DVC Incentivizes Polynesian and Bay Lake Tower Sales – But Is It A Good Deal?

Discounts at sold out resorts are always a waste of money. Providing a discount on a product that you have previously artificially inflated the price on (with the primary purpose of the price inflation being to actually DISCOURAGE purchases of that product) is an illusory "discount" at best.

Last edited:
As we were looking to add relatively soon, this has our attention :magnify:

To make the discounting worthwhile one needs to be looking at a minimum of 200 points though. One has to think at the 200-point level the amount of discounting will rival when Poly 2.0 goes on sale to existing members. When applied to the Poly the discounts seem more meaningful as opposed to BLT (especially if you like the Poly over BLT, GFV, or RIV)

As to why they are doing this when the GFV are in active sales; why speculate?!? I do believe allot of the reasons already listed in this thread are plausible.

Last edited:
Discounts at sold out resorts are always a waste of money. Providing a discount on a product that you have previously artificially inflated the price on (with the purpose of the price inflation being to actually DISCOURAGE purchases of that product) is an illusory "discount" at best.
There have been a few that were good, like the Aulani firesale and the BW firesale. This is not a firesale, though.

Will this have much impact on Poly or BLT resale prices?
I don't think so, but I am not an economist! This seems almost like a low-cost move to try to keep Poly or BLT resale prices from going lower? Or keep them at the level they are, without having to pay for ROFR.

Oh this is interesting. I plan to add points when the poly2 starts selling, but my interest is booking studios, so the poly1 works fine.

But now the question is, for the amount of points I want to add, if it’s the same association, maybe it’ll be cheaper if I wait until 2024…
I think Disney is grabbing a higher price now at sold out Poly, and that opening prices with incentives at new Poly will be better than this. Boy oh Boy do I need a crystal ball! 🔮

Last edited:
You could probably bag a Poly resale for $150, so my back of a fag packet calculation makes that $12900 for a 10% discount card plus a few extras. Nah. I can't make a case for it.

You could probably bag a Poly resale for $150, so my back of a fag packet calculation makes that $12900 for a 10% discount card plus a few extras. Nah. I can't make a case for it.

Direct comes with the ability to use points at RIV and future resorts as well. Not saying that is worth such a big difference but it’s more than just discounts.

There can be no other way to read this other than new Poly will be same association and when it goes on sale it will cost less than this 😉
Really? Can’t tell if you’re kidding or not… I always thought it would be same association, but now I am thinking it will be a new association…
And… it will cost less than this, and last longer…

Not sure why anyone would take them up on this deal unless they were just looking to add on a few more points… Any contract of substance I’d say should go resale.

Really? Can’t tell if you’re kidding or not… I always thought it would be same association, but now I am thinking it will be a new association…

Not sure why anyone would take them up on this deal unless they were just looking to add on a few more points… Any contract of substance I’d say should go resale.

Someone who really wants PVB for a home and wants to be able to use at RIV and all future resorts, including Poly tower..even if it ends up only getting them 7 month advantage..this deal can put someone close to what RIV and VGF are currently going for as active selling resorts and guarantees them use everywhere.

Resale can’t do that right now.

Last edited:

I’d characterize it as wishful thinking

I hope they are the same association…. For me, in in the present form, I would not buy into Poly because of the inventory of rooms they have. I’d want an 11 month advantage with more resort type options…. That’s the appeal of VGF to me….

That said, Poly with the history of the resort greatly appeals to me, just not sure I would want to own DVC there yet…

The DVC site also says there are special offers for Old Key West and Saratoga Springs. Anyone know the details?

Sold-Out Resorts - New Member Pricing
Discount
11/17 - 3/1
Price
OKW / SSR
150 - 174 points3197
175 - 199 points4196
200 - 249 points 7193
250 - 299 points8192
300 - 499 points12188
500 - 999 points14186
1000+ points15185

Someone who really wants PVB for a home and wants to be able to use at RIV and all future resorts, including Poly tower..even if it ends up only getting them 7 month advantage..this deal can put someone close to what RIV and VGF are currently going for as active selling resorts and guarantees them use everywhere.

This!

Could not have said it better. The Poly version of this discount is a deal for the right buyer. Reminds me of someone I know 😄

Plus I am thinking the Poly Tower area will not be as tranquil as the existing Poly DVC buildings.

Last edited by a moderator:

Me and my husband are in this bracket. We have been waiting to buy Poly2 Direct from as soon as it was announced and had been going to buy at VGF2 until they announced Poly Tower.
We are already resale members so especially if we did 200 points that saving is great. We don't have any current direct points so we want to lock in that ability to stay at all future resorts that could be locked in under restrictions.

Me and my husband are in this bracket. We have been waiting to buy Poly2 Direct from as soon as it was announced and had been going to buy at VGF2 until they announced Poly Tower.
We are already resale members so especially if we did 200 points that saving is great. We don't have any current direct points so we want to lock in that ability to stay at all future resorts that could be locked in under restrictions.
I understand where you and some others are coming from, but that's a heck of a premium to pay to do something that you could achieve just by renting points when you fancy a new resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter