DVC Laundry Room Etiquette

You did fine, OP. Thinking back to my college days, it was generally assumed that you needed to get your stuff out of the dryer as soon as the cycle ended or you run the risk of someone doing it for you.

And no need to fold anyone's clothes.

I hate to say it, but this is exactly why I'm doing laundry during off-hours (early morning/late evening). It skeeves me out to think about people touching my clothes! I would have brought a book and would have babysat my clothes from start to finish. That said, however, if I was in the OP's situation and there were no available dryers and my wet clothes were finished, I would have absolutely taken someone's dry clothes out of a dryer to make room for my own (although I wouldn't have folded them - - just laid the items on top of one another). AND, I would have told the person who came in to retrieve for their clothes exactly what I had done. I believe there is an expectation that if you aren't with your clothes at all times, that someone needing a machine shouldn't have to wait. To the OP, it definitely stinks that you had to deal with the childish backlash of another guest over this issue... it really sounds as if you were trying to be as courteous as possible given the situation. :flower3:

:)The three or four times I have washed at Pop...I have never left clothing unattended. I would fold someone else's stuff...if I needed that dryer... but never would I want them to fold mine, so I just plan on that evening ahead and know that it will be a boring couple of hours. This trip I have the evening on Nov.2 set aside for this purpose:laundy:...I will be in the Kindani laundry about 10p.m. probably...stop by and we will visit. (DH says my planning spreadsheet creeps him out):confused3

Diane- I noticed today when wandering through that you put Bill's picture in your lower line of your post. Thank You for keeping him as part of your memory of DVC still going.
I am still muddling through even more paperwork than before as it now comes with "instruction manuals" that you have to read through before you can fill out anything. Boy oh boy, did Bill love those instruction manuals and read each line..thought each process through, and then went on to the next papragraph....what a great guy I had in my life all those years.

Thanks again for your thoughtfulness.
Bill's wife---Peg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter