DVC in September? What is going on?!

DeeBee3

I'm not grumpy; you're too happy.
I know it's low point season and food & wine, etc. Literally all the resorts have no availability (in studios). I think I saw 1 day in 1 resort. Is this typical? Or is something else going on? I was just surprised that all resorts were in the same position.

People also book studios for MNNSHP and Halloween Horror Nights at Universal. My family actually has a studio at Saratoga Springs booked in mid September for HHN. Contrary to popular belief fall is a very popular time to go for DVC members rather than the summer months.

I suppose since I saw so much open this summer I assumed there would be more days to pick from at OKW or SSR. Not going but was very curious when looking at my August trip.

That doesn't mean you can't piece something together, but you will need to put in the effort (stalking the website multiple times per day, using short waitlists, etc.). You also need to be willing to stay anywhere and probably consider a split stay.

Even at 7 months availability was really tight this year. Instead, the last two weeks of August had a lot of availability well into 7 months. So I guess it means the lower point charts are doing their job of increasing demand for September.
The last week of August is the " I don't like kids , or crowds" DVC dream week. The few extra points for BWV are saved in not needing Genie + and being able to grab SV without walking a res.

The last week of August is the " I don't like kids , or crowds" DVC dream week. The few extra points for BWV are saved in not needing Genie + and being able to grab SV without walking a res.
At the end I was able to get BWV, CCV and AK (standard) anyway, but it was more stressful than usual and I has to settle for Kidani instead of Jumbo. I've been going mostly in September and this was the worst year ever for availability.
I'm contemplating, like you said, to go late August next time, it would open a lot of options for booking at 7 months.

At the end I was able to get BWV, CCV and AK (standard) anyway, but it was more stressful than usual and I has to settle for Kidani instead of Jumbo. I've been going mostly in September and this was the worst year ever for availability.
I'm contemplating, like you said, to go late August next time, it would open a lot of options for booking at 7 months.
The week before Labor Day - ending the sat of Labor Day is a great week.

1. You get home and still have Sun and Monday off
2. I did not need any genie plus only a LL for guardian- longest standby was 35 min

I will not split stay again in August ( I booked at 3 months ) - way too hot to be told your room is not ready - lucky for me my second split was with Swan and they had the room at 8am This August , SV for the week at BWV .

Just adding that many southern schools have fall break at the end of September :)
In middle TN they are all in Oct, September seems really early, even if you start first of August like we do here. End of September is barely hitting 8 weeks of school. Semesters here are 9 weeks so it hits 2nd or 3rd week of October depending on start date.

In middle TN they are all in Oct, September seems really early, even if you start first of August like we do here. End of September is barely hitting 8 weeks of school. Semesters here are 9 weeks so it hits 2nd or 3rd week of October depending on start date.
We start Aug 1 and our break is the last week of Sept. The county adjacent to us has their fall break the week before us.

Was able to piece together a split stay in Sept renting points. New to waitlists and trying to get an extra night 9/22 at the end of our trip (MNSSHP night). Any way to tell which waitlists are the shortest or most likely to turn over? Called DVC services and they didn’t provide much info regarding length of waitlists. Just mentioned some of the less popular rooms.

Was hoping to either get something on the monorail loop (1BR preferably) or RIV 1BR preferred as that’s where we currently end our split stay. We’d prefer a 1 BR which I imagine would be easier than a studio.

Currently on the RIV 1BR preferred and VGF 1 BR lake view lists. We start stay at BLT so was hoping to get VGF for the end of it.

The week before Labor Day - ending the sat of Labor Day is a great week.

1. You get home and still have Sun and Monday off
2. I did not need any genie plus only a LL for guardian- longest standby was 35 min

I will not split stay again in August ( I booked at 3 months ) - way too hot to be told your room is not ready - lucky for me my second split was with Swan and they had the room at 8am This August , SV for the week at BWV .
SHHHHH don't tell everybody how great that week is. Then they'll all want to come.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter