DVC housekeeping ?

Biggest difference in DVC and being a regular hotel guest is that nothing is free for you anymore. Anything you want you pay for. Member fees pay for everything, towels, cleaning, security, maintenance, etc. And if you just ask for more without paying for it, your dues go up next year and then everyone pays for the stops in the hallway. All those freebies you used to get as a regular hotel guest were part of your daily cost of your hotel room.

I have been a DVC member for 20 years. In the early years, housekeeping came everyday just like in a hotel. At some point there was a member vote on whether we wanted to keep that and increase dues, or go with the present system. Not many wanted the increased dues and so we now have the Trash and Tidy cleaning. It is really no big deal to hang up a towel or throw them in the washer.

Besides free daily maid service and clean towels is a myth, you are paying for those items with high cost of a Disney Hotel Room.

Last edited:
I have been a DVC member for 20 years. In the early years, housekeeping came everyday just like in a hotel. At some point there was a member vote on whether we wanted to keep that and increase dues, or go with the present system. Not many wanted the increased dues and so we now have the Trash and Tidy cleaning. It is really no big deal to hang up a towel or throw them in the washer.
I too have been a member for over 20 yrs and don't recall a daily housekeeping.

16 year member and no daily housekeeping for us, so if it ever did happen it was pre-1999 and only at OKW prior to other resorts coming on line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter