DVC member visiting resorts

paqutte25

member since 2001
As long time Disney lovers and original DVC members our family has always enjoyed visiting the resorts on property. We view this part of our vacations just as enjoyable as visiting the parks. Before the days of magic bands we would freely roam the kingdom in our car visiting resorts we weren’t staying at just by showing our DVC member card and ID. Our last trip we noticed how vigilant security was about checking magic bands at the resorts we were visiting. This is much appreciated considering we can remember the days when non resort guests would visit the resorts/pools for the day because security was non exsistant at the entrances of the resorts.

I just extended our DVC vacation this month with a week at Bonnet Creek ( burned thru my years allotment of points) . As DVC members and annual pass holders, who are not on property for our first week, what privileges do we have to enter Disney resorts by car? I’m not talking about getting into a monorail resort. I remember a DVC selling point that as members you are allowed to visit any DVC resort but is this only while staying on property?

Imo you are allowed to visit the resort, that does however not give you the permission to use the pool but only to explore the resort.

Maybe without an ADR you aren’t allowed to enter the resorts - maybe someone else can clarify?

What resort do you want to visit? If you do not have an ADR and parking is limiting I think you could be turned away.

If you parked your car at a park and took Disney transportation to the resort I don’t think you would have any problems. Obviously you would not be able to get into Stormalong Bay and a few other pools but most of the resort should be accessible.

Last edited:
Like most things Disney, it depends on who you talk to. Some security guards will wave you through, others will give you the third degree. Some depending on the resort will deny you access. I agree that using Disney transportation is a better choice when available.

:earsboy: Bill

I just extended our DVC vacation this month with a week at Bonnet Creek ( burned thru my years allotment of points) . As DVC members and annual pass holders, who are not on property for our first week, what privileges do we have to enter Disney resorts by car? I’m not talking about getting into a monorail resort. I remember a DVC selling point that as members you are allowed to visit any DVC resort but is this only while staying on property?

Your DVC membership gives you no special privilege to visit a resort than would be enjoyed by a member of the general public.

What CarolMN said, Paqutte25. :cutie: Living close to WDW, and as a longtime DVC member, Dh and I love to visit various resorts. This is often to dine, but sometimes to shop, and at Christmastime, we love to see the resorts. Now we would not be able to use the pool or similar amenities as we are not guests at that particular resort, but we can surely patronize the shops, restaurants, bars, what have you. All you need do is show you photo I.D. at Security at any of the resorts at WDW and just let them know you'd like to shop, look around and perhaps dine. I've done it a BUNCH. :cutie: So enjoy! :flower:

As long time Disney lovers and original DVC members our family has always enjoyed visiting the resorts on property. We view this part of our vacations just as enjoyable as visiting the parks. Before the days of magic bands we would freely roam the kingdom in our car visiting resorts we weren’t staying at just by showing our DVC member card and ID. Our last trip we noticed how vigilant security was about checking magic bands at the resorts we were visiting. This is much appreciated considering we can remember the days when non resort guests would visit the resorts/pools for the day because security was non exsistant at the entrances of the resorts.

Some timeshares allow Day Use and others do not. DVC doesn't and for those that do, it's always space available. As noted, no options that a non member couldn't do. Certainly no pool hoping or using facilities but you can eat and shop though no guarantee of parking esp at MK resorts and BWV.

As others have said, no special privileges.

But it's usually no problem to park at AoA to eat at the resort QS. The same with POFQ if you want the shrimp and grits.

I am also an AP holder so I usually park at DHS to eat at the Boardwalk area. Or park at the TTC to visit the monorail resorts...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter