• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC members cruise -Disney Wish.. how to book?

DianaMB333

DIS Veteran
DVC Platinum
Hi

Looking forward to book the Wish travel for DVC members.. but I am reading that needs to be booked through member services.. and recently the lines seem to be very busy..

do you know if it can be booked through a travel agency too? Or do you have any advice?

thanks

If you read the fine print - this is not a Member Cruise. It's a Disney Collection Exchange and at least one person in the party must pay with points. This appears to be Disney's attempt to give folks a way to use excess points inventory.

Note: We booked the 2021 Member Cruise (canceled) last year via Member Services. Took my husband a while to get through - he said on hold for awhile.

Right.. at least one person booked with points.. only "blue card" points, right?
Does the 50% borrow limit apply?

May 17 has all phones dedicated to the sailing as I understand.

Very disappointing to see the $95 charge. DVC MC never charged that. Also, DVC MCs included gratuities. I don’t see that mentioned. Although I have hear in past that every DCL chartered cruises included gratuities. Does anyone have insight?

Can one member book two rooms? We would like to bring our family of 4 plus 2 grandparents that are not members.

I was so excited to see this announcement, and then so bummed to see that it was a Tuesday-Friday sailing. As I live in New England and have school-age children, they are still in school June 14-17, 2022, and that is likely finals week for them. :(

Right.. at least one person booked with points.. only "blue card" points, right?
Does the 50% borrow limit apply?
Yes, that means only "Blue Card"/Direct Points can be used.
And if the borrowing rule is still in effect, then, yes, it would apply.

Yes, that means only "Blue Card"/Direct Points can be used.
And if the borrowing rule is still in effect, then, yes, it would apply.

Just want to add that the blue card membership perks came into play in 2016 but points bought after 2012 can not be used for booking cruises,

So, someone could have that blue card with resale but not have usable points.

Just want to add that the blue card membership perks came into play in 2016 but points bought after 2012 can not be used for booking cruises,

So, someone could have that blue card with resale but not have usable points.
What would be then the points that are usable? I am guessing direct purchases, right?

Ugh! I'm so bummed that the cruise starts two days before the end of my school year. I'm a teacher so I can't take those days off. :sad:

My understanding is this isn't a chartered cruise, thus why gratuities are not included. This is a special arrangement Concierge Collection booking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter