DVC Member Cruise Sept 2023

I think they were trying to streamline the process. Change isn't always good. No matter which way it goes there are always unforeseen consequences.

I tried calling about 5 minutes before 9 this morning and got the recording that they were taking DCL calls and everyone else call back later. So I followed the prompts and then got the try again message. Because it was nearly 9 AM, I went ahead and tried again; on the 3rd attempt, I got the hold music (whoop, whoop!) and a 37 minute wait time - but reality was the CM picked up the call in just 5 minutes. So we were able to get our cabins pointed/paid.

Sharing our experience so if anyone else is still trying to get a call in, try early tomorrow in case they have the lines open for DCL transactions. The CM told me they could only process the payment and DVC insurance things today - other requests, etc., would have to be a call back in August. Obviously we have plenty of time before sailing to handle any other business - I had just inquired because it's our first cruise with points in 11 years and I wanted to know the process for if we have things related to the sailing, do we call DVC or DCL.

I appreciate the tips, info, etc., from you all during this booking / payment process.

My experience was different as far as calling to pay for DVC MC. Before 9 I got the message they were closed. After 9 I got the message when I tried the prompt for DCL that they were busy and please call again!

I tried calling about 5 minutes before 9 this morning and got the recording that they were taking DCL calls and everyone else call back later. So I followed the prompts and then got the try again message. Because it was nearly 9 AM, I went ahead and tried again; on the 3rd attempt, I got the hold music (whoop, whoop!) and a 37 minute wait time - but reality was the CM picked up the call in just 5 minutes. So we were able to get our cabins pointed/paid.

Sharing our experience so if anyone else is still trying to get a call in, try early tomorrow in case they have the lines open for DCL transactions. The CM told me they could only process the payment and DVC insurance things today - other requests, etc., would have to be a call back in August. Obviously we have plenty of time before sailing to handle any other business - I had just inquired because it's our first cruise with points in 11 years and I wanted to know the process for if we have things related to the sailing, do we call DVC or DCL.

I appreciate the tips, info, etc., from you all during this booking / payment process.
I have booked several cruises through DVC in the past. This is the first member cruise that we booked. I feel we were lucky in that we only waited about an hour to book the cruise and after we missed the call to make payment later in the day we were able to call back and get through to make our payment.

For the normal cruises that we booked in the past using points through DVC, during the initial call to book the cruise, DVC would take all of the information and would put us on hold while they called DCL to finalize the reservation including room number, which dining time we had and forward to DCL any special requests such as food allergies, special occasions, etc. For the member cruise DVC seemed to be able to make the reservation without calling DCL. All that said based on past cruises as far as DCL is concerned DVC is treated like any other travel agent in that if you call DCL directly with any questions or requests related to your specific reservation they will most likely refer you back to DVC. I have called DCL and asked if my special requests showed on the reservation and they did that as well as give me the castaway club member numbers for the others in our party and verified that their castaway club status is reflected in the reservation. If you need specific help with your reservation you will most likely need to go through DVC.

I just got the call minutes ago. We’re now paid in full. Just hang in there they’ll call.
This is our first member cruise so I'm probably a little more anxious than some. What happens if they don't call within the 3-day period?

Thanks so much for sharing the info. We newbies really appreciate it.

I’m still waiting to pay. Tried this morning and got the same call back message.

Same boat! Waiting to pay; and haven’t received a call. Tried calling myself and got the call back message and then the hang up.

They called me for payment the same day that I booked (Saturday). It came up on cell phone as "Toll Free Call", and then the DVC lady called my house phone, and looked at the number (2 minutes later) and saw it was the DVC number and answered it and made payment then..

So, if you have 2 or more numbers, I guess they call both to except payment.?

Yay!! They finally called. We are now paid in full. Used Disney Gift Cards from Sams Club. We find renting out our points is much better than using them for the cruise. Hoping everyone gets a call soon.

Well, they are still calling folks. That’s good. I’ll probably try to call once more tonight.

I did hear a new recording. If you are calling to make a payment for the DVC MC, try calling later this week. Since the wait time was 99 minutes, I hung up and will try again later this week. It doesn’t sound like they are canceling for non payment just yet.

I did hear a new recording. If you are calling to make a payment for the DVC MC, try calling later this week. Since the wait time was 99 minutes, I hung up and will try again later this week. It doesn’t sound like they are canceling for non payment just yet.

Same recording after 5 calls today. Probably wait until Friday to call--wasted enough time.

They called us on Sunday, and took our points. However, our stateroom was not the one we had booked previously. Normally I would not care as long as we were placed in the same category. However, this time I am upset, as we had booked our room next to my sister’s room. Now we are on the other side of the ship, not near at all. They are going to look into it, but what can they do…:confused3

I was lucky. My call was picked up at 10:01am Saturday.
Although I was the CM first caller it took her 28 minutes to complete my booking. She kept putting me on hold. I finally had to tell her to snag my cabin number before it disappeared. Fortunately I was able to book my first choice one of the elusive cat #B Concierge OV family cabins. Member services called Monday. Paid in full. Reservation is confirmed on DCL website. I am so happy

Our DVC MC is on our DCL site, but so is the WBTA this September that we cancelled months ago!

Bellecruiser, I hope they can fix the mistake.

Hello! I did not receive the call for payment as of yet. I also had an issue. I called Saturday morning, got thru at 10:20AM & had a confirmation number for a cabin by 10:45AM. I told my DVC friends what cabin I was in and they got cabins very close to mine. When I looked online I was given another cabin, more forward I was to be aft. So I am upset also. Called back, waited some time to get thru but was told, SOLD OUT, sorry. Happy to have a cabin but upset that I got thru early but did not get what I thought I was getting. BTW, I was also on the DVC Charter, great time. Heading back in August for a four nighter with the family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter