• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC Member Cruise Sept 2023

I wonder if it's an Android app issue. The other poster and I are both on iPhones which show gratuities.
Mine is iPad and iPhone! I just checked Navigator on iPhone and it’s not there. I am not concerned.

Last edited:

Do you see it in the DCL Navigator mobile app or are you looking at disneycruise.com?
The last time I checked it was in app in my iPhone.

The picture I had taken was on the website on my iPad.

Called back to try to get the passenger info fixed, since I was told last week to try again August 1st. Somehow ended up talking to a general Member Services CM, who tried to transfer me over to the Members Cruise CMs but there's over an hour wait and it wouldn't go through. They are still taking payments and are super busy. :sad2:
Update that I got through the 45 minute wait and was told to call back after August 7th. :fish:

I now see the "Prepaid Gratuity" information on DisneyCruise.com when I click "View Summary".

I now see the "Prepaid Gratuity" information on DisneyCruise.com when I click "View Summary".
I do too! Thank you for pointing this out. It apparently takes awhile to get everything in order.

Last edited:
I just checked Disney Cruise Line Reservation Summary for the Member Cruise. It does say prepaid gratuities for the entire party. This just makes me think even more that the cost of the 2023 member cruise was more in line with the cost of regular cruises than in the past. Based on what others have posted on these boards I was expecting a 25% increase over the cost of regular scheduled cruises.

I just checked Disney Cruise Line Reservation Summary for the Member Cruise. It does say prepaid gratuities for the entire party. This just makes me think even more that the cost of the 2023 member cruise was more in line with the cost of regular cruises than in the past. Based on what others have posted on these boards I was expecting a 25% increase over the cost of regular scheduled cruises.
I agree. It cost less than we were expecting it to in cash.

I agree. It cost less than we were expecting it to in cash.
That’s the reason we decided to go, we were ultimately wanting to hold off until our kids will a little bit older (they’ll be 1 and 3 years old at the time of sailing). But when we saw the points chart and cash prices, we decided that we had to at least try and book!

I was unable to go on the WISH DVC charter because of a medical issue that I experienced on the DCL cruise before the DVC charter. It wasn’t Covid related, and if it was, I do think DCL would have refunded my money.

For DCL cruises like this DVC MC where you cannot buy DCL insurance, and you pay for the whole thing so far in advance, but it is refundable, we always buy insurance from Allianz Global assistance. Today I got the check covering the Wish DVC charter.

That cruise sailed July 19, and we did provide our information to them in a timely manner. You can bet we bought this insurance for this upcoming DVC MC.

Sorry if it has been asked in the thread already.
Do DVC cruises count towards your Castaway Cay status?
Or don’t because it is a charter?
Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter