• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC Insurance

That’s correct. I buy it every year at the same time I pay my dues, because we have pre-existing conditions all over the place.

Please elaborate - I'd like to know more about this relationship & the timing, so that I can take advantage of it.
Thanks;

Please elaborate - I'd like to know more about this relationship & the timing, so that I can take advantage of it.
Thanks;
I have found it very difficult to get information on the policy online recently; I'll have a look for you. But in the past, I basically bought the policy online the same day that I finished paying my dues. I've never had to use it, though. It's common for travel policies to cover pre-existing conditions if you buy them the same day that you make a non-refundable payment. I think the idea is that they don't want you to buy the policy when you realize that you might have to cancel, but to buy it right when you make the final decision to take the trip.

I have found it very difficult to get information on the policy online recently; I'll have a look for you. But in the past, I basically bought the policy online the same day that I finished paying my dues. I've never had to use it, though. It's common for travel policies to cover pre-existing conditions if you buy them the same day that you make a non-refundable payment. I think the idea is that they don't want you to buy the policy when you realize that you might have to cancel, but to buy it right when you make the final decision to take the trip.
... makes sense; thanks MaBurke-
I received some info from MouseyMin also, and PM'd both of you.:earsboy:
Too late for me to apply this to our 2018 points, but I will definitely take advantage of this in January, when paying for 2019 DVC Dues. (which are going up by 10% btw...)!:eeyore:

I believe that you have to pay for each UY, so you pay twice for current and banked points. You do not pay for each contract, though. I have 11 subcontracts, and it’s a great deal for me.

You only buy once per UY, not for each contract?? Even iif they are at different resorts? That's not the impression I got, but answers from Disney on this (Or Travelex) are very confusing.

You only buy once per UY, not for each contract?? Even iif they are at different resorts? That's not the impression I got, but answers from Disney on this (Or Travelex) are very confusing.
Yes - you insure points by the UY.

Yes, I have 11 subcontracts at 5 resorts in 3 states, & I only pay by UY. They are all in the same membership (same UY), though.

So if you have current, banked and borrowed points in a reservation do you have buy three insurances? How do you buy insurance for a future use year especially when you don't use all of the points for that use year?

I am going to have read up on this insurance before we pay our 2019 dues.

So if you have current, banked and borrowed points in a reservation do you have buy three insurances? How do you buy insurance for a future use year especially when you don't use all of the points for that use year?

I am going to have read up on this insurance before we pay our 2019 dues.
I had a harder time last year finding all the info online. But yes, you’ve got it right. For example, we don’t usually borrow points, but this year, we did borrow a few. So I paid for 2018 and 2019 insurance in January of 2018. Now I don’t need to pay for 2019 again in January, 2019. All of our vacations paid for with 2019 points are already covered.

Yes, I have 11 subcontracts at 5 resorts in 3 states, & I only pay by UY. They are all in the same membership (same UY), though.

Well - that's my problem - I have two resorts and two different UYs - so I think I still would have to buy two insurance packages.

I had a harder time last year finding all the info online. But yes, you’ve got it right. For example, we don’t usually borrow points, but this year, we did borrow a few. So I paid for 2018 and 2019 insurance in January of 2018. Now I don’t need to pay for 2019 again in January, 2019. All of our vacations paid for with 2019 points are already covered.

Thank you. I will have to look on MS website when I have time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter