DVC Member Cruise, BWV and PC/Free Dining Report!

LIFERBABE

DVC MEMBER @ BCV BWV OKW SSR BLT AKV
We just returned from the DVC Member Cruise (AWESOME), BWV and Pop Century with Free Dining.

We had a great trip and we all agree that this was our best Vacation EVER!!

The cruise surpassed all expectations and we can't wait to cruise again. My Ds's had a great time and wanted to spend the entire cruise in the Oceaneers Lab and Club. This was our first time cruising ever and the Member Cruise made it really special.

Dh and I celebrated our 9th Anniversary and enjoyed the cruise, dining and Ports very much.

Our night before Departure (Sat), we stayed at BWV in a studio. It rained, but we did make it to the Bon Voyage Party at PI that evening. Lots of fun and the Comedy show was fun.

We were in Awe the entire time we were on the Wonder. Everyone was so nice and accomodating. The service was excellent and the only issue I had was some booking problems with the Spa onboard. Other than that, DVC did an excellent job, they kicked it up about 10 notches over Member Homecoming, (which I loved) and you can really see Jim Lewis's influence in every detail. He runs a tight ship and expects excellence from his staff.
Everything was so professional and detailed. Art Linkletter gave an awesome talk, Susan Egan was just like being on Broadway, and the Stateroom gifts and announcements were laid out with great care and different towel animals each night.

I really enjoyed the Jim Lewis interview. It was staged like a talk show and he had his entire executive level staff there to help answer questions. He admitted that the decision to not have a Table restaurant at SSR was misguided and that they heard the membership "Loud and Clear" and showed drawings of the new Turf Club Bar and Grill.

He also spoke of the additions to the Concierge Collection and that he and his family had personally stayed at the Grand Wailea last year and loved it.

I did ask whether SSR would be given a guaranteed DTD View category like Boardwalk view, and the exec in charge of that area, says that it is working very well at the Boardwalk and is something they could look into at SSR as well if the membership really wants it. I say those that are interested should let it be known to DVC. I definitely will.

I can't say enough good things about the Member Cruise, and made it a point to complete both my DCL and DVC surveys.

They took GREAT care of us and we didnt want for anything the entire time and even the unplanned Port Everglades debarkation went extremely smooth and the bus trip to WDW was comped and snacks provided.

After our cruise, we had 1 night at BWV and 2 more at Pop Century. We arrived late (around 5pm) and were assigned a unit right away. It was right around the corner from the front desk and there was a Bell man moving a couple out of our assigned unit. We quickly found out why they were moving, it was a HA unit with a shower only that had a fold down seat in it. There was not enough room to roll in, because the fixed seat stuck out pretty far.

It was only for one night and it was close to the elevator, so we didnt complain and just kept it. I did feel, that the couple that moved, probably got the room we would have been assigned to, but since they complained, we were switched. We are now 2 for 2 for receiving HA units when checking in after 12 pm. Just more incentive for us to check in early or stay elsewhere the first night of longer trips.

PoP Century was alot of fun. I was very uncertain about, but it was lively and fun and my boys really liked all the oversized Icons. We did the free dining package and HDDR was a great first night off the ship meal. We really enjoyed it and my DS's now have a new favorite over Chef Mickey's.

Bus service was very good, there was always another bus coming and we didnt wait long at all. We used the busses alot this time, because we didnt get a car because of the change in port transportation from the ship. The rooms are small, but efficient and clean and with the dining plan, we didnt need a kitchenette. I was never a huge fan of the dining plan, but I really hope DVC gets that option in the near future. We wouldnt use it every trip, but for short stays, it worked out great.

Met lots of great Disers and Dvcers on the ship! :wave2:

Your trip sounds just wonderful. THhanks for sharing some of the details with us!

Best wishe s-

Thanks for the report Crystal. Glad you had a great time. I agree that Jim Lewis has added that extra spark to DVC. Loved the talk!

WDWLVR said:
Thanks for the report Crystal. Glad you had a great time. I agree that Jim Lewis has added that extra spark to DVC. Loved the talk!

Nice report. I remember you asking the question about the preferred/standard views at SSR. I just didn't realize it was you asking. ;)

I also loved Jim Lewis' talk. I feel he's been a very good influence on us as a DVC family.

My level of admiration grew of him even more that he was a common folk with us on the cruise. I'm certain Jim & his family were offered many extras that the rest of us were not. I loved seeing his kids in the club/lab with my children. I loved seeing him around dining with the rest of us. But the most respect/admiration I gained for him was when he rode the bus back to the Port on the same Greyhound bus as my DH did. I bet he was given other options and I think it's great that he chose to travel the same way the rest of us did.

Oh, I am so sad that you were staying at the BWV on sat and we were just across the lake at BCV. We could have all done PI. :rolleyes:
From your report about the cruise made me want to leave for ours now ! I am not sure i can wait 3 months 2 weeks 2 days 4hrs 42min. 20 seconds :teeth:

Glad you had a great Time ! You deserve It ! Well at least that is what i keep telling myself :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter