled out.

Just thought I would report my experience- was there this week and we show “ND, annual” even though we are grandfathered pre 2016 resale and we also have no annual pass. Everywhere I used the discount without any issues and they generally didn’t ask to see anything. I used it several times , many times the cast member saw my DVC slider and gave me the discount without my even asking. All others gave the discount when I said I was DVC with no request to see any id- except 1 time- a girl asked to see the wallet card and I told her about the issue which she had no idea of and gave me the discount without further questions. So no issues this week. One thing I will say was that I was walking behind a group of young cast members that happened to be chatting loudly about the “DVC people that ask for a discount but the card says ND and how stupid they are”.. then one guy said how at a meeting he was told that they aren’t allowed to argue with DVC people any more and just give them the discounts. Then a girl said “why not?! I love telling them no and seeing how mad they get”. I just shook my head ….

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter